Alright! As the last challenges have shown, it's preety cool to challenge the use of photo tecniques. So here is this week's challenge:
1. Only one picture per contestant.
2. No previously used material. All photos must be fresh and never displayed on any gallery / thread.
3. The winner of the last poll will set the next topic; if the same person stands as the winner two times in a row, he or she must choose another user to present the next topic.
4. Enhancements of the picture ARE allowed in CHALLENGE B only.
5. No voting for your own picture.
6. The challenge starts thursday, poll opens tuesday and closes thursday. the winner starts a new post on the photo forum that is named "The Photo challenge - the chosen topic".
7. The poll shall be opened tuesday evening.
8. In the event of a tie in the polls, the person who created the challenge casts the tie breaking vote.
9. The winner has until 18:00/6:00 pm (GMT +2) thursday, after he or she has won to present the next topic, if the winner fails to do so. the topic will be presented by the 2nd place person on the poll
10. Please add a title to your picture
Examples of negative space:
1 - Minimalism
2 - Optical Ilusion
3 - People
Make the best of it!
Hugs and Hugses!
Onya gab, picking something you know and love
Youuuu, youuu need to post!
(ph3ar my j3di mind tricks )
awwww, 3 weeks ago i took a picture called "negative space". but since it wasn't taken for the challenge, i'll go and try to take another one. hopefully i'll find the time... great topic! always love the ones where we have to find a compositional principle or something like that. those have the biggest learning effect.
Oh I've got an idea! I hope I can pull it off the way I'm thinking
Alright, here goes:
Hope this qualifies, heres my entry.
Ah, the joys of colour temperature. I've always had a thing for white flames, and now I can see them in my own photos although if it can take down morbid's ridiculously sharp fishing buoy is to be discovered
Ooh, good choice for the challenge. I like minamalism/negative space .
-Towards the Light-
photography is my passion, digital art is my hobby, reading and drawing help me focus, music calms me
*and it was all yellow...*
this is the only thing i have that fits.
hi! Photos here are really great!
I am a freshman. I hope this fits...
great shot frozenwind, wtf are those things?
sharye, also a great shot, but i'd crop out that bright white at the top and bottom left corner, you can use the crop tool in PS, theres a cool button that says "front image", that'll lock it to the original aspect ratio, just my 2cents
I have to say I like the lights in Sharye's one, it brings a bit more tonal range in which is cool.
So How Do We Vote? I Like Tiefight's Dust.
just confused about the timeframe (as usual, I might add... I feel like there'S a spacetimehole where I live). The poll is said to start on thursdays, but as this was started on a saturday this gives me til tuesday 3rd of April to hand sth in...?
*stares at the crowd with blinking eyes on the verge of madness*
better late than never, sorry for my lack of posts of late, been busiy
So sexy, morbid!
A poll will be set up by Mr Gabriel as soon as he wants to, and we will vote on that
thanks, but the light is there on purpose because of the same thoughts as klips comment.
okie dokie, to each his/her own...
but just out of curiosity i cropped it, take a look and lemme know your thoughts:
I do actually like the original more, but I can see what you were aiming for and why you like it. Thanks for promoting good discussion
Hmm, I'd say it needs the light there - especially the bottom bit, without it your eye just follows the railings [with nothing to stop it] and runs out of the picture
Well, personally I'm with complete on this one... But yeah, each to his own. I can see pros to both ways
haha I come back and theres a discussion on my photo, way cool lol
But yeah, I see what you mean. Thanks for your input and the example.
And here here to each his own!
this is my entry (yay, managed to get one in for the first time...)
Lucky 100 in AM74, scanned the neg, cleaned the dust, selectively sharpened, curves... I mention it, because I can't find the challenge B atm, but as far as I know these processing steps did not actually count as manipulation?
Feel free to correct me on this.
I took a whole film with the thought of "negative space" in mind so I will post a few more shots in the course of the following days in my photo thread. Feel free to tear them apart...!
The image isn't working, Mr Mu.
Hmmm, I can see it now... but my provider had some maintenance going on last night, maybe it was gone then.
hrng, or do you mean it's not working on an artistic level...