Art Center vs SVA
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Art Center vs SVA

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Art Center vs SVA

I'm finishing a 4 year BFA in Graphic Design from a public university. After applying to graduate school, I have been accepted to SVA's MFA design program and Art Center's undergrad in graphic design to hone my skills. At first, I thought that SVA was the clear choice, but the more I compare the work of the two schools, I am seeing Art Center to be a great opportunity. The only thing that I see negative about Art Center is that it is working towards a degree I already have (though I understand the caliber is far higher) rather than working towards an MFA.

Any insight or banter is welcome.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Elwell is offline Sticks Like Grim Death Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,666 Times in 5,020 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    One of the main reasons to go to a school like Art Center or SVA is the connections you'll make. So, do you want to be on the east coast or the west coast after school?

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hmm... tough call, I have professors who went to SVA and they are awesome, but I also have a friend who transfered from scad to art center and he does some great stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wait, so if you got into Art Center, but you'll have to start over and you can't work for your MFA there?

Art Center produces some stellar graphic designers, but since you your almost done with your degree I think I would just go to SVA to get my MFA.

If you're still unsure, compare the work you have now to the graphic design work from students from Art Center. If it compares and is just as good, get your MFA at SVA. If you feel that it is lacking and doesn't compare to what you're seeing at Art Center, maybe you should start over so you're still in the game.

Best of luck to you!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.