Art: Andy Park Art- GOD OF WAR PSP and beyond- update August 2008- all in first page! - Page 6
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Andy!
    Good to see these stuff up here, man!
    I love those 2 creature sketches that I haven't seen before!! And it's great to see those robot designs finally.
    Hope everyone's well at Sony! Man... I miss that keema curry...

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for sharing I'm a very big fan of GOW and I'm patiently waiting for the third one!
    It's great to know who's behind this wonderful game!!!

I hope you'll post some more!!!

My Sketchbook [ACTUALLY UPDATED!]

I have 800 posts

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You worked on God of War? I ... LOVE ... you ...

Gorgeous stuff. Really inspiring. Thanks for sharing!!

Ray Dillon - Artist & Writer
    CLIENTS: Science Channel, R.L. Stine, Todd McFarlane, Marvel, DC, IDW, Archie, Topps, Upperdeck, WB.
    • Ridley Scott's "Prophets of Science Fiction" (Issac Asimov, George Lucas) + "Meteorite Men" (Science Channel)
    • Mars Attacks: Popeye / Transformers / Real Ghostbusters / KISS / Robots vs. Zombies (IDW)
    • Anne Rice "Servant of the Bones" (IDW)
    • Peter S. Beagle "The Last Unicorn" (IDW; NYT Best-Seller!)
    .COM | Blog | Sketch | FB | uTube | DA | TWITTER!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh, wow. Just realized you're the same Andy Park that did Tomb Raider. We chatted a bit a couple years before you got that gig, actually. Always loved your work. I was starting to wonder where you'd gone. This new painted stuff is such a different look for you. I love it. Congrats on all the success. I'll be keeping tabs on you.

Take care,

CLIENTS: Science Channel, R.L. Stine, Todd McFarlane, Marvel, DC, IDW, Archie, Topps, Upperdeck, WB.
    • Ridley Scott's "Prophets of Science Fiction" (Issac Asimov, George Lucas) + "Meteorite Men" (Science Channel)
    • Mars Attacks: Popeye / Transformers / Real Ghostbusters / KISS / Robots vs. Zombies (IDW)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nomad9026- Thanks so much! I really appreciate the kind words. GOW3 has been going really well. I wish we could show everyone what we've been doing but alas, we gotta wait to show you all. It's been a great experience and being that this is our studio's first game that is next gen. Everyone is doing an amazing job. Can't wait for everyone to see what we got in store. Yeah, I've done a ton of designs- mainly characters and creatures but also some environments. Thanks again!

banhatin- Yeah, I'll update my blog more often. I just updated it the other day. I'll try to update it more often. Thanks for looking!

Lotet- thanks!

Mr_Joshua- Thanks man! I'm glad you like them. With regards to the Craftsman robots, one of the things I was allowed to play with was the scale of the tools. They didn't all have to be to actual sizes as long as I wasn't doing anything extreme like making a hammer the size of the whole leg or something. And the short forearm was probably a result of the the tools I used more than anything else. But yeah, on looking at it again I should've lengthened or enlarged his forearm a bit more. Good eye! =>

Brehm- thanks!

JustinBeckett- Thanks man! I appreciate it!

beren120- I'm glad you think so. It'd suck if these were worse than my old posts. But yeah, I look at my GOW2 stuff now and don't like it as much as I did a year ago. I guess that's a good thing, right? Thanks!

3alola- Thanks!

JailHouseRock- Yeah, Sackboy Kratos was a blast to work on. Thanks!

Benjamen Christ- Thanks so much! I'm happy to hear that!

Rezeroth- Hey man, nice to see you here too. Thanks! And it was a pleasure being a judge for Dominance War. You did an awesome job!

Jorge Gecov- I'll definitely post more when I can. Thanks!

D@niel- Thanks!

ninjacat11- I had a lot of fun doing that Frazetta piece. I've always wanted to do a painting of the Death Dealer.

andrewkim- Hey dude! Thanks man! Yeah, you've probably seen most of these already, huh? Thing's are going well over at Sony. Come on by when you get a chance, k?

chuck18mp- Thanks so much!

Ray Dillon- Thanks man! I appreciate it. Just curious, where did we chat? Yeah, I pretty much disappeared after I stopped drawing comic books. Well, just disappeared from that industry. Thanks again!

