VOTING !! Teen Challenge #26

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: Vote for your favorite entry !

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • bestow

0 0%
  • asoir

1 2.56%
  • Orifice

28 71.79%
  • life on the sofa

1 2.56%
  • Octothreat

0 0%
  • dmitri

1 2.56%
  • Apts

0 0%
  • Jtho

1 2.56%
  • Evil_Sloth

1 2.56%
  • Narmo

0 0%
  • JanW

5 12.82%
  • Cordy

1 2.56%
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The topic was "Future". Great entries whereas the topic wasn't easy at all, I think. See & vote for your favorite:

bestow

asoir

Orifice
    "In the future; there will be robots. And they will know how to party."

life on the sofa
    "in the future, humans used all resources available, global warming was at its peak and so began this milleniums natural extiction of itselg began, 92% of earths population perished,....the richest, most powerfull and influential people were evacuated to space colonies established by a number of multi bilionaires"

Octothreat
    Futurism, championed by Marinetti, idealized progress, change, and youth. It found war to be the ultimate manifestation of this.

dmitri
    "All citizens are urged to stay inside and cover their windows with what is suitable and available for the purpose.
    Any civillian met outside will be shot as a terrorist without questioning.
    This is for your own safety."

Apts

Jtho

Evil_Sloth

Narmo

JanW

Cordy

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    voted orifice, was really close with jtho (wish it was finished!), janw and cordy's though...really REALLY great entries.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    DAMN forgot about TD AGAIN.. doh...

well i voted for orifice, nice theme and lightning

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very nice pieces here.
    @Asoir, did you use a Filter to get the brunt out look?

@Orifice: The flashlight drove me nuts when I saw it. Whised you'd have put the
    same effort into the Robot (got time problems?)

@ Life: Why not put some direct light into it?

@Octo: Are that embryos flooding out of his mouth!? O.o

@dmitri: You got nicely around putting in any living thing with your description.
    Anyhow you might show us the consequences of "beeing met outside" next
    time?

@ Apts: I like this irrational bits in your piece.

@ Jtho: Very nice character, but the background makes it hide in it. Some
    contrast would open it up and give it more form.

@ Evil_Sloth: The idea looks nice, couldn't you be bothered to work it out?

@ Narmo: NIce alpine environment but i think the linework doesn't
    support the sky and perspektive.

@ Cordy: What about some clouds?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Icon

Choice was very hard, especially between Orifice and JanW. Maybe next time I could allow multiple votes ..?

I'll try to give some crits, but don't take them to seriously plz...

bestow => First of all, the sky looks to grey for me, I mean, to "uniform": we can see that you didn't paint it with the pencil, but you just filled the canvas. Look at photos: if this grey is for clouds, their's not enough contrast, you could define them a bit. If it's just the sky color as the blue etc.., there must be an atmospher variation, generally brighter above the lands, and the more darker the more you join space.
    The paint itself looks to much soft, they are not enough really straight lines, even little ones for rocks or whatever.
    But as far as I can tell, the idea is cool

asoir => Woow. What a weird picture :p but beautiful at the same time. I just don't really get its meaning and its link with the topic, sry

Orifice => Great great great. Even the lamp-torch looks good, but I think there's a l'tle mistake in its reflections, since we can see the guy's face whereas he is in front of the light-side. I had to find something wrong, because I'm so jealous of you, talented guy.

life on the sofa => Nice concept. Maybe you could have been more "explosive" while drawing the earth destruction (if I didn't misunderstand the text ..)

Octothreat => I was expecting this "kind" of picture whis such a topic, and it isn't a disappointment. Just a bit too sketchy for me, maybe with more time working on it it could be better..

dmitri => It reminds me 1984, that's cool The idea is well executed, we can feel the environment, and the text fits well with it.

Apts => Nice idea, and the picture's nice. Maybe it could be more dynamic with more contrasts, but on the other hand, it could change this "all grey, all sad" feeling.. But for the character, she's too straight for someone standing like that: maybe her legs should be folded a bit. There's a nice depth in the whole picture, and that's important.

Jtho => Too bad for the hands ! I'm not really sure to get what's the background: are they buildings with red light coming through the windows ?

Evil_Sloth => Nice colors and chracter design, one more time. Don't have real crits since it isn't finished and it's already great !

Narmo => i shoudl'nt even post it..

JanW => I like the concept, I like the colors, I like the light & contrasts, the pieces of life through the spaceship, and the composition. Isn't it enough ?

Cordy => There is one, and only one thing I don't get, wich is the link with the topic, but I'm sure the slightest explanation will fix it. I love everything else.

Sooooo... welcome to all of you who have just join us in our weekly (more or less ^^) party

Anyone got an idea for the next one ? Something [more=>edit=>] LESS vague than future please

Does "The discover" is okay for you ?

Last edited by Narmo; March 27th, 2007 at 05:27 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    jan- hehe, nah i din't, i used some layer effects but no filters. it was all done in painter, and im not even sure what the filters you can use in it even are ;P

narmo- don't blame you! i was going to add a background but i'd already moved on and had loadsa shit to do...ahh i shouldn't make excuses, anyway i'll explain... well i'll explain what it SHOULD have been in a way:
    there was gonna be a suffering human in the background, maybe a glimpse of his head. the head would sort of be the...evil in future society, should it be that the future is dominated by those guys, or whether i was going to make it full bodied and being just HIM who is the evil one. i still had a pretty long way to go either way! its pretty much just the evil head right now ;P

i must add though, im not sure why you dont get cordy's link, i'd have thought the futuristic train and glowing figures would have given it away.

OH and about the topic, vaguer huh? perhaps the topic could be a word, like "bleak" or "air" etc

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thank ya'll for the votes! makes me alot of the happy yes! happy! yes! and I really appreciate the cc's and such!
    Jan: It was a timeproblem;_; gotta fix stuff to use as work samples as I'm attending uni this fall. So ya gotta through them some stuff.
    Narmo:I know those reflections are of, buttehhhh... watarya gonna do. I'm happy enough with it ya know.

bestow - you have captured a good post apocalyptic mood, with the little hopeful touch of the flower. The disc-view-cafe thing is a good feature too. light and shadow seems to be a thing you could work alot on. I'd actually recomend you to try PS instead, its easier to controll.

asoir - its a good one. I like the golden colors and chinese signs. I'm not sure I get it though, a concept/explanation would be cool! I still think that It could use a bit of unphotoshoping work, ebenthough its more of an object thing. But good job nevertheless!

life on the sofa - the painting seem to lack a bit in action. I'd like to see some colony ship almost colliding with the camera or somesuch... I dig the concept though, nicely thought out! And with details for higher believability!

octothreat - I can appreciate the will to experiment here man! It feels like you're close to something, but I'd say its a little to messy... I like the fetus orbs and the coal-train! Pretty cool colors too btw.

dmitri - I have always liked this kind of concepts. the halflife2 model... You captured it nicely in the concept text, but the pic could be worked on a bit more... I would like to see some organic shapes too, a bit stale with just the buildings.

apts - I like it. i like the horrible weather and ocean, you can really feel it! But its something bout those walkways/roads/bridges between the houses that seems a bit flat and uninteresting. The structures would be lifted alot by adding more detail. Plus I say, spank some contrast inthere man!

Jtho - As said it has potential! I cant say why, but I have a problem with the cropping... Its really narrow around the guy, I think more space in some direction would add to it. But a very good job, I like his face!

evil sloth - A solid job here! I like it! I enjoy them parasol thingies alot eventhough I have no idea what they are. Good over all design too, I would have liked to see what this could become. you are the figure master!

narmo - Good job on idea and concept, i like it! Are they looking out a window or at a screen? My guess would be that they look at a tv showing the beauty of the world as it was before it got destroyed by humanity. But the pic is very photoshop-y, 'fcourse the interior of the building the most. I guess its a time problem.

