art fundamentals course

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

art fundamentals course

im looking for an art fundamentals course.. want to work towards being a concept artist but i have no art background. which sch has the best program? or could you recommend some good programs?

its said that one should major in illustration for concept art but i don't like the look of illustration.. i prefer the fine arts..

Last edited by runaway; March 25th, 2007 at 10:26 AM.
    Searching the true meaning and purpose of life.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    One of the doods (I think it's a girl actually?) has a link to a concept drawing topic here on concept art. Maybe that would be something to try?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You can major in painting if you like, but you will have to have flexible profs who will let you focus on doing concept inspired work, or work on your own time.

What TYPE of concept art were you wanting to do? Maquettes, storyboarding, keyframes, matte painting, chara/prop/environment design, 3D modeling, etcetc! This will also help you find the right program.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You're right to want to start with traditional, fine art representational skills. If you have no background and want to build a portfolio, take a look at the July Learn to Draw program at Max the Mutt, www.maxthemutt.com.We are located in downtown Toronto. This program offers daily instructed life drawing in the AM and two weeks of Perspective and Structural drawing and two weeks of Principles of Drawing ( using still life to teach basic concepts) in the afternoons.

All our diploma programs share a first year that is devoted to developing these skills plus painting in oil, design and composition, and color theory and water based media. This is a very strong program. We are dedicated to keeping tuition affordable and, as an artist and animator run school, our main motivation is art - not money (which doesn't mean that we don 't aim to pay everyone a fair wage). Our classes are small and we care about every student. The industry has told us that one of the most impressive things about our graduate shows is the high standard of ALL graduates. Do I sound proud? You bet I am - but not complacent. We are constantly evaluating what we're doing to see how it could be done better. If you want to speak with someone, call 1-877-486-MUTT.Ask for me or Van Olson.

Last edited by Maxine Schacker; March 25th, 2007 at 02:42 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 4