Page 6 of 90 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 56 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Your acryl pictures are crazy good! Awesome consistency. And very nice colour and improvement in the update!

Keep this up mate. Your skills are kick-as!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,286 Times in 468 Posts
    LadyHydralisk - Thank you! Makes me very glad to inspire.

InvertedChalupa - Thanks! I hope I will continue to surprise!

joaKimArt - Thank you! Glad you dig what I did to the horse... I spent way more time on that than I meant to, but I'm pleased with the improvement.

So, here's another crappy photograph of my mostest recent pic. A LOT of glare off the surface, and it doesn't read well, but I don't have time to get the photo right. I'm really starting to panic at the time now... Tomorrow, I have to order my frames and I'll have to order them for paintings that I haven't even begun. I don't like skirting quite this close to the wire.

"BEJEWELED" : Airbrushed Acrylic on board : 2o"x3o"
    Wm.B.Hand • SHARPIE CREATURES!! -- (Apr.16th)

DETAIL
    Last edited by William b. Hand; November 29th, 2007 at 03:04 AM.

Thanks
    Hi, Will. don't panic. you are doing great... I love four of your new ones I didn't comment yet... I will comment later today... but the last one and the horse and the loud birds and the mother and child are beautiful... walk in the park a little, breath and them renew the painting .
    yeah last one is charming... has my nose .

Thanks
    Hey great stuff! I'm glad I checked it out! Esp dug the Figurehead and Demons. Please keep posting.

Thanks
    Hello, Will... hope you are feeling better, calmer... don't worry so much, you already have some of the pieces to admire.
    You are feeling nervous and I kind of catch this nervousness from you a bit...
    I will criticize you slightly and please don't take it seriously... listen what your own taste and instincts tell you... you have enough of a good taste for two people... you should trust your feeling I think...Don't think about commercial success when you paint either, IMO. Think about approaching closer to your own vision... people who look at your paintings will feel your unique soul and personality and this will be the most important thing for them... this and how much common they have in their life experience with you... or how much they are open to experience something new.

I think you should paint more women faces... every piece where you painted a girl is especially charming. There is a mystery and magic in their faces. I think you look at women like at totally different creatures with different bloodflow... against the normal currents.
    They look surreal, unapproachable, attractive and always at distance in the same time... like a dream.. If you attempt to hug a woman like this she will melt like a cloud in your earthy arms. I think their voices are sharp and non human... half alarming, half attractive... not sure if they are pleasant... maybe not... but curiosity provoking for sure.
    I'm talking about your last painting especially.... you know you with your paintings are weaving a whole new world, and it is different but very organic. it is weird world... but poetic... time is flowing slow in your world and stopping sometimes. And that's OK... creatures inhabiting your world are a little insane. They don't feel time... Maybe your manner to paint creates this feeling together with face expressions and body language... a little fog in human mind... nothing definite... slightly myopic vision.

A bird woman like this belongs to your magic valley lawfully... I should encounter her if I ever will step there.
    I love her face and deep glance. I like that she has this small mustache on her upper lip ( tad too deep dark shadow actually, but I hope you will let this stay.. it makes her look so independent from standard canons of beauty.)
    I like everything about this piece...even the unexpected blue beads on her chest and slightly awkward feet... it makes the piece raw...I love it.
    You said it is a glare from light?...looks lovely though... this amber glowing... Wonderful piece... hypnotic.

Second favorite ... the horse after the changes... I like the delicate transition of colors and the light tender sadness in the painting... this sad eye... very touching. The horse is much more vulnerable than this woman bird... you can't disturb her, she knows everything about you before head, she is wise and stronger... but the horse is already wounded and it is crying.
    I love the midnight silent feeling and the moon in the corner... I love the painting... somehow I wish to see the rest: its feet folded under its body... tiredness and tolerance in the pose...

This painting is lacking lovely simplicity of the Woman bird... but it is very talking nevertheless IMO.

