Laying Reinforcement

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Laying Reinforcement

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Laying Reinforcement

Hello, I need some help on this environment . It's for a art test I'm doing for EA. Draw overs would be a plus, thanks

-Rob

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Check Us Out!!!

Unbreakable

zao75231

couplandrob.daportfolio.com
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like it, but it lacks contrast. Im not sure if that what u want. nice color.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well - i dont know what they want to see in your artwork. Can you tell us their specifications?

If they want to see some construction site - and concrete reinforcements - I sould like to concentrate myself more on the construction site itself and not on the whole area. If they didnt say exactly that you must to look at it from above - i will also try to change the point of view and look at it from closer distance and probably in different perspective - then you can draw more details on the construction site - vehicles, equipments, parts of the building etc....

If I will draw some construction site and i i can freely chose the point of view, I will probably draw it "from eyes" of a worker standing in the excavation and looking slightly above to see all the cranes and structures.

On your picture, i also lack contrast and on the constructions site - i will prefer to make it more sophisticated, deeper excavations, more detailed construction elements etc... Now you split the focus between the city and the constriction site, I will try to focus only on the contrsuction site and existing building will serve as some kind of a background.

sketchboook.deviantart.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some of the perspective on the buildings looks just a little bit off. A few of the lines which should be parrallel to each other aren't quite, which throws the coherency off a little in some areas. I've drawn a couple of examples of this here, where the red lines follow the edges of buildings that should be parrallel (or more parrallel anyway) to each other.

Laying Reinforcement

I'm by no means an expert at this kind of thing though, so I may be barking up the wrong tree entirely.

Also, yeah - bit more contrast and detail in some areas may not go amiss.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    d00dle-Yeah, here is an update on it, thanks for the crit

sketchboook-Well here is what he said "could you and I collaborate to do map design that looked beautiful and got across ideas of space?" He's given me some samples of what it should look like, it pretty much haves to look like a google satellite type image.

Ming_64-Thanks for pointing out the little errors, I appreciate it

Thanks guys,
    Rob

Check Us Out!!!

Unbreakable

zao75231

couplandrob.daportfolio.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think you could stand to have a wee bit more variation in the windows. Only about one third of the buildings have different window designs - the rest look kind of copy-pasted and identical.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.