Sketchbook: anatomical study
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: anatomical study

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

anatomical study

Hi this is my first post, so feel free to offer any thoughts, opinions or advice, it's all welcome. I've just started doing some anatomical studies recently starting with the skull. I got a few more and will post them over the next few days.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Can`t really say anything atm, awaiting more posts with eager eyes though, looks promising.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm also studying anatomy as well since I went many years without caring about it, and now it's struck me hard in the face.

The skull looks superb but it's kind of hard to critique much since we don't have a front view sketch. An angled side view shows more of the blank section of the skull than the detailed so we can't say too much.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Skulls continued

Thanks for your input I know I didn't have a lot of stuff up, I wanted to put these up at the same time but was having some problems with the scanner. Hope this gives you a bit more to go on.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Life drawing

This is some life drawing I've done, they're either with a HB mechanical pencil or a blue or black biro pen. Any feedback would be appreciated thanks.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dammit and double dammit and an extra pint of dammit for the weekend. You're good and probably getting better by the minute. Liked the detailed studies of the skull. You sure get some nice eye training by drawing skulls. If I were to comment on something it must be that the skulls looked a bit asymmetrical. I mean, it's entirely possible for somebodys skull to look like this provided it has received a crushing blow of some sort to one side, or may be some kind of defiency etc... But if you're aiming at drawing the skull of the everyday chum walking down the street it doesn't feel quite right. Although it's pretty good, my impression is that the sides of the skull are noticably different.

The nude people are good too. The standing man look a bit flat though. Try adding some depth. oh, one more thing, I have noticed recently in my own work. If you're a beginner like myself, stay away from details. It only distracts you from laying important groundwork. Proportions and correct perspective is essential and must be mastered before diving into details. But that said I'm no expert, and it's just my opinon for what it's worth. Keep drawing. The good news is you only can get better.

Envisor is offline 21 year old artist workin' to improve! Level 10 Gladiator: Equites
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice studies Witch Doctor. Have a good eye for proportions and clean lines. Only crit I have is to use more contrast in your pieces. Some of the skull studies are very light and hard to read what part is exactly what. Keep up the good work, more figure studies I say.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"- Albert Einstein

Eric wants to LEARN! Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks torebjerkan and Envisor for your suggestions and compliments, i haven't had much time to post on here recently but haven't stopped drawing. I'll get some new stuff up as soon as possible.

Envisor - I have been working a lot on my lines and proportions, I'm looking to make some time to really work on my light and shade.

toberjerkan - the skulls were drawn from actual models, so it may be down to the angles that I was drawing them from and how that has translated into my depictions.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.