Intersting movie color studies

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Intersting movie color studies

Jason Salavon came to my university late last year to give a lecture, but I haven't gotten around to mentioning it until now. Pretty much all the pieces he works on are created with a computer program he writes for each one, and there's a few that I found interesting.

He's done four different pieces that involve taking each frame of a movie and making that frame be only the average color. With Titanic and MTV's top ten videos, he put each frame in order and printed them all onto a piece of paper. Here's a view of the Titanic piece and here's the music videos. He's done two other pieces that instead involve playing the movies with the colored frames. There's one that shows the top 25 movies all at once and one that shows the top 6 all at once.

Then there's one other similar one, but instead he arranges the frames into a square with the lightest colored frame in the center.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    holy shit thats a trip!!! pretty damn cool

hehheh--snow white and deep throat are very similar
    coincindence? probably.

MY SITE
    available for freelance

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cool

That seems like a lot of trouble to go through just to come up with something that looks like your digital cable is on the fritz, huh? I appreciate the concept... but the end result doesn't really do anything for me. Is there something I'm missing? How long was this lecture?

- blind

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Originally posted by Blind
    That seems like a lot of trouble to go through just to come up with something that looks like your digital cable is on the fritz, huh? I appreciate the concept... but the end result doesn't really do anything for me. Is there something I'm missing? How long was this lecture?
    I find it interesting because it lets you see how a director uses color. The single solid color isn't necessarily the best way to do it, though, since you will miss out on the interplay between different colors in a single frame, but I still like it.

The lecture was about an hour and a half. He talked about other stuff I didn't mention, but you can see them all at his website.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.