DSG 1219: Sci-Fi: WILD MACHINE "PRINTS" OUT ORGANIC MATTER... INCLUDING LIFEFORMS

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: DSG 1219: Sci-Fi: WILD MACHINE "PRINTS" OUT ORGANIC MATTER... INCLUDING LIFEFORMS

Thanks
    Thanked 1,283 Times in 467 Posts
    Follows
    Following

DSG 1219: Sci-Fi: WILD MACHINE "PRINTS" OUT ORGANIC MATTER... INCLUDING LIFEFORMS

[ Well... ]

[ If I've worded it properly, you are now getting visions of strange and marvelous (possibly creepy) technology akin to a rapid-prototyping device... ]

[ ...but that creates complex organic things... ]

[ ...effectively able to xerox life. ]

[ ]

Sci-Fi: WILD MACHINE "PRINTS" OUT ORGANIC MATTER... INCLUDING LIFEFORMS

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 654 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Haven't done one of these in a while.
    A bit sloppy, but I think the style suits the idea.
    EDIT: w00t, first.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That does remind me of 'the fifth element', when leeloo gets created :o

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not so easy.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    HunterKiller_ - Ha ha ha moha! Thats to funny.
    Tommoy - Thats a nice one! Inspired me a bit.

Björn Silfverberg

B-Mans Spanking

Friends sketchbooks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Haha Beardbug? No razor is tiny enough...

WIP BTW

Wow, what a difficult concept... for me at least.

Maybe I should have focused a little more on the machine... Maybe I should have touched on the "wild" part. After I got into it, I realized it was a Wii, so I went ahead and pushed that haha.

DS prints money, Wii prints matter...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What will the next Nintendo console do? Print time and/or souls and/or some other non-physical stuff? Cant wait

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cool stuff guys...yeah it's definitely a difficult topic!

I actually read about something like this where you could print food using special dyes...or something like that. Tried to do an inkjet-printing/3d printing thing here

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I do agree this was difficult at first. then i remembered that people somewhere are actually trying to invent such a machine. You put in a cartridge, the cartridge contains basic elements, basic building blocks. Then nanobots, well bots smaller than those start to build your food, it rises out of the top as if from nowhere. im sure after the technology has been out for a long time it will have been refined this much to where you buy a cartidge once in a while, the food is heated and a plate is made with it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    HunterKiller - Your image reminds me of a short story I read, from one of those anthologies you used to be able to pick up for a few pence...

A down on his luck scientist creates a machine that can produce things from nothing, including living creatures. He tries it out, asking it to create a variety of small things, then asks

"Whisky"

A puddle appears on the floor of the machine, obviously taking his request literally, since he didn't ask for it in a glass. So after trying again, and getting his whisky (in a glass ) he tests the machine a little more.

"Girl"

And a naked 8 year old girl with pigtails and braces appears. The Scientist should've been more specific.

"Aw, Hell"

The firefighters attending the scene found two skeletons in the ashes.
    -------------
    I know there have been a few machines of this kind of nature in comics and books and suchlike. Theres the obvious replicators in Star Trek, as well as the Dumbwaiter in Terry Pratchetts "Strata" in which there are smaller versions, providing food, drink and raw materials, as well as huge planet-forming versions, which when programmed to do so lay down the various layers of the planet. The boredom of sitting on top of these massive machines for months as it travels around the planet leads to pranks, such as forming mountain ranges in initials, or laying down dinosaur bones holding placards saying "Stop the Bomb".
    One of my favourites though, is the self aware replicator machine from Warren Ellis' "Transmetropolitan". A rip-off version, made by the local mafia, it takes in old waste and reforms it into food, and drinks, (mainly alcohol), whilst also downloading machine-narcotics for itself and regularly going crazy.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.