my big comic thread.
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: my big comic thread.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

my big comic thread.

Ok people! Thanks for looking already. This is my comic that I've been working on for a while. With any luck, I should be able to get a page up a week if I stay focused.

These are finished, not WIP. Will Eisner said that drawing sequential art rather than stand alone pictures was a much better way to practice. The plan is that hopefully over the course of the series, I'll have improved a lot, so the hole thing should show a lot of progression.

So... I'm not going to redraw anything, but I'll keep all crits in mind and try to make improvements in the next pages.

If theres anything minor i.e spelling mistakes, that's easy to change, so go ahead and point it out.

So, here's pages three and four. For anyone that's interested, the old pages are available here:

Page one: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=88697

Page two: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=90049

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First of all, kudos on the hard work! Honestly the way this is colored and the initial desgin doesn't exactly look finished to me.. it still looks pretty sketchy and the coloring for the man's skin tone looks pretty messy. It could use some smoothing out and I would suggest making your lines more defined. Also I don't think the text style matches the artwork, it doesn't have a very even feel to it. Anatomy could use some work too.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    looks nice .. you really need to do some anatomy study.The guys face looks unfinished,his mouth looks odd. Teeth don't follow the lips right around they curve into the mouth while the lips are pulled across the face.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the crits! I'll try and keep it all in mind for later.

I wasn't sure about the font either, at the time it was the most suitable one I found. Maybe I'll change it in the next chapter.

For the skintone, I guess I was just being lazy, trying to make it look weather beaten. At the time I liked it, but now you've pointed it out it does look a bit embarrasing.

I can't beleive I screwed up the teeth that badly either. Thanks for mentioning it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This has taken absolutely bloody ages.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.