Art: Andy Park Art- GOD OF WAR PSP and beyond- update August 2008- all in first page! - Page 2
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Andy Park Art- GOD OF WAR PSP and beyond- update August 2008- all in first page!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    stunning work!!
    www.karenburt.com

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I wish I could steal your talent. Your art is incredible, and so is the game. Great work overall. You are truly and inspiration. Will you be working on God of War 3?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    These are stunning!

Welcome to CA.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    omg! you are my god of ca... haha
    really great work...

welcome

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice to meet you all! Thanks for all the responses. It's good to finally be a part of this community. Here's my responses to you guys thus far:

space-sprayer: Thanks for the nice comments, and yeah I'm working at Sony Santa Monica in California right now.

Oblio: Thanks for the welcome. You guys definitely make a person feel welcome. I'll bug the other guys to post their work.

leonardob: Yeah, I'm a fan of the game myself. I didn't work on the first one so I was really excited to be able to work on the sequel. It's definitely a fun game to play. The battle scene with Mars? Oh, I think it's the Barbarian Kind on top of his horse, right? Thanks, I had tons of fun doing those 2 images. Yeah, X-Men was great- a childhood dream to work on that.

Bruce Pluto: Thanks! Yeah, Tomb Raider was in essence the beginning of my career. I have the fondest memories drawing that comic book. It was definitely a wild ride. I'm glad you liked it!

ICH: Thanks so much for the kind words! Yeah, the 2 throne room paintings were definitely fun and challenging to come up with.

Unbreakable: Thanks! Yeah, play the game!

N D Hill: Yeah, I was so happy they did a God of War 2 Artbook. Brady Games (publisher of the book) did an amazing job. And so did the rest of the art team on the game. I was so lucky to work with so many talented folks at Sony. Thanks!

vigostar: Thanks! I actually don't do any 3D. I'm learning but I'm still strictly a 2D artist. Yeah, it's rare to find someone that can do both at a great level. Hopefully, I can get there one day...

pogonip: Thanks!

Lone Wolf: Thanks man! Nice to see people remember my previous work. Tomb Raider was fun and very good to me.

Titan: Thanks! I pretty much do everything using Photoshop now. I used to be more of a Painter guy, but for production purposes, I found it easier for me to use Photoshop. I will still use Painter here and there, but not as much anymore. I wanna check out Painter X. A piece can take a day or two, but being that these are concepts that need approval and adjustments, it will go back and forth for many days. It's just the nature of the job. Change this, adjust that, Take that out, add this element in there, etc. It's really up to the director (at least at our studio) what he wants changed.

Dougbot: Thanks so much! It definitely was a challenge working there. We're always walking that thin line trying to push the concepts to a fantastic level, but not too far as to go into a fantasy realm, trying to stay in the "Greek" and "mythologic" realm. It's a challenging balance to maintain. I hope I did it justice.

Chermilla: Thanks alot!

novenus: Thanks! I appreciate the critique. You know, you may be right. I've stared at that image for so long that I'm pretty much blind to it now. So you very well may (and probably are) be right. The only lame defense I can offer is that Kratos' proportions are exagerrated from a real human (ie. his legs are way longer than an average man). But again, you're probably right. =>

Rabid Peanut: Thanks for your honesty. I'm glad you at least liked 2 of them. Better than none, huh? => Yeah, these concepts can get dark or covered to a point where you can't read the entire anatomy and such. But these are really the concepts that sell the character to the director. And once these get approved, we end up doing detailed turnarounds that help the 3D modelers with all the proportions, anatomy, and such. I primarily use Photoshop. Sometimes Painter, but very rarely these days. Thanks again!

TheGnoll: Thanks a lot! I definitely will keep on sharing!

Wasker: Thanks for the honesty. Yeah, that's one of my favs too. This character was approved and was ready to be modeled out. But then later, they reevaluated it and thought that it wasn't "Greek" enough. That's a common thing all of us would hear. So I had to "Greekify" it. I don't like the final version as much. Oh well, that's how it goes too often.

adam278: Yeah, I know not everyone likes the color choices. I definitely kept that saturated feel for all of these. I do have some pencil drawings, but not alot, b/c 99% of the times now I go straight into Photoshop.

Thujon: Thanks so much! I appreciate it!

P.J.Irwin: Nice! Simple, concise, and creative words! thanks!

Stark: No yielding please => Yeah, I love seeing concept art for a game too. It's just too bad that there aren't more artbooks showcasing the concepts. That's why we were so happy they did one for our game. Thanks man!

Red/White/Black: Thanks- those 2 were really fun to do.

Sarcophagus: The first 2 creatures in this post were approved and one of them was even modeled and animated... and then they got the ax. It's just the nature of the business. They wanted to fit them in the game, but b/c of limitations and constraints, they couldn't fit them. But hopefully they'll show up for the next one.

VegasMike: Thanks! I'll bug the other guys to post.

shadoman: Thanks! I definitely will!

theredshoe: Thanks! Yeah, I disappeared for awhile there, huh? I love comics still, but I've been wanting to move to concepts for awhile. So here I am. =>

bRyaN: Thanks so much! I appreciate the support through the years. Wow, you even remember my extreme days, huh? That seemed like ages ago. Thanks for the welcome!

designboot: Thanks alot!

velinov: Thanks man! I'm glad the surprise was a pleasant one. =>

karenburt: Thanks!

StayTrue: No stealing => thanks! Yup, God of War 3. It's gonna be fun!

tar: Thanks for the welcome!

Haxxxor: Thanks dude!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    man...love the art. I just got back from buying the game. The first level is absolutely insane. Must've been a amazing experience designing for it.

