EOW #50 The Architect's House

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

EOW#50The Architect's House

This one has a bit more brief than the last.

The architects House

The outside of the home is a two story shack sitting atop a huge curled up tree root, lopsided and shanty like, peiced together with scraps and such, but The inside of the small rundown shack is actually a huge 15 story mansion full of strange MC Esher like rooms that act as labyrinths. It is a nigthmare of a house.

The Architect was once a kind, humble man, who would put on magic shows for the children of the city, and play games with them in the labyrinths of his home, but now the children are starting to disappear and the people of the city suspect The Architect as the culprit. The Architect is currently in a deep sleep like coma induced by an exiled shade known as Xaodinat. He has been kidnapping children

I will except any medium. you can image, inside or outside views of the house. taking into consideration the character of the Architect and the Creepy surreal and mutable qualities of the house. original story concept by Paul Fassett as Part of "Adventures in Purgatory"
    Now... concept!

Due April 5

NO DESCRIPTION NESSISARY AS THIS HAS A FAIRLY INDEPTH BRIEF on the other hand if you choose to concept the bathroom or some undelineated section of the house thats fine but you might want to orient us with a short description

Ready! Set! Go!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by chaosrocks; March 25th, 2007 at 02:08 PM.
    To see the world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wildflower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

Sketch book

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...ight=chaos%27s

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ok this is finall i dident have time to try any other ideas lots of course work, please crit me

Desciption:"its finally done! admittantly its not how i planned but at least he's still alive. i followed his instructions perfictly except for the hosts, funny isn't the children that he once entertained are now giving him life, i too would have preffered to use the convicts he had suggested but i was running out of time! it had to be done!

its incredible really all his own creation it simply takes the life force from the few chosen but leaves just enough for them to sustain themselves, such a brilliant mind we were lucky it dident go to waste, all i have to do now is revive him when the cure is found... it could take years but im confident it will work.

disaster!!! a power cut caused the michien to fail breifly he's ok but we lost three of the children... im going to need more..." Xaodinat:

Last edited by AtlasIves; April 4th, 2007 at 01:09 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Okay, I'm in. I'll do the outside of the home, because I like big, curled-up tree roots, and an Escher-like interior maze just sounds scary (to draw, that is).
    I think Jacek Yerka will be my inspiration this time around. He's a Polish surrealist who creates these amazing hyper-detailed paintings. I giant, ramshackle shack on a big tree route would be right up his alley! Here's a sample that was the closest I could find to what I was going for.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jacek Yerka indeed is a good choice of inspiration for this! He was also the first artist that came to mind...

I'll definetely give this one a go, it sounds interesting.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    please clarify who's been snatching the kiddies -- the Architect or the Shade? The Archy is sleepy-bye, so I assume it's the Shade, but I want to make sure. either the "He" in the last sentence has an ambiguous antecedent, or i'm just stupid. prob'ly the latter

Continuity Break -- my sketchbook

Shameless plugs!
    Kata femme -- a 3D model WIP, now updated!
    The Giordano Gambit -- Barsoomian Zingball at its best!
    Valkyrie Ascending -- now updated with the second in a series!
    ArmaRagnaGeddonRock-yer-Yuga! -- celeztial shitz 'n' gigglez
    I . Miss . America -- "colored [eyes] may hypnotize..."

"In the end, Razputin, aren't we all just dogs playing poker?"
    -- Edgar Teglee

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think i'll enter this contest!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This sounds like so much fun. Darnit that my skills are inadequate to visualize my mental images.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So... is it just me being stupid, or do we really need to write a description? The one provided is pretty buttoned up already...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    no description needed

and masque darling my sweeet friend..it is intentionally ambiguous..... so as to be more creepy.

roxie

To see the world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wildflower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

Sketch book

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

She opened the door that would not open for the adults, stepped inside, and almost turned and ran back to the town. The strange and chilling expanse of the room drank the light, making it hard to see much, but she sensed the insanity of the place, and sensed also the regard of some evil presence. She wanted to run away, wanted very badly to run, but for the sake of her brother and the rest of the children, she knew she would not.

__________________________________________________ __

loosely base on Escher's Relativity, i'm treating this sort of as an illo for a YA mystery/horror novella. i think the gothic/noir quality of the B&W image helps the mystery -- what do you guys think?

also, i've has the devil's own time getting into most any thread lately, so this may have to suffice for my final if i'm "locked out" later on as well.

Last edited by masque; April 4th, 2007 at 12:42 AM.

Shameless plugs!

-- Edgar Teglee

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ooooh, Robmorfin! Yor really freakin' me out

I´m really excited about the results..... but i guess i wont take part this time, sorry...!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Vyse, my bad, I read too fast and skiped this part "shade known as Xaodinat. He has been kidnapping children", I thought the Architect invited the kids and then kidnapped them, it also freaked me out the first time I read it (reminded me of Neverland, CA).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lets see if I can do this one as well. I am on and off in these activities I know, but it's usually my confidence and inspiration in my work, that does that. But I need the practice. Last one was impressive I hope that the same caliber of people come back to do this theme! Where is Hideyoshi at anyways?