Nomad9026 is offline Anything in the name of ART Level 1 Gladiator: Andabatae
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Damn, I want GOW3 to be released as soon as possible, not only cause I'am a fan of it but mostly cause it would mean you could frealy post your new amazing works. Anyway, hope you'll post something in near future, chears.

O_O CRAP! O_O

BlightedArt is offline That annoying itch you just can't seem to scratch Level 11 Gladiator: Essedarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,312 Times in 544 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyParkArt View Post
    Hey BlightedArt-

sorry I just saw your comment today. To answer your question, yeah, our concept team actually was kept busy throughout the entire production of God of War II. Of course we were busier in the beginning of the production but closer to the end there was still alot to do. I was fortunate to be able to do both characters as well as environment concepts so there were more environment needs later on. I also did a bunch of other things like color keys, UI designs, as well as marketing illustrations needed for the release of the game (ie. the demo game cover and such). Of course, we weren't as busy as the rest of the team near the end, but they did keep us busy. So basically, our crunch time was earlier in the production and the rest of the team crunched closer to the end of the project.
    Thanks very much for that Andy. The new update is cool. Never thought I'd say this but I can actually see that you've improved since the last update! Just goes to confirm that there really are no limits with art.

And also a belated congrats on your baby-girl.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    AMAZING!!! The collosus (sp) one is my favorite. Makes me even more excited to see what GOW3 is going to look like. Also very cute sackboy one!! (goes to fire up LBP and don the kratos costume)

Are you an Artist? Join a growing network of professionals like yourself at http://www.nativemotif.com/artist_signup.html
    Discover unique Handmade Jewelry, Fine Arts and Crafts by professional United States Artists at www.nativemotif.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ANDY....great stuff man..
    its always cool to look at your work....gives me the drive to practice more.
    hope to catch you at sony or CDA soon....missed you last time at lunch.
    ttyl

-james

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    pure awesomeness! how did u get the job working on this title? apart from people seeing your fantastic artwork lol

"I wont stop until I become a concept artist" - Tom - 12.11.2008 -

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks Andy, you have so many followers from Tomb Raider. That's awesome I am learning so much from you just watching you working...we will get this game done and it will be the best ever. Cheers,

Cecil

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your work is incredible i dont understand why this is rated 4 stars!! good job man id love to see more!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, It is great vibrant color and image I pursue of. Just great motion
    Thanks for giving me the opportunity to see your works.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love this game. ANDY your art is fuking good. hehe. I LOVE IT

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Andy,
    merry xmas and happy new year.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your work is badass. Happy Holidays Andy.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, wow, wow!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Breathtaking!!!! I really loved your work!!! Congratulations and thanks for sharing!!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nomad9026- me too man! That's the nature of the business. Can't show anything until it's released. And then by that time it's old artwork... ah well. Thanks, I appreciate the anticipation!

BlightedArt- That's the best compliment. The day that my art stops improving is the day I should just stop, you know? Thanks for the congrats! She's a cutie!

DigDougles- Yeah, that sackboy Kratos was fun to work on. I wish they would make a real doll of it. I'd totally buy one!

xchosun1x- Hey James! Thanks man! Yeah, let's definitely try lunch again.

LE0NHEART- I was in the right place at the right time. Back in 2005, I was able to show the Visual Development Director (Charlie Wen) my portfolio at a time when they happened to be looking for an artist. I guess he liked it enough to get me an interview with Sony and the rest is history.

einhender- Hey Cecil! Thanks man! It's been inspiring working with you for almost 4 years now.

Reject-D- I can't wait to show more, thanks!

matt0917- I appreciate the kind words!

MIKETAYLOR- Thanks so much!

CIRE- Eric! Thanks man! Love your new posts!

ManaBurn- thanks, thanks, thanks!

RicardoGuimaraes- Muchas gracias!

And Happy New Year to everyone else! I hope you all had a great holiday season. I know I did!

-Andy

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey all- I posted a response to the latest people and for some reason it didn't post, it said something like it needed to get approved or something. I didn't understand that so I'm writing my responses again....

Nomad9026- Me too! I hate NDAs, but oh well, that's the reality of these industries. Thanks so much!

BlightedArt- that's the greatest compliment! thanks! The day I stop improving is the day I should put down the pen, or pencil, or wacom pen => And thanks about the congrats! She's a cutie and life will never be the same!

