Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1338
    Thanks
    Solid unusual and interesting. this whole sketchbook is really cool and diverse.
    Peace,
    Sean

Website

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sean McMurchy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,286 Times in 468 Posts
    AustenFM - Thanks buddy! Maybe the watercolour pencils won't ultimately be of real interest to you to use, but if they are... Why wait? *prods

Sean McMurchy - Thank you!

Added a bit of photoshopped colour to this guy.

5. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to William b. Hand For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    awesome works
    keep posting
    5 stars for you

7. The Following User Says Thank You to AndreySimeonov For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Just updating myself on your work, those shark head variations are wonderful. I love the tiny forms you build around the eyes. And the spiny tongue one, genius. I want to eat a mango with that tongue.
    SketchBook Chris Yoakum?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MonkeYoakum For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    you are the Master !plz accept my worship(╯﹏╰)
    Wonderful design!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to focus_light For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    man i didn't realize just how much i missed your stuff. the flatheaded crocodile-thingy is probably my favourite, it looks like it could waltz right off the page.
    Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Carnifex For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,453 Times in 823 Posts
    Seriously impressive SB! Blown my mind!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to GEB For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    man those sharks are good and the recent watercolor creatures are just amazing!
    when you get to hell, tell them I sent you - you`ll get a group discount

My Sketchbook

kischisart.com
    available for freelance

17. The Following User Says Thank You to kischi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks guys! GF is coming back from airport in a minute and I gotta clean up quick, so I'll comment back later.

Something a bit more with that same little doodle. Dunno if this'll go any further, but I'll call it a W.I.P. anyways.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to William b. Hand For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,858 Times in 2,094 Posts
    holy crap man!!! these watercolor sketches are amazing. i hate to even call them sketches, they are too good for that haha. but the one that looks like anatomy studies but distorted, that page is intense. i love it!!
    MY SKETCHBOOK!
    Some Sketchbooks you should check out! --->
    (expect this list to change alot)
    Mattinian
    RazorB
    Albino-Z
    MatejaPetkovic
    Cold
    Jama

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NickyBeats For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Your art is amazing especially the way you render flesh which is absolutely beautiful. I really love how organic and lifelike all your creations are. Very inspirational work!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to GoldenSerpent For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,800 Times in 718 Posts
    Great detail and rendering style, loving your creatures, man!
    Art is not about competing against others and being better than everyone else, but it is about competing against yourself and discovering your greatest potential!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob Powell For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Y, you are good sketches

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Daulet-art For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mouth watering watercolours!

If I'd comment on one thing I'd say that in some of the pieces a little more contrast wouldn't hurt. However, I'm aware that it can be quite tricky with water-based mediums. A problem I have to solve myself. I think that due to a 1-2 years of a lot watercolour paintings I even transferred watered down colour palettes to other mediums. Not that there is a problem with that in itself. But it's a good thing to master the full range. And now I'm obviously talking more about myself.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Greip For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,406 Times in 562 Posts
    Great work. Flipping through this thread makes me want to do some creatures. The stuff in here is truly unique and awesome. I especially love the muscle/anatomy exploration on this page: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1321574436

Keep it up! thanks for posting.

cheers
    "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Check out my Sketchbook! Critique and Criticism welcomed.

or my Artstation

Or my stream on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/wwsketch

31. The Following User Says Thank You to ArtZealot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I like that some of your work starts of reminding me of stuff I've seen - talking color, technique or style, something that feels familiar - but then blasts off in a totally unique direction with the subject matter. Not sure if this describes it right but I guess if you create a familiar setting/color/mood but then put something unexpected in that space it makes the piece more powerful. Seriously brilliant work.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to bupaje For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    AndreySimeonov - Thank you - glad you like!

MonkeYoakum - Haha -- Yes, mango would be aptly juicy for those teeth... Or some large carcass. Glad you appreciate the little things that happen around the eyes -- subtle stuff like that can really change the look of a creature, I think.

focus_light - Thanks, glad you like!

Carnifex - Sorry I was gone so long, but anyways danke and here're a few more things.

GEB - Haha -- Thanx!

kischi - Thx! Wow those shark-type heads are really getting a lot of mileage. Neat. Glad you like some of the recents as well!

NickyBeats - Thank you! I'm glad my watercolour pencil stuff is being so well-received... I hesitate to post some of this stuff cuz I know it's just monochromatic exploratory, but I'm still lovin' these things, myself.

GoldenSerpent - Merci! Glad you dig my organic stuff, and I'm always happy to inspire!

Rob Powell and Daulet-art - Thanks, guys!

Greip - Thank you so much! I appreciate your comment. I do agree with you about the contrast, and I know it's made it more difficult for some to really absorb some of my images. Since these have just been studies where my biggest concerns were exploring description of muscular forms and becoming more familiar with using a bristled brush (as opposed to an airbrush) I haven't been too worried about it... However, it's true that I'm pleased with how they're progressing and I do sortuv want to share, so now I'm attempting to find some other colours that have stronger contrast whilst still handling and inspiring similar forms and detail as the lighter colours that I've been using this far. The more-brownish colour in this current posting is DERWENT "Russet", and I think it might do the trick -- see whatchya think...

ArtZealot - Thanks! I'm glad to hear that someone else likes that coffee table page.

bupaje - Thanks! I'm glad that that's how you're experiencing some of my stuff, because I'm really always trying to find something different and interesting in my creatures etc., whilst also attempting to add some tangibility to them that can help us connect with them. There're too many great designs in film and game that don't impact us as they could because they rely on clich้d situations or styles that we never experience in real life.