Last edited by Beelow; March 25th, 2007 at 01:14 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Chaos, thanks for posting this. Will be keeping my eye on this thread. Hopefully my concept for this will be done before the 5th. I'm sure it won't be on the sme level as what these guys can do but hey Good luck guys, can't wait to see what you do with this.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i searched for 'adventures in purgatory' and found this...

http://www.garagegames.com/mg/snapsh...w.php?qid=1040

is it related at all?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Arg the description keeps changing! Or did I not read it properly the first time?
    Anyway, Xaodinat sounds like an interesting addition to the piece.

Sorry, but since I am kinda new to conceptart, will somebody please clarify the rules regarding posting wips for critique in this and other threads/websites? Thanks!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the description has not changed.
    except thepart about not needing your own. you may post WIPs here or any where else.
    and Form...yes and no

chaos

Sketch book

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Im gunna try this sounds like it could be fun

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The outside of the home is a two story shack sitting atop a huge curled up tree root, lopsided and shanty like, peiced together with scraps and such, but The inside of the small rundown shack is actually a huge 15 story mansion full of strange MC Esher like rooms that act as labyrinths. It is a nigthmare of a house.

The Architect was once a kind, humble man, who would put on magic shows for the children of the city, and play games with them in the labyrinths of his home, but now the children are starting to disappear and the people of the city suspect The Architect as the culprit. The Architect is currently in a deep sleep like coma induced by an exiled shade known as Xaodinat. He has been kidnapping children

ummm........i dont get it do we have to draw it exactly as this description says?....and why does what the architecht do (kidnapp children) matter in all this?...i thought it was about the enviro not character. please clear this up for me chaosrocks ans clearly state the design brief of let me know if i can intepret it as i like please.

thanks alot.

sofa

Any fool can know. The point is to understand.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this is what i have so far, about 10 minutes work and once again the stress of a touchpad and not wacom is causing me early hair loss!...grrrr.

bur just to check is this all right?....is it set alright as a finished piece once i have finished it. or do i have to include a character or close up of house.. i dont get it plz help

update below!

as always, brutally beat me about the head with you crit stik.(but be nice too!)

Last edited by life on the sofa; March 30th, 2007 at 06:41 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well this one sounds kinda fun so im gona try to give it a go.

but what confuses me is. the thread title says eow #50 but the brief says #49. im soo confused.

never updated sketchbook

hopefully weekly updated blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's 50
    i forgot to change it.
    edit ...k fixed

the house intereior or exterior is your choice. the exterior has a more specific description. The interior has more scope for loose interpretation
    the character part is merely added as flavouring... people homes often reflect their lifestyles . you do not have to draw either of the characters. and you do not have to know why who ever is kidnapping the children is dooing it or how or why or if the architect actually sleeps....

so if you choose to do the exterior those specificallt stated elements need to be included.
    2 story shack
    pieced together
    huge treeroot

chaOS

Last edited by chaosrocks; March 25th, 2007 at 02:15 PM.

Sketch book

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    updated it, its kinda crap but to be honest this was too specific for me realy and i got bored with it. i might do a different version before deadline but ...hey ho i guess im at a low inspiration point grrrrrrrrr

sofa

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the only person to blame for lack of inspiration is sitting right there in fron t of your computer.... the brief is plenty open. YOu took the easy and litteral way... think outside the box. this si a multidimension spanning house, the inside is bigger than the outside. do an interior. or actually render the one youv'e got so its not all saturated colors and blurry edges.....
    either way.... should be a challenge. not boring.. and please stop whining

chaos

Sketch book

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ... hm... should be easier than most to at least begin to visualize, anyway, this kind of idea has been kicked around for a while... check out the last Harry Potter flick. Little tent becomes improbable Pavilion...

I'll bet no one can do the Exterior, Interior, Michael Jackson, Xaodi-whatever, the Architect and a Partridge in a Pear Tree all in the same image... that's right... no one...

That's a challenge, that is...

Chaos, you never cease to inspire...... or at the very least, kick someone's ass every now and then.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrick
    I'll bet no one can do the Exterior, Interior, Michael Jackson, Xaodi-whatever, the Architect and a Partridge in a Pear Tree all in the same image... that's right... no one...
    it was one of the goals of the Cubists, iirc, to depict all surfaces of a subject at the same time. maybe if someone could channel a little Picasso... ah, but i forget, "modern art" gets short shrift around here. too bad.

Shameless plugs!

-- Edgar Teglee

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrick

That's a challenge, that is...
    challenge....accepted =_=

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cool prompt. I'm in.

Drawing is fun.

www.mattkohr.com

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.