Page 1 of 90 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,286 Times in 468 Posts

Wm.B.Hand • SHARPIE CREATURES!! -- (Apr.16th)

Well, it's been over a year since I kept a sketchbook here and I'm happy to be giving it another go. This will be a combination of random sketchiness and stuff that's as finished and as polished as I can make it. I hope you find something that you like.

I'll start off with the painting that I just finished last night.

DEMON PORTRAIT ii: Airbrushed Acrylic on board : 20"x28" (50cm x 71cm)

DETAIL:
    Last edited by William b. Hand; April 16th, 2013 at 06:00 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to William b. Hand For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks
    Love it !!!

Canดt wait for more!

Thanks
    You started up another sketchbook!?
    I'm so proud *sniff sniff*

Super glad you did
    Don't see anything wrong with posting other recent stuff, I'm sure people would like to see it.

Chairs!

Thanks
    hell yeah i've been waiting for this.'ve always admired your dedication for the DGS and you skills in design and digital painting man, seriously, hope i see much more from you soon

keep sharing, i'll be back for more!

ciao

Thanks
    Fellah. - Thanks, dude - I'm really glad you like it! Of all the artists on this site, you are the one I would most like to have respond positively to this pic, so that worked out pretty well.

chrishly - Thanks! I hope to oblige.

IdiotApathy - Hehe.. Thanks, man. Other stuffs, huh? Well, okay. Since you asked...

TheGnoll - Wow, what a nice reception! Thanks a bunch. I hope I don't disappoint.

So...
    Here's a recent sketch that illustrates the most brilliant idea I've had in some while. (see if you agree)
    GERIATRIC ALIEN SKETCHES : blue pencil on paper

My next most-recent painting...
    RED-HAIRED SPHINX : 24" x 30" (61cm x 76cm): Airbrushed Acrylic on canvas board

... and a detail of that:

9. The Following User Says Thank You to William b. Hand For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    jeeeesus, that airbrushed portrait(s) is sublime.
    that geriatric alien is fantastic, LOL.
    so glad you made an sb again,
    peace

Thanks
    asoir - Thanks much! Glad you dig.

Here's a random drawing I did a little while ago in what is probably a doomed sketchbook. He's kinda wonky in ways, but I rather like him anyhow. I'd done a crappy job with markering colour onto him, so I altered that quite a bit in Photoshop to make the line-work more readable.

ETHER MONSTER i

Thanks
    The first one is amazing, looking foward to see more of your stuff.
    Cheers

Thanks
    I'm sitting and looking at this girl with blue eyes... I didn't know you were going to update so soon I wasn't prepared to see it and the more surprising this encounter was.
    I thought I will write about the first image which although created this sensual, primitive, raw sensation in me, still is not so mind controlling and unexpected as this piece, the red-haired sphinx.

This is something else, it is not an image, it is some kind of mind controlling tool or voice or conversation... the rest of the images have 1/100000000 of the power of this one... I would call this image "Contact", because that what it is... a window, teleportation point. You enter through those eyes and live in them... I have so many associations with it, so many pleasant associations.

This image energizes and comforts in the same time, there are so many all kind of symbols and hints there, but they all work in certain direction, create certain "melody".

I would call this image "Nature" as well, because it has its taste; unpredictable, exciting and sexual. And delicate as well... So many straight to brains and heart coming symbols: innocent face, young full breasts with modest and provoking in the same time body language, eye to eye contact, persistent, non-human, leading, hypnotic eyes...
    Green and rusty colors, slightly suffocating, subtle, comforting, wrapping around me, changing, devouring everything.
    I look at these strange shapes on her skin and I don't know if it's continents and oceans or it is strange flowing pigments on her skin... But it feels nice and I'm not afraid of her.... She is not a friend, but she is a major intoxication, source of pleasure and maybe even a new knowledge. She promises unforgettable moments and takes a lot for that -your will and always gives back something - tips of your nerves trembling from excitement and pleasure.

