Needs fixin' *not work safe*
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Threaded View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Needs fixin' *not work safe*

So many things went wrong on this picture I can’t believe I got it this far. I hate how it turned out, but since I spent probably well over 9 hours on it I figured I’d get some crits on it.

There were a few things I didn’t notice when I first started this piece, first of all there are TWO light sources which threw me through a loop because I didn’t notice it at first, I just kept thinking “man these are some weird shadows” until I realized what it was.

Then after doing all that work on the body I realized I drew the head to small, this was after I was well into the shading phase. So it looks like I just did an okay job on the body then I just threw up where the face is supposed to be. I guess I need to practice doing shaded piece of faces.

Oh one more thing I should note is that; no I didn’t just “skip” the feet, the picture ends there. Well, I guess I’d better learn something from this. I’m at a loss for what to do with this to improve it. I'd really like to make it an acceptable piece of art, but I'm gonna need some help from you guys out there.

EDIT: I've added a "not work safe" tag on it, sorry I forgot. I also took out the face because I feel I just messed it up to bad.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Gunther409; March 27th, 2007 at 03:33 AM.
    I think the problem with pen&ink is that there is no Ctrl+z command.

writers and artists have a lot in common -- we both draw from life, we both paint pictures, and we'll both spend to many sleepless nights on our work.

My (new) sketchbook: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=100982

My (old) Sketchbook:http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=88773
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.