JanW - JanW, JanW... Such a good job! I like it very much, your style of painting is highly enviable. Good compositin and action by them ships/planes. The colors are the greatest man, the icey blues could wake a bear, they really smack you in the face! And you made it work beautifully, kudos man,kudos! So yes, you got my vote.

Cordy - I like this alot. The figures in the top are excellent, whish I could make those. But especially the train needs alot of fixing up. And the guy. If you rendered out his face and brought up the train to a good level, but kept the figures I think it would look marvelous. But yes, good job.

Good job by everyone! A fun lookthrough indeed!

Father Christmas will mess you up.
    Deviantart-page
    its my SKETCHBOOK! first page last page

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Orifice got my vote! Hey, get the next challenge up and running!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Orifice
    asoir - its a good one. I like the golden colors and chinese signs. I'm not sure I get it though, a concept/explanation would be cool! I still think that It could use a bit of unphotoshoping work, ebenthough its more of an object thing. But good job nevertheless!
    just scroll up..a little bit

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    haha I'm ashamed now asoir! got it. actually like it alot more now that i know bout the thought behind it.

Father Christmas will mess you up.
    Deviantart-page
    its my SKETCHBOOK! first page last page

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for your appreciation Orifice, and of course for your Vote
    And Narmo: I would like "The discovery" as theme.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thkx to everyone who give crits !

I did a mistake again, I didn't mean "more vague" but LESS vague, yes, it is the contrary, yes I'm french afterall

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    good entries guys.
    Orifice, you got my vote.

what more can I say? I'm waiting on the next one

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cheers for the crits that have been given, by the way i voted for asoir (I assume we are allowed to vote just so long as we don't vote for our own) and yeah Narmo i know the figure was terribly drawn but i kept getting distracted by the background and trying to fix parts of that, oh and with the colour scheme i spent the whole time desperately trying not to have to much contrast to make it very bleak and depressing but maybe i pushed that to far, and yeah orifice i get your point about the roads but i think you may have misunderstood my picture (or more likely it just isn't good enough for people to be able to interpret it properly but inside the arch things are actually cities, if you look closely you should be able to make out buildings, anyway back to the roads, i was going to draw cars on them or something like that but i realised at that scale you wouldn't be able to see them at all) btw jan w and orifice yours both look great i especially like the reflective effect on the metal of the robot.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Apts, but you mention we are not allowed to vote for our
    own piece? Sorry then, because I voted for me egoistic self
    But if I had known the rule I would've voted for Orifice, because of
    the flashlight...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Vote goes to Orifice. I prefer the version with the hovering mobile phone though. Is that torch on? it looks like it is but the lighting on the guy says its not. Anyway, this is a strong piece and the theme is recognisable in the piece.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your critiques made me realize that my "comfort zone" isn't so much a subject... but, rather, being dull and boring.
    Chilling, but definately something to think about. A lot.

I voted for Cordy because of the people at the top. They feel so isolated, yet fully functional...
    Meaning I can't give a logical reason for my voting.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh I'm not sure about the not voting for yourself thing, it just seemed likely but you'd be better of asking someone else

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by JanW
    Thanks Apts, but you mention we are not allowed to vote for our
    own piece? Sorry then, because I voted for me egoistic self
    But if I had known the rule I would've voted for Orifice, because of
    the flashlight...
    oh thats just unsportsmanlike!
    but first timers are excusable

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm relieved to hear that.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    voted for jtho. i think the concept and execution is the best.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow, i totaly forgot about this, and mine was entered? ! lol it was no where near finished that was just my idea pic i was gonna do it again different from scratch oh well cool that it was entered thanks. and i got a vote hehe, maybe someone meant to vote orifice but cliked me by mistake lol but maybe someone meant to vote for me which is cool but anyway i voted for orifice! even tho the guy who is drunk has a very stiff scary face lol i can imagine having a drunk conversation with a brain in a big kettle like thing style robot.

Any fool can know. The point is to understand.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    very good

fhghgd

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.