I liked her relaxed and relaxing pose, I didn't see it right away and it was sudden discovery that she sits on this soft hill or sofa in the pose of a big lazy cat. I like those wings or huge caterpillars behind her and lizard and life happening in front of my eyes and independently from mine.

I like so much her innocent and shameless altogether gesture, covering her magnetic breasts half way...
    I really don't want to talk about anything that could be changed in this image, it is a very powerful image, should be posted in FF section.
    I think it will be loved, but who knows other people tastes.

I love it... I wish it was mine. Someone will certainly see those eyes and will hear her calling for him, this painting will go from you...

If I could add somehting I would make her lips just a bit more calling, trapping, seductive in a very extremely subtle way, they are a little bit flat and subdued.. I would put a little of moisture on her lips, make them sweeter, like a sweet poison. I know you don't want to revert your viewer from her eyes, but still, something to make her lips not domineering in picture at all , but fresh and desirable would add some more magic, IMO.

But it is not that important
    I think, she controls minds, I don't know if she is good or bad, but she delivers a lot of what she promises and whatever she takes is worth it.

-------------------
    The first image...
    I like the subtle manner to talk through colors and delicate transition of them, but this piece is avoiding contact with me. I look at it like something that happened many, many centuries ago... we will never cross our roads.
    I look at it as some strange engraving on an ancient wall or strange drawing found finally. Some unreadable message from people who lived many years before me.
    If talking about technical site I would say that although those soft dissolving silhouettes and outlines have a strange effect on me combined with other opposite symbols (hostile grimace, horns, muscles)... still my eyes want to stay on something, some sharp edges, some contrast and they don't' have this, they just slide through the whole image without stops and fall down the page...

That's what I think, Will. All the best to you and thank you for kindness and special sweet attention you gave to me today.
    I think you are an awesome artist judging from this mind changing girl in the post before last one... I wish I could've created her...
    I feel spasm in my throat when I looked at her.. true emotion.
    Last edited by sve; November 11th, 2007 at 12:49 PM.

Thanks
    She is beautiful, Will. I'm looking at her again... Magic painting, of a huge charm.
    I'm so silly. I'm getting tamed by images so deeply.

heh, just noticed the alien with a walking device. heheh, that's funny.

Thanks
    Fabulous. The demon is amazing, and the sphinx oddly alluring. Love the lineart sketches as well, the little "this just passed by" remark made my day.. or well, night.

Thanks
    Yep, really charismatic painting of the red head... You know if you post this image in a bigger size to fill the whole screen, well at least bigger than it is now, I will probably have triple enjoyment from this painting... I like how our faces and eyes lined up against each other and how serious and calm she is. She doesn't blink. I can't do that. Is it OK that I write about the same painting many times? you know I like to come back to old images... they are better than new ones. Always exciting once I felt their loveliness.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sve
    Yep, really charismatic painting of the red head... You know if you post this image in a bigger size to fill the whole screen, well at least bigger than it is now, I will probably have triple enjoyment from this painting... I like how our faces and eyes lined up against each other and how serious and calm she is. She doesn't blink. I can't do that. Is it OK that I write about the same painting many times? you know I like to come back to old images... they are better than new ones. Always exciting once I felt their loveliness.
    Heh, I think you've got a fan William.

Not that the praise is undeserved, it really is a very nice piece. The texturing makes it very enjoyable to look at while her eyes just draw you in. It has a lot going on while being very centered. Well done indeed.
    -My work can be found at my local directory thread.

Thanks
    Love the aged aliens.

The sphinx is an eye trap. Draws one in for a long enjoyable time. Textures are lovely.
    Figure's 'n' Stuff SketchBook

Charcoal Paintings

BLOG!

"Just because something doesn't do what you planned it to do doesn't mean it's useless."-Thomas A. Edison

"Convention is craft. Invention is art. In art, knowledge assists invention"-John E. Carlsson

Page 1 of 90 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 ... LastLast