Website redesign
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Website redesign

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Website redesign

Well it seems to me that sometimes I spend more time working my website redesigns than actual artwork. I never could find a design I was happy with for more than six months.Finally though Iron very happy with my site. It's simple, easy to navigate, and most importantly -directly to the point! All the art is put front and center.

I'd be interested to hear other's comments if anyone is interested in commenting

http://www.wicked-frog.com

[I know. totally lame self-promotion - but it had to be done]

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think it'd be nice whit a little bit of air in the top, above the picture I mean. I feel like I'm loosing a little part of the picture you know, but otherwise its nice

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yea needs some space at the top as I feel like I need to scroll up a little

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't like that the thumbs are not significative of what one will find inside, it makes it hard to remember which I already clicked, especially since they are much darker when not rolled over. I find that it makes it harder to find an image I've already seen and want to see again too.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i think that for the ultimate easiest put art firstest and foremostest website set-up, you should check out main loops site. thumbs left - big view right. no, pop ups, no big view and click to go back, no hovering over thumbs - just a click and instant updates. its the mother set-up if you ask me. i'd like one just like it myself.

tensai

check the Tensai Tokyo Sketch Thread (Sketchbook)

check the Tensai Cityscapes Thread (Finally Finished)

bLok

Quote Originally Posted by strych9ine
    Fuck backgrounds, who needs em.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the comments guys!

lady medusa and kainin: I can see what you mean about the feeling of missing something and wanting to scroll. Do you feel this reduces youe enjoyment of the site or the navigation of it?

qitsune: hehehe I can see that. The reason I did do more "conceptual" thumbnails is because most of my stuff are scantily clad ladies, and I didn't want the thumbnail grid to just be a bunch of faces staring back at you, but I see what you mean. It's also possible the unrolled over state may be a bit too dark... it looked fine on my machine here, but I may need to revisit that, thanks!

tensai: Well a problem I have in designing my websites, is that being a designer by trade, I tend to want to do something with a bit more edge to it than just a a basic thumbnails site... even though that may be the simplest form to do it in, I also want to show the design thought that went into it.

That being said I may be blinded by designer's conceit at the moment. The design only works as far as it can be easily used by people, and that was my reason for redoing it in the first place.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.