Loud birds... do you use trains a lot? I used too... living in Moscow... that's what this painting reminds me very vividly. Train station... untidy, chaotic, a bit ugly, impatient, heart wreaking with permanent vanity place. I look at those faces and don't know... should I just close my eyes and tolerate or start hitting the first face near which I stand. They all look like enemies, torturing my nerves.

I never hit any faces,,, it is impossible thing to do... but faces in this painting will be sure a physical pleasure to hit.
    Crits:
    Your use of color... this orange look not specific enough in my opinion for the scene, you know... I'm not sure of monochrome either in this piece... all birds are different,,, they are all very bright circus freak like personalities..which you love to hate... I would love to see a color explosion on this piece... strong, attention demanding, obnoxious colors.
    Good depth in this piece, good association with a train or bus depot and good feeling of claustrophobia and solitude in crowd.
    I like the composition as well...

The mother and child... I like the unusual poses... it is a strange, disturbing and stressful piece for me... but I like to look and recognize the placement of those two in relationship to each other in space... I love this turned up chin of the mother and hairless forehead of the child... a lot of pain in this one.
    I love the foreshortening of the arm... actually I love all foreshortenings in this painting..
    the image gives me a strange mix of feelings: I think "Flesh", "Meat" about those people, sort of rude, rough feeling... and in the same time I think " Love", "suffering", "tears". "Fate", " grief", " tenderness", "sacrifice"...
    You know there is so much sadness in your later pieces... How are you, my friend? some sadness is light... some is pretty painful. Hope you have someone to say that you feel sad today.

Critique, unfortunately... yes... this strong painting is not perfect IMO, unfortunately:
    First of all: BG is a focal point... very strong one... you did it with much sharper outlines and details than foreground... my eyes are led to the back with them... that's not good. I should stare at those pain inducing limbs and bodies...
    second... compostion is not very smooth... maye it is a good thing in this image, it should disturb me,,, throw me off balance... but maybe not... a bit too much for me...
    Mainly I think that weight is distributing unevenly in the painting.. and it feels like it will not stand like this and fall apart, you know... maybe it is because the weight of child id concentrated on one side ... looks like she doesn't have steady pose or support to hold him like this... Maybe I'm wrong...

Woman in gear... I like the sly, cruel expression of her face and I kind of like and kind of dislike that it is much more blurry than the rest of the painting... faces are focal point if you want it or not and when you make it harder to look at them and try to lead my interested eyes away from them.. I feel violated in my right.
    I like this in the same time... because it makes her look even more leading, cunning.
    I like her body language with this squeezing motion., like she presses water from her hair... I like that her hair look like the minced meat when it just comes from a meat grinder... it's disturbing and makes this character even more evil.

"BIRTH" Great title and very much suited. I like his eyes welled with tears.. . of wonder or recent pain... Like his step and feeling of not our life event you know...
    The reddish BG makes me think about other hot planet... but in general I wish it was some other color... on another hand I like something in it... life is vivid in this painting. colors are active.
    I kind of wish you filled more of the bottom of the page. I wish he stepped from the derbies of something in which he lived all this time... that he stepped from something into something... but it is no a big deal... title added so much to this piece. IMO.

"VERDANT MEDUSA" I like it the less... but only becasue the placement of the face... I wish it was more symmetrical from both sides of the canvas. I'm making a mental effort against my will to move it to the spot where I wish it was... and that struggle steals from a pleasure to observe the piece.

You know I probably made a lot of grammar mistakes and maybe you will have a problem to understand what I'm saying here... but I will correct them tomorrow...
    Hope you are feeling better...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sve For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    jesus christ sve...lol.
    Really nice work William. You have a very unique style, its incredible. I love your ideas there really cool. Im curious to see you attempt an environment. Great work. keep posting! ill be watching.

