Results 1 to 16 of 16
Thread: Photos from Kenya RESSURECTED!!!
March 17th, 2007 #1
Photos from Kenya RESSURECTED!!!
EDIT: It's a long while ago I first started this thread. For those who have seen it already, look down a few posts to see new pictures!
I've never really looked in the photography section of this forum before, but now I did, and decided to share some of my photos from the visit I did to Kenya last summer. We were a group of 15 staying in Kenya for 5 weeks in June and july of 2006. It's truly one of the most beautiful countries you can visit, if you ever get a chance to visit Africa, do it! There's lions there, you know!
All photos here are shown as is, meaning the only thing I've done with them is resize them. That's why some may not be as compositionally good as others, as I don't crop them or anything..
1. A really big flower
2. View of The Great Rift Valley
3. Sunset over the trees. It really was this colour, it was reeeaally wierd watching!
4. Random hills
5. I just love those flowers!
6. View over the Masai Mara national park
7. A bit blurry, but I think it's cool. I think it's a bushbuck
8. Hey, it's Pumba!
Okay, 8 of over 1500 pics is pretty lame. More to come!
Last edited by Serpian; December 9th, 2007 at 11:50 AM.
Hide this ad by registering as a member
March 17th, 2007 #2
Okay, here's some more right away. Gotta start pumping them out as soon as possible if were going to get somewhere near 1500!
9. Some kind of spitting cobra, if I remember correctly...
10. Ooh yes, we saw them lions! And lots of 'em!
11. They're as cuddly as little cats, they are!
12. Aren't they just the most beautiful creatures on earth?
13. Sadly we were a bit far away as the big male yawned.
15. This is what being a lion is all about: you lie in the sun...
16. Yawn a little...
17. And fall asleep. Oh yeah, what a life style!
18. More lions
19. Again, blurry, but what can you do?
20. Mighty creatures
21. This was often the case when we were out on safaris. Just a bit closer!
22. We saw so many zebras it turned into a joke: "This safari was really great, But it'd been better if we had seen some zebras!"
More to come as I get of my lazy ass and resize them...
March 17th, 2007 #3
Try and post the most artsy, we're very protective of our artsiness over here.
For example I quite like the Bushbuck one, because the deer isn't blurry (except for limbs), but everything else is. it shows that it's a bloody fast moving creature. Remember, human eyes blur, I think we have 30fps or something... not entirely sure, just tried to look it up quickly and didn't really get anything either.
No. 15 is lovely, really, a lion!
and in No. 5 you have the subject (well, centre of the flower) in a nice place of the photo, I quite like that.
Actually, why not go take more photos, and make yourself a 'Serpian's Photo Thread'? Go on... do it, you love photography really.
March 18th, 2007 #4
I try posting the best pics, but some are posted just because of the subject. I can try to post the most interesting pics based on composition and so forth, but bear in mind I'm hardly even a hobby photographer
23. Thompson's Gazelle, I believe
25. Well this is a bit artsy, right? The Masai Mara
26. Funny animals
27. The majestic Topi. Probably the ugliest antelope you'll come across on the savannah
32. The nomadic Maasai performing traditional dancing and singing for the tourists. The dances included rythmic movements of the body, and jumping really, really high. The singing was loud shouts and wierd throat sounds. An experience worth seeing.
34. This wounded butterfly we found had the wingspan of the palm of my hand.
More as the story develops!
March 20th, 2007 #5
March 27th, 2007 #6
35. I'll start with a cool subject-type pic. You haven't seen rain untill you've seen African rain, they say.
36. Two african fish eagles soaring over the Lake Victoria
38. Well this is artsy, right!
39. More birrds..
40. I love them birds.
41. I was less than two metres away from this beautiful bird. It let me get extremely close before it flew away.
42. Detail of previous pic
43. And another bird pic
Next post will contain... more birds! Birds by the dozen! Okay, I'll just pick the very best pictures...
March 31st, 2007 #7
it's basically very clear that these are really usual holiday shots and I say it's kinda nice of you to share them. It feels a bit like flipping through friends' holiday photos on their return.
The one photo that for me reaches into the other realm of photos that try to be nothing but a photograph (unlike holiday photography which serves purposes like documenting, memory support, and similar things) is the one with the jumping feet high in the air.
The on-camera flash does not disturb, here and the short moment is nicely caught.
About not workin on the image files. I think that by resizing the images you are actually processing them and if I remember correctly most people working with digital images do apply some selective sharpening in the process of resizing as that introduces a bit of fuzziness which needs to be readjusted.
December 9th, 2007 #8
Wow a long time since i posted here last. Now I will continue...
44. Artsy enough for you?
45. Here comes the birds I talked about.
46. Okay not so many as I said, but I just picked the best ones.
50. Goats to the slaughter!
52. The Samburu, a tribal people related to the Maasai
56. These are young boys dressed in black leather and a number of traditional jewelries. This is the way the Samburu boys are dressed in the period before their circumcision.
57. When the Samburu slaughter animals, they often drink their bool as well.
December 9th, 2007 #9
December 9th, 2007 #10
December 10th, 2007 #11
December 10th, 2007 #12Registered User
- Join Date
- Nov 2007
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This is an intriguing thread.
It is really showing growth in your photo ability.
keep on keepin on!
www.myworldart.com online art gallery
December 11th, 2007 #13
Thank you all! It's funny to hear about improvement - seeing as I took all of these photos on the same trip in 2006. I guess I'm just getting better at picking what to show you! Though there is a lot of things I'd like to show, just because it's interesting... All in all I've got over 1500 pictures from those five weeks in Kenya. Imagine choosing which ones to print for ma (physical) photo album!
These are the best photos from beginning to end, in cronological order. I will probably post some more later, even though they might not be as good.
purplerose: there were sunsets like that all the time there. Also it rained every day, same time on the afternoon. Like thunder rain.
Last edited by Serpian; December 11th, 2007 at 05:22 PM.
January 5th, 2008 #14
January 5th, 2008 #15
September 13th, 2008 #16Registered User
- Join Date
- Feb 2007
- Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
oh ,how i envy You now!,always dreamed to go around the world and just take a pictures, Africa, I live north of the continent, but I was never able to visit it, I see dangerous beasts, forests,and kind African people, good work, awesome pictures, I love Africa a lot, hope you pass Egypt in the next trip