DigDougles- Thanks! I had tons of fun working on the Sackboy Kratos. I wish they would sell that as a real doll. I'd buy that!

xchosun1x- Thanks James! Yeah, we gotta do lunch again soon, esp since I missed the last one!

LE0NHEART- I was at the right place at the right time. I met the visual development director, Charlie Wen, back in 2005 and he saw my portfolio. Luckily he seemed to like it enough to get me an interview at Sony.

einhender- Cecil! It's been great and truly inspiring working alongside you for almost 4 years. Your so talented and you're a machine! See you soon!

Reject-D- Thanks so much! I dunno, I guess I gotta work harder => I appreciate it!

matt0917- Thanks for the kind words!

MIKETAYLOR- Thanks!

CIRE- Eric! Thanks man! Happy New Years!

RicardoGuimaraes- Muchas Gracias!

Happy New Years everyone!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    tofu was good!
    can't wait to see your game informer illustration!

-jung

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    All I have to say is...

Holy shit~

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nomad9026- me too man! I can't wait. Thanks!

BlightedArt- Thanks, that's the greatest compliment! And thanks for the congrats. She's definitely a handful.

DigDougles- Thanks, i had fun doing the Sackboy Kratos concept. I wish they'd make a doll out of it. I'd buy it!

xchosun1x- Hey James! Yeah, let's do lunch again since I missed out last time.

LE0NHEART- right place right time. I was fortunate enough to be able to show my portfolio to the visual development director back in '05, Charlie Wen. I guess he liked it enough to get me an interview here at Sony.

einhender- Cecil- it's been great working with you for almost 4 years! Watching you work is inspiring indeed.

Reject-D- thanks so much. Hey, did you notice? I'm no longer a 4 star guy- yeah! Maybe I have you to thank for that. =>

matt0917- thanks so much!

MIKETAYLOR- thanks!

CIRE- thanks Eric! I hope you had a great holiday as well.

RicardoGuimaraes- thanks, I appreciate it!

jabraniho- tofu was good, but I paid the price for it => And me too! I can't wait!

TheBullion24K- Nice and concise! Thanks!

I hope everyone had a great holiday and is having fun back at work or school or whatever!

-Andy

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey there...i really love you man...what a fucking great art and inspiration you have in your work...plz post more soon

FUCK frustration...i'm comin baaaaaack
    my sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

BlightedArt- Thanks, that's the greatest compliment! And thanks for the congrats. She's definitely a handful.

DigDougles- Thanks, i had fun doing the Sackboy Kratos concept. I wish they'd make a doll out of it. I'd buy it!

LE0NHEART- right place right time. I was fortunate enough to be able to show my portfolio to the visual development director back in '05, Charlie Wen. I guess he liked it enough to get me an interview here at Sony.

einhender- Cecil- it's been great working with you for almost 4 years! Watching you work is inspiring indeed.

Reject-D- thanks so much. Hey, did you notice? I'm no longer a 4 star guy- yeah! Maybe I have you to thank for that. =>

MIKETAYLOR- thanks!

jabraniho- tofu was good, but I paid the price for it => And me too! I can't wait!

abr7man- thanks! I'll be posting new stuff soon- hopefully some GOWIII stuff.

-Andy

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

MIKETAYLOR- thanks!

abr7man- thanks! I'll be posting more stuff real soon...

-Andy

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

xchosun1x- Hey James! See ya at lunch tomorrow. =>

MIKETAYLOR- thanks!

abr7man- thanks! I'll be posting more stuff real soon...

-Andy

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, really, your stuff blew my mind off..

And I really like your Frazzetta homage

You inspire me for improving..

気計 - Quike
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.."

The Spaniard's Sketchbook... No holds barred

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, Andy. Uh ... I can't remember. Were you on Digital Webbing back then? Or maybe Top Cow's boards? My memory is terrible. Seems like I might have lettered something you did for small press or something. Gosh. Might have just been email. It was years ago.

By the way, you taught me (indirectly through your Tomb Raider art) how to draw guns.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

epic work!

you work is amazing, i cant wait to see the god of war 3 concepts
    im a huge fan, i even did your work for my art project last year in my GCSE's
    keep it up!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.