Thanks
    great great great stuff! (really)

Thanks
    You're a machine! A beef ramen devouring machine!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,406 Times in 562 Posts
    absolutely awesome stuff. I loved it all, it's very inspirational. I just wanted to say thanks for putting it up on your sketchbook so we can all see it.
    "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Check out my Sketchbook! Critique and Criticism welcomed.

or my Artstation

Or my stream on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/wwsketch

Thanks
    wow.. the last one's r my fav after typist and demon portrait. looking forward to see more

Thanks
    sve - My goodness. I will return to you later...

dsg - Thank you! Mmmm... environments... yeah... In small bits they are creeping into my works. It used to be that my subjects didn't inhabit any space at all. These little hints of world will one day expand.

lennon - Thank you!

Idiot Apathy - Thanks dude! Working as hard as I can make myself. No Ramen today... Got a coupluv nickels to rub together, so tonight I lavished myself with Thai food and inexpensive champagne. It were good.

ArtZealot - Thanks so much, man. You're welcome.

killermachine - Thank you thank you. More on the way (I need several more to fill out the show).

So, I just could not get a good photo of this... It looks much better in person, I think, but you should be able to decipher the important bits. I've included the original sketch that I was looking at, since it's such a rare thing for me to do any art in steps. Very satisfying, though...

Thanks again everyone... Really good to hear.

"GLOW-CAT RESCUE" (working title) : Airbrushed Acrylic on Board : 2o"x3o"

DETAIL 1

DETAIL 2

ORIGINAL CARTOON from a few years ago
    Last edited by William b. Hand; November 27th, 2007 at 04:35 AM.

Thanks
    Sounds like a feast dude!
    I am seriously in love with this last one!
    <_<
    >_>
    How much you selling these for anyways?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,321 Times in 907 Posts
    wow, last ones reallly awesome! theyre all pretty awesome tho
    'If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems.And that's a big mistake.'
    www.DaveRapoza.com - Step by Steps, Videos, PSD Downloads, and tons of other crap
    SketchBook
    My Twitter Account
    Schoolism Alien Video Tutorial!
    -HAHAHA B.B.F.F. Forever...-

Thanks
    Idiot Apathy - Glad you feel so strongly about it! I'm quite fond of it myself, and might not actually put a price-tag on this one. I haven't begun to consider prices for the pics, but the prices in the first show ranged from $XXX up to $XXXX, so that should give you a notion. I reckon these'll be comparable. I should mention that limited edition signed prints will be available in the $XXX range. Perhaps you will want one of these, yes?

[ EDITED: It's no longer prudent to post those numbers. -Wm. ]

Mr.Delicious - Thanks man!

Sveta - I promise I will articulate something for you tomorrow!

Here's another bad photo of a good painting. This looks so much better in person, but blah blah blah.
    I wrestle with the fact that there're no other details or weirdnesses going on in it, but I'm convinced i'd ruin what's already good about it and time is too short to ruin anything. Incidentally, Mnemosyne (pronounced "nee'-muh-seen") was the Greek goddess of memory, and the mother of the Muses.

(Down the road, I suspect I'll be compelled to also paint her sister, Ms. Lesmosyne. She was the goddess of forgetting, which makes an uncomfortably enormous amount of sense if you know me.)

"MS. MNEMOSYNE" : Airbrushed Acrylic on board : 2o"x3o"
    Last edited by William b. Hand; December 24th, 2007 at 01:11 AM.

Thanks
    Will. I don't need you to say anything. I saw you were in a very calm, peaceful mood and that's good enough for me . I'm not looking to stroke my ego .
    I can't sleep and I can't write right now... tired and have an headache and my work of three hours was erased by accident...so... I'm just meditating now.
    Lovely two paintings... I will write my crazy stream of consciousness later. OK? I prefer it like this anyway...after time of thinking about it... You are doing great.

P.S.
    I love it... kiss her for me . This little shell ear is especially charming.

How I love old masters' calm manner to tell the story... so it is especially nice when looking at your muse.
    Last edited by sve; November 29th, 2007 at 03:58 AM.

Page 6 of 90 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 56 ... LastLast