Tablet Settings
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Tablet Settings

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Tablet Settings

Hi everyone, I was wondering if you could shed some light on this:

I wasn't too impressed with Photoshop's tablet response, since it doesn't have any sort of custom callibration like Painter's Brush Tracking. I like using the pens in Painter, because of thick-to-thin lines I can achieve. This simply wasn't happening in Photoshop, no matter what size brush I was using. So I adjusted my tablet settings in System Preferences. I tried softening the tip's pressure sensitivity, but this only made it worse. So I made it firm, and now the brush dynamics are a lot better. What does everyone else think?

In one of Ryan Church's DVD's, he talks about pressing really hard during Brush Tracking, and this makes it easier for him to get the effects he wants without having to press too hard later on.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Arshes Nei is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I'm going to have to say that opening your Brush Dynamics is just the way to go in Photoshop. People should learn to play with the advanced settings instead of just relying on the opacity/flow sliders.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was using a brush with Size Jitter set to Pen Pressure, and the Minimum Diameter set to the lowest possible setting (about one pixel). Even so, I wasn't able to acheive very dynamic strokes. This is how it looked before making the adjustment:

And this is how it looked after:

The only problem was it ruined my brush sensitivity in Painter. But after resetting Brush Tracking using minimal pressure, it worked perfectly.

Attached Images Attached Images    

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.