My Sketchbook :: Phantasmagoria
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Illustration Portfolio :: jasonsnair.carbonmade.com
    Design Portfolio :: jasonsnairdesign.carbonmade.com
    My Blog -- Feed Me Toast!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    awesome work man...i love it

so much detail. congrats on working on a great game!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Huge fan of GoW, it had awesome settings and creatures and it looks that this won't change for the sequel after seeing your work.
    Amazing stuff.

===Check out my sketchbook here.===

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    absolutely fantastic work you've done! I would like to see some stuff not related to the game if thats possible.

please post more!

Blah...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    okay that large grunt variant is JUST FUCKIN SICK!!!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool,
    I was a big fan of your Lara Croft (the pencils were great, but the final product wasn't so good unfortunately... )
    And I'm a huge GoW fan, so I'm happy to discover that you are working on GoW 2! And with a good result I have to say!
    I love both the creatures and the environments, great work!

Never Spoil a Good Story with the Truth
    Visit my Blog @ Ramielarium BLOG Or my portfolio here RAMIELARIUM

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome stuff, i love it.
    Can't wait to play God of War 2.
    I'm going to buy it!!!

Sketchbook:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=80575

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the response Andy, and Now that you mention how orthos and turnarounds are done afterwards I can see less problems with your style, because even though some things maybe didn't come across from an anatomical sense, all of them immersed a sense of character, story, and feeling! You sold me for the game but I won't purchase it until my senior year is over because I just won't get enough artwork done with the distractions of awsome levels...I hope to one day work along side you and others, you are truly and astounding inspiration!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dude thats fantastic

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Gah, I keep having to come back and look. It's a really cool thing that you posted here because just after playing the game and watching the bonus discs I saw all the art and said "That is what I want to do" and started drawing more and doing some research online. It lead me right to this place and soon to this thread.

Now after playing the game I noticed the Coterus, Chimera, Grunt Variant and even alot of the other artist's designs did not make it in. These would be fantastic in the next game and while I know it isn't up to you, Sony Entertainment would be crazy not to include them.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Congratulations, this is my favorite game (together with Prince of Persia trilogy).

In Brazil the GOD and GOD2 have maaaaany fans of game and history !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Niiiiice! I can't wait for this game (Europe april 13), since the first one is one of my absolute all-time fav games! Those are some really cool pictures, and everybody say this game's gonna be even more awesome than that first, so...
    *drooling*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Amazing.....
    Awesome art!
    and great job making it come to life!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello again. Here's some more responses to you guys:

Jason Snair: thanks! Yeah, it definitely was fun designing characters and environments for the game. It's a great world for a concept artist to play in.

dkounios: thanks!

Spezz: I appreciate it! Now go play the game

Chrisbo: I will definitely post non-God of War work soon also. Thanks for the request!

BradWhitlam: Thanks dude! He was fun to work on, but of course, at the end we had to change his design to be more Greek- ug! But, I like this one better.

ramiel: Thanks, Tomb Raider was really a great time for me. It is quite different seeing pencils vs. the final product, huh? But, my inker and colorist did do a great job. I'm glad you found me

Jorge Gecov: Thanks! Yeah, go buy it now! I'm playing right now and am having a blast!

Rabid Peanut: Yeah, at our studio, it's all about selling it to the director. And he really wants to feel the character- the personality, essence, etc. It's a challenge. But it's fun. Yeah, maybe we will work together one day. Thanks!

koppa: Thanks!

StayTrue: I'm glad you keep coming back! That's the best compliment! Yeah, it does stink that so many characters couldn't be put into the game, but that's just the way it is. They can't fit in everything they intended to in the beginning. We'll see if we see them in the future.

mcunha98: Thanks for the congrats from Brazil!

Ragathol: Thanks- I hope you enjoy the game!

spencer: Thanks alot!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I hate you. I quit.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Truly amazing images...including works on your site.
    Top notch across the board!

"Vision without action is a fantasy...action without vision is a nightmare." japanese proverb

MY PORTFOLIO

MY BLOG

FACEBOOK

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looks like Andy discovered the internet
    Well, great job, what I already said at CGTalk - and I still wonder if your guestbook is working meanwhile - haha!
    Don't stop refreshing our eyes with those dynamic artworks, please.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    awesome work man.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 417 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Dude...this stuff is awesome. I wasnt really thinking about getting this game, but this has changed my mind.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dope work! REally dig the energy and looseness of 'coterus'. Remindes me that not everything needs to be rendered to death. Tricky balance.
    -J-

Official website-
    www.JasonFelix.com
    Jason Felix's Blog-
    Monstergalleria.blogspot.com

Maestro Andres is offline It's just a nickname, still too far from being one... Level 7 Gladiator: Samnite
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Damn man, amazing work. I just recognize you from the last throne room painting. After seeing that, I remember it was you the one holding it in the Bonus DVD explaining it. Who could have guess, I would find you here. Nevertheless, it was a great idea you did that DVD for such an awesome game (already beat GoW2). Thanks a lot for sharing these and keep them coming.

SKETCHBOOK SUPPORTGROUP #48
    Maestro Andres | CouchPotato | Mono2k5 | Sawa | 0shade0

"The aim of figure drawing is never to copy the model but to analyze it." - sfa

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    man i was a fan of your work ever since top cow and tomb raider days, no one made lara as good as u, lol your work is the main reason why im hassling rob to send me the damn compendium, dunno if u know but probably yes, tc, has published tomb raider compendium, and its a sweet pile of park lara, and if it aint park Lara, it aint lara in my book, so bein a fan and all u can imagine my surprise when i realised that u were on god of war 2 and are a frickin photoshop master too

well all i can say all the respects from me mate, this is top notch stuff

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Incredible staff !!!
    wow. realy nice work
    --- I love your horse structures picture. --- number one ---

my sketchbook

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.