Thanks again everybody, your comments are stellar!

Here're a coupluv watercolour-pencil pages that I did over the past coupluv days, approx. actual size. The first one is basically me pushing forward and trying to practice a bit of landscapery, as well as including a subject or two interacting in that environment. The second pic (of the pot-bellied figure) is basically a "before" drawing... I'll post it again after I've gone back into it with a tiny flat shader brush and a bit of water. I've got some misgivings about its upper torso, so I'll be doing whatever I can to tighten the larger form of that area up. Might not succeed, but I'll give it a shot. It's actually the same colour pencil as the small pics just above it, so you can see how much adding water changes things.

Cheers, guys!
    Last edited by William b. Hand; December 5th, 2011 at 09:35 PM.

35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to William b. Hand For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Oh my gosh man, ahhh so inspiring. I'll definitely be watching for your new work.
    "CRUSH IT!" SKETCH GROUP
    My Sketchbook
    Saarmander
    Niffler
    Breistift

>>My Website<<
    Available for freelance!

37. The Following User Says Thank You to bogan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Absolutely stunning! The anatomy on your characters is terrific, particularly all the nooks and crannies in post #1207! The transition from water-colour to PS is seamless. I'm going to stop by when I've got a little more time to enjoy all of your wonderful work.
    Subscribed!(that's a no brainer
    Very inspirational, thanks for sharing.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike L For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Your sketches and watercolors are hella sexy! Love to look through your pages

The shark heads are really nice - scary to look at - and you have so much detail too! I think that they present really well because the sketches are so clean! Wow - that is an accomplishment in itself, I never use graphite pencils anymore because when I do my sketchbook looks like it was dry humped by a fat man inside a chimney shoot (aka dirty dirty) Anyway thanks for sharing these

41. The Following User Says Thank You to Wholewheat_keyboard For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Dude, some seriously good pieces going on here, especially considering that they aren't digital.

I'm deifnitely going to be watching this thread.
    Sketchbook

A creative artist works on his next composition because he is not satisfied with his previous one. When he loses a critical attitude toward his own work, he ceases to be an artist. - Dmitri Shostakovich

43. The Following User Says Thank You to Tea of Doom For This Useful Post:

Thanks

45. The Following User Says Thank You to Howie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hiya,

Really brilliant werk up in here. Seriously inspiring.

I was fascinated by yer sketchbook pages in #1142 and decided to read a bit in that post.

Your "additive" sketchbook is a great idea...and it looks like I've got a lotta company on that too.

Anywho...yer creatures and ideas are really creative. Thanks for posting!

*subscribed*

- A man diligent and skillful in his work will stand before kings -
    - All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty -

"You can't design what you don't know." Jeff Watts (as seen in Windmaker's SB)

47. The Following User Says Thank You to Jephyr X For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    *Is in aw* Your rendering skills are just brilliant. Great use of the medium and a clear statement of form. Also The way you keep your lights and darks separated is just great. Keep up the excellent work!!

49. The Following User Says Thank You to Roope Maatta For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,524 Times in 2,458 Posts
    Just incredible.
    sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

51. The Following User Says Thank You to Velocity Kendall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,100 Times in 411 Posts
    Wow, truly beautiful and excellent work. I love all of it. I agree with the Hon. NickyBeats about that page of "anatomy studies." Especially because I know in the past I have repeatedly tried and failed to draw similar distortions. Very inspiring.

Michelangelo would be jealous.

53. The Following User Says Thank You to -Ross For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,137 Times in 399 Posts
    Stunning work Mr Hand! feels like giger 2.0.

If they ever asked you, would you consider doing an interview for the sidebar nation guys? That is one interview I would love to listen too.

Also please make a book akin to rakuga king, I would buy that 50 times over.

55. The Following User Says Thank You to Krane For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    DUDE! I haven't looked at your art in quite a while, now I did. Those friggin sharks dude... THOSE FRIGGIN SHARKS!!!!
    Ps. Sometimes I think you exaggerate the highlights, but it might be a personal preference.
    Anyways, I guess I HAVE to *sigh* keep track of this sketchbook more often eh?!

Best wishes,
    Abee

57. The Following User Says Thank You to Abee For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I'll respond to people shortly, but atm I just wanted to quickly throw up a few studies that I've done over the past few days...

For months I've wanted to study macro photos of bugs and work toward a goal of photo-realistic weirdness inspired by that study, and I'm finally beginning on it.

I chose to start with what I regard as one of the more technically demanding aspects of bugs, their compound eyes. Although I haven't really developed a photo-real style, and know I've got tons to learn yet, I'm less daunted by all the other biological weirdness than I was by the eyes with all their little facets. My goal with these exercises was to create eyes that'd be so believable that they could be laid right on top of actual photos and work.

To be clear, the areas around the compound eyes are photos pulled from wwwherever -- not mine. The bits that are mine are the compound eyes themselves, which I've created entirely out of raw photoshoppery.

I'm pretty pleased with what I've been able to accomplish thus far, so here are the highlights of it -- see whatchya think:

59. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to William b. Hand For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 655 Posts
    You nailed it. They're fantastic.

61. The Following User Says Thank You to HunterKiller_ For This Useful Post:

Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast