question
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: question

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

question

i want to create concept art for games and stuff what major in college would this kind of thing fall under? Im under the impression that a lot concept artists use photoshop or other similar programs to color their drawings but i cant seem to find any colleges with any programs under the illustration majors that actually teach photoshop (or similar programs)coloring techniques in great detail..most of them are intro.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Art Center. Junior year at Ringling, bunch of other schools. Those are the two I can name right off the top of my head.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sequential Art degree at SCAD has a growing Concept Art subset headed by Paul Hudson.

However, being a great designer is the problem at hand, not the tool you work with.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Max the Mutt Animation School In Toronto teaches everything first by hand, and then by computer program. All diplomas include photoshop - and much more. Take a look at the website, www.maxthemutt.com. Our proposed curriculum for the new 4 year diploma in concept art which includes courses suggested by top concept artists that are innovative and based on the skill base they want entry level artists to have, will be posted very soon. You can reach us at admissions@maxthemutt.com, or 1-877-486-MUTT.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.