Page 41 of 90 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,286 Times in 468 Posts
    TheGnoll - Thank you! I've got quite a few paintings that've been on the backburners, but here are some small things that will either distress or delight you. Yeah, I was a bit sloppy with the cow thing. About my digi-paints not having the clearly considered form as my drawings (i think that's what you mean) -- yeah, these paints have no drawing underneath... that might be the problem. I need to experiment maybe with blending the two approaches, I'm sure. Lemme know if I start rectifying that issue in my digipaints, or if it just continues, though... certain things can become invisible to my eyeball.

DanielC - Aw, shucks -- thank you.

Jesus Food - Thank yew, kindly.

Iridyse - You think?? Thank you so much! I had you in mind 100% when I launched into each of those, so I guess inspiration did a full circle, there. Srsly. I will happily do mhore, and can give you a shoulder tap when I do, if you like. About the shadow -- Yeah, you're right about that. It's really a mess. I'll start paying closer attention to shadows this year, you watch.

Noukah - Thanks! Ya know... I went through your whole sb this morning (I'll comment on another day!), and -- from what I can see -- your imagination muscles are already bulging. I suspect you'll easily meet, and probably surpass, whatever creative plane I dwell upon. Your explorations of integrated animal types and playful variations on a theme are really excellent, and you will only get better at all of that... Your use of action and thoughtful, meaningful composition are probably beyond what I currently do... Your enviro noodling is great. You've got a desire to really dig into the why's and wherefore's of stuff, while keeping channels open to the whoknowswhy's and where'dthatcomefrom's. I'm just wicked old, so I've had more time to doodle, is all.

Snow Lion - Thank you! I'm a deep sucker for texture messin', so I'm glad when someone appreciates that stuff (even if i'm ignoring other importants, haha). Thanks again!

Okay, well, I was pretty busy this afternoon/evening. I'm hurtin' for money and decided I would try to come up with a mess of airbrushed bits to try and sell cheap on ebay or at a local joint, maybe. Since the idea is to crank out as many as possible, as fast as possible, I'm shamelessly running full-speed-ahead with the Cute Weird Girl portraits in monochrome.

I probably worked on these (and a few others not shown here) for about 5 or 6 hours. I'll be going back into most of them with white paint for what should be some interesting spot highlighting, and hopefully I won't ruin them all. The only reason I stopped was to give my arms and wrists a much-needed break. Prevention being, as it is, the best physical therapy.

I know these'll be too saccharine for some people... Sorry about that. I love 'em.

Airbrushed Acrylics on paper, all -- (no ref, w.i.p's):
    Last edited by William b. Hand; December 18th, 2009 at 12:04 AM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to William b. Hand For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 655 Posts
    Interesting update. I've never seen airbrush 'sketches' before. Great stuff.
    Funny how much air brush looks like digital paint, or I guess it's the other way around since air brush came first.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HunterKiller_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    that looks like a cool idea man, hope it works out!
    i really like some of these (and to me you're still one of the few people that manage to make airbrushing look fun and easy), and a few would even look cooler with the highlights added.
    Glad you managed to understand what i was trying to say in the previous post, its exactly what i meant.

all the best Will, always a pleasure to stop by!

ciao

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGnoll For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    HunterKiller_ - Thank you. Really? -- Those look digital to you??

TheGnoll - Thnx... Yeah, I don't think it's working out, though. Going back into them didn't really improve them in the speedy way I was hoping for, necessitating deeper efforts which may ultimately make the whole batch less of a quick fix. I'll post any that survive, of course.

t11 - Unexpected, huh? I never know what people are expecting, though... I'm glad you like them, though. Juxtapositiony beauty & beast type things are a good idea. Might do something more focused like that... Thank you very much for the thoughts and kind words!

Here're some recent coffee house sketch moments...

Thanks
    Just a quick, no-ref, sketch after re-calibrating my old crt. I can tell it's still off, but maybe not by so much, and probably in the opposite direction -- so this might be slightly too dark now, but I think better too dark than too light.

Little bit by little bit I can feel anatomical studies creeping into my brain.

Thanks
    awesome stuff WBH! really awesome style you have

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Denzo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    hope you had some happy holidays Will, and best wishes for the new year!

looks like i missed an update...
    those enviroment thumbs look like something new in here! love the upper right one and would be cool to see more.The flying thingh-with mask looks very nice (and you've got a cool handwriting!)

The latest cow thing looks like you started blending your digital and trad technique, wich is great (dunno about too dark better than too like tho, the black kinda has a "burned" effect, which might be because of a high contrast setting or something)
    lookin forward to seeing more!

ciao!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGnoll For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    your works are awesome! I just looked at last few pages and you're amazing!!! I'll certainly browse some more whenever I can and subscribe you for future updates of yours!

You're quite talented and the forms and the *squeaaaak* clean, neat lines... I'm right.. I still have a looooooooong way to go... *sighs*

Anyways, I love your creatures and wow that sexy female is sexy indeed! The aliens? Wow! The details.. and traditional approach to them.. geez you're quite pushing art to the whole new meaning. So good you are!
    Visit my "My Mind's Depth To Beyond" Sketchbook! ~ Full of goodies! Indeed!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Dm7 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,585 Times in 604 Posts
    Aaah, very creepy, and always a delight

Thanks for being around & for such wonderful enrapturing art, lots of love and happy new year.

Dan.
    SB. p31 updated 25.04.2012.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to dan liimatta For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Denzo - Thank you!

TheGnoll - Thanks! Happy Festivus to you! And thank you about the other stuffs... As far as it looking burned -- pfft It's just because that's how I painted it and my monitor is still off, just in the other direction. I'm hoping that when I finally get proper equipment (someday), I'll be able to be far more serious with my digi-paints, and far better in terms of you guys seeing what I'm seeing. Some images can really be ruined by levels that are off, and I think it's especially true for the way I work. Oh well, for now. Glad you like my horse cow thing... I'm actually bothered by a bunch of things about it now, so maybe I'll do some update on that.

Dm7 - Well, thank you very much! If you peruse more pages, I hope you find more unexpected things! I dunno about "pushing art to the whole new meaning", but that's an awfully kind thing to say.

dan liimatta - Glad to still be around, Dan! Right back at'chya. Thanks bunches and Happy Etc's to you!

I'm actually celebrating Xmas with my family tomorrow (!), and this is a small painting I made for my dad. It was supposed to be a more standard image of a triceratops, but I kept fucking up the anatomy and also had compositional problems, and ended up surrounding him with biological madness just to make sure it got done.

Since it's on canvasboard, and I'd already gloss-coated it, these crappy photos look better than my crappy scans. You get the gist of it, though. Okay, onto more gift-making frenzy...

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to William b. Hand For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,016 Times in 917 Posts
    Really dig the updates man very inspring the paintings are ace
    best wishes to ya
    have a good one
    -Jamie

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamie Romoser For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I've missed a good bit of work since my last visit. Your pen sketches always amaze me, the final image in post 606 is my favorite by far!

Hope the new year is treating you well, keep up the great work!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to AustenFM For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Aww that stocky horse creature is adorable! I also like that coffeehouse doodle next to the written text, are you planning on working on it more? You have a really nice delicate handwriting too

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Iridyse For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,585 Times in 604 Posts
    weird anatomy is in this case full of lots of win - very nice colours in the beautiful appandages/flower like heads and Carapace in the back

Dan
    SB. p31 updated 25.04.2012.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to dan liimatta For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I get the feeling that you live in a castle. Your creaturedesigns = the good stuff.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Andreassen For This Useful Post:

Page 41 of 90 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast