Erotic woman WIP

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face Erotic woman WIP

Hi people

I'm trying to learn digital painting finally take the dive after looking at so many nice work online. This is my first and still working on it, very slowly probably take someone 1 day to paint, but taken me 2 weeks already LOL. All crits and comments welcome. Enjoy

I have been doing 3d work mostly, and lost the drawing passion. Now I'm back cause I feel I would learn so much more by rendering by hand first, and indeed I have. Let me know How I could take the painting further

BTW the white border around her is not a halo effect, just some ugly fringe I'm too lazy to clean up, I'll have to clean it eventually please ignore for the moment

Name:  432087345_9c8bc1e29e_b.jpg
Views: 2299
Size:  299.0 KB

Last edited by yinako; March 26th, 2007 at 01:32 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,345 Times in 1,123 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Very surprised there's no comments yet, this is looking great (and hot ) maybe ask a mod to move this to the critique center since it's almost done, I think you'll get a better response there

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice job on the hair. It looks like you have a good control over soft and hard edges as well.

My sketchbook is here

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah tahts really great ( and hot ( had to)) i think if you cleaned up one of the edges you could pass it off as a halo effect and it would look alot better.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice rendering! I also would like to learn how to get into digital painting. I'm interested in what tuturials you used to get this far. Thanks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    not too sure it was tutorials, just experience Rune. anyway, this is a great rendering, but i have a problem with the head. it seems too big.. and cut off at the back, doesnt sit right on the neck.

maybe adding more hair back there for a fuller feel?? cant quite put my finger on it but it looks odd.

aside from that i think its awesome.. i LOVE the hands. great work, keep posting - JAG

it's only after you've lost everything, that you're free to do anything..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello,
    Was this done from imagination or did you use something as an example, like a picture or something. It looks great. She's fine

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Beautiful, I love the face, hands, and the colors are great. But something with the closest breast, my sense the nipple is pointing to far to the left. From the angle of the shoulders I would think it should be more right, sort of pointing straight out. Just a feeling.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    that's some nice stuff!!!

pld: NEED CRITIQUE! But BEWARE your Eyes might BLEED OUT of YOUR eye SOCKETS <---cause I really suck and haven't done shit pld:
    My Sketch Book!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i agree with Jag some thing about the head is appearing off , not sure if i can put a finger on it, the way it sitting , just not sure, alos perhaps soften the cheak a a bit to harsh with the shadow perhaps.

still nice rendering

j mac

nothing to lose so go for it

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face Pose extension

Hi ppl

I'm listening to what people are saying, right now I'm playing some more ideas. And Yes I copy from reference, remember I have no skill painting proportions by hand cause I'm still learning that. Of course I'll take it much better than the photos eventually...well I hope...LOL

And now heres an update:

I have been having fun doing these pose extensions. You extend your character with various poses, to try out at an early stage before painting. So here you see my figures upper body composited on to someone elses body behind it. Each one takes about 1-5 min to do, and its meant to be done on a small thumbnail size, so I could get the illusion of final piece. I scale rotate the upper body and past it into the photo i think it could work, and just erase, clone, paint and integrate the two. While doing these I do favor some particular composites, I try to give them same about of attention and detail.

At the end I lay them out in Bridge, and stand far away and squint my eyes and rate them. See which ones I like, and find the ones that could work. I judge these based on the pose that is working with the upper and lower half, and based on the actually pose that i like, and things that makes sense, like what the character is doing. In general if the character as a whole is very believable then that gets my vote, you can see my rating here below

Erotic woman WIP

http://yinako.wordpress.com/2007/04/01/pose-extension/

have a Vote guys!! which one do you like? :p

Last edited by yinako; April 1st, 2007 at 03:21 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like C, F and G the best. Good job!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Erotic woman WIP

It´s considered here impolite to trace references and not show the source ...

Fipse

Last edited by Fipse; April 2nd, 2007 at 12:16 PM.
    <Insert witty remark here>

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dear Yinako,

Could you please elaborate what you exactly did on this pic, that's YOUR work, except painting over it? When you're using a reference or a model, it's best to explain that in your story.

To me, this picture became fishy, cos i recognized some models:
    First, the picture you used to paintover, is a photo of Miss Eva Herzigova: Here's the photo.

Then the tests. I could only identify 2 of the photos directly, but i guess i don't believe that the other ones are your special creation.

Test B is boobwonder Jordan aka Katie Price: Photo is here.
    Test E comes from a series of photos of JLO: here's a photo from the series, though i couldn't find the exact same one when i quickly googled. The test photo is one of her pulling up the top.

Fipse helped me out and made an animated gif: linky here.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey,

I didn't say the other was my creation, I just said I composite them on top of the photo. Yes the original I painted using the photo reference, pretty much just the same as the reference! like I said I was learning about painting and I had to use a reference, and pretty much paint on top of it!

I dont usally come to this forum, so I dont know if its rude to use photo reference. as to what i did that my work? well I paint the colours, and I painted the actuall image, thats not a copy and past.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    As I said, it isn´t considered rude to use references here - I do it, too for my professional work, though not for my personal stuff. There´s a bit of difference if you´re tracing - and this pic looks traced and not just some references used.

If you´re doing stuff like this for study purposes, name the source or maybe put the original picture beside it. Otherwise people think this is your own creation and this behaviour is quite disliked here.

Btw tracing won´t help you at all in any case, try to work free from reference.

Fipse

<Insert witty remark here>

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I wanted too say that it's really well done, but i scrolled down and saw that you really traced the image. Looks great, but considering you traced it ... i think it's not such a hard word. Try using the ref properly, not tracing it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, i didn't say I traced it, I painted it by looking at a reference image.

Also some of you are too narrow minded about using reference, but I won't argue that since this place is more about design and concept place. My back ground is more to do with photographic.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.