Girl Blowing up cars. without cars

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I set out to draw a really detailed background to get better at composing space but never got around to drawing the background and ended up faffing with the character. I was trying to make her clothes slightly reflective so the fire that was going to be behind her accentuated the figure but it ended up in a bit of a blur.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    She either has a very large head (which just may be the case) or her shoulders are too small, or the pose is not setting well with me. Her face also seems to be very flat. Any reason why she has bags under her eyes? good to see your work on here! Keep updating!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah she definitely has in inflated and enlarged head/face.. not workin. the pose is ok but i think its that her body seems to get smaller as you move up from the knees. her legs and hips are big, but then her waist is small and her torso is smaller. too much too fast i think, i hope that makes sense. her left arm seems ok but her right is too low for that bent position.

this is a cool concept, adjust these issues and keep at it. post more - JAG

it's only after you've lost everything, that you're free to do anything..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The pose is from a photo ref of me at age 17... oh dear! - That said after the initial sketch was drawn I took the ref away... but its funny to compare your critique to my own, big bummed, small waisted and long armed body! *gah*

Thank you both for the critique. Fresh eyes are so helpful and you are both very right.

Perhaps it is the roundness of the shading that doesn't work with the shoulder angle? I'll try and broaden them and define the bone structure more as my next step.... Shifting that unfinished arm is pretty easy.

Nov: She has bags under her eyes because she has been reining destruction over the city behind her. Knackering work! Never underestimate the dedication of a villain hehe - her flat face, I'll try and add more sharpness to her features, I'll post an update in a couple of weeks when I get a new computer... I'm gearing up to getting back into painting after six months without due to no computer! *excited*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I know about flat faces (as I own one), but there are always enough shadows and reflections to make a face interesting (or at least my mum says so) when rendered right. And villainesses use makeup too. Those bags can dissappear. An update in a couple weeks...? we expect overnight (kidding)!! You're doing better than I as I'm coming back from years of not doing any art... sigh.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This and two other pictures have taken up my lunch breaks for the last few month. I'm SOOOO looking forward to having a computer again. *dusts her wacom tablet*

You have an actually flat face? thats WAY weirder than my big bum and long arms *sideways glance*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My partner is Indonesian and he has a caveman brow. It's no excuse!

j/k I'm sure you are lovely

*inches away from the flat face* XP

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Flattery(?) will get you everywhere.

And besides it was JAG who mentioned your big bum and long arms... I only implicitly agreed. Post your other two you mentioned when you get a chance.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Only?

This I didn't plan to post because I have decided not to finish it and is my first ever wacom drawing that I have re drawn once and basically used as a learning curve for digital painting.

This isn't really concept art, its drawn to be an A2 print (so its huge as a psd) for a friends birthday. I'm prining it over some paper with gold leaf splattered under the tips of the wings and its supposed to be a representation of how humanity can behave angelicly with the tools we are given.

Other than this and a whole bunch of doodles I haven't really done any digital art before

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Who really knows for sure if you do? Well, I do know that I have a big head (and my girl agrees)...

Your first figure looks more like a doll the way her skin is painted... and her thighs are huge. otherwise, it looks decent. you could probably do a sculpt of her. I like the way you rendered her hair. Was this done in PS?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hehe I know for sure

I'm a big anime fan and when I started painting this I was looking at anime tutorials to help me learn the software. Yes all in ps these two starting in pencil.

She has huge thighs because I like drawing powerful women, I guess its the athlete and feminist in me. I'm fairly muscular my self so it makes sense to draw what I know

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    last one is niice. you're one of the rare people that actually make threads after posting in the lounge, for which i congratulate you.

about the last one, reminds me of gezstar's work, which is great! slap some colours onto it, like, flat ones and it would look great.
    im not much of a critter..erm..crit giver so i'm just going to suggest working more and more, keep going!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    man am i late to this party or what?.. wasnt saying the body was 'bad' just 'looks' odd from the perspective.. or something

id like to see the progress on it though..

your other posts are interesting. that first one is eerie. the face is nicely rendered and strangely familiar, but then the body is a large mass barely defined by some soft shadows... creepy man.

i think the lines in the last image are great.. a lot of work with the hands too, well done.

i forgot to mention that i like the colors in the image of the 'destructioness', they work well.. low saturation and flat tones but it really puts the focus on the girl. good work.. - JAG

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    asoir: Thanks, I'm glad you like it. I have browsed this site a whole bunch of times but since I decided I absolutely can't work in IT my whole life this is part of the escape plan!

You don't have to retract crit's JAG, your perfectly right! I like my long arms! all the better for bitch slapping you with The shoulders do look funny and the head is a bit lolli-pop, I'll see how it looks when I broaden her a bit.

With the doll girl I guess it took me so long to figure out how to paint smoothly I took out any high contrast colours trying to learn to use photoshop. If I ever do anything her it I'll give her a light source ^^ but I'm sick of looking at it. I showed it to a few friends who immediately said they liked the zombie scribble more. Typical eh?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    heh.. bitch slap me eh? well we'll see about that yeah thats typical of friends, no worries.. i find that friends are usually dumb

keep posting.. - JAG

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Long arms, short thick legs, big head. I'm getting a CotW moment here...

(runs away)

Oh, check out the newly formed anatomy group if you're interested in doing weekly anatomical sketches...

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.