Sketchbook: Yoitisi's sketches (November 1 - 2010) - Page 21
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: Yoitisi's sketches (November 1 - 2010)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You have a nice sense of variety, Yoitisi. What's next? Your take on a videogame space ship? (Examples: The Vic Viper from Gradius; The R-9A1 from R-Type; The Silver Hawk from Darius)

The Louisianian Sketchbook You can Comment and Criticize if you want.
    My Newgrounds Profile Warning: Politically Incorrect thoughts, view at your own risk.
    My Facebook Site I normally hate these kinds of websites, but a friend of mine invited me.
    Louisianian artists thread If you're from or live in Louisiana, don't hesitate to post here.
    My Profile Nothing else needs to be said.
    Trillian: Request to be added first.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your work seems to be improving with each picture, nice work. The coloring style is unique too.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by yoitisi View Post
    The tail is actually not a very good spot to put anything on, for a few practical reasons. First, it drags over the ground all the time and gear strapped on to it would wear down very quickly. Secondly, the tail is necessary for it to regulate its temperature, so anything that covers the skin there will obstruct this. Thirdly, it's used for balance rather than fighting, and is too short to actually be used as a practical weapon. Anyway, that was my reasoning here
    Ah, yeah, that makes sense. I think I was picturing the tail behind held up higher, but dragging on the ground would definitely wreck any gear. LOL, you have obviously thought this out more than I have.

No crit this time, just "Fuck, that is an awesome design!"

--
    Paper Nautilus
    Sketchblog
    CA Sketchbook
    Twitter
    DeviantArt page

If you want to live an interesting life, you're going to spend half of it being terrified.
    -Mary Hollinshead

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    HOLEY TIT MONKEYS!

love it. love it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by yoitisi View Post
    yoo roomie!!!!!!!!

cool designs here man, i want to give you my humble opinion on these caractersdesigns

things i like:

The ornamental stuff is very good, because the graphic design language is very consistent but not to repeatative that it becomes boring.

the two blades on the lef guy looks awesome and is very practical too

the outfits refer to existing cultures, giving a believability to it. it looks well thought through

i love that the right lizard has a golden teeth really fits the AARG MATEYY mentality

things to look at:

i dont really understand the weapon of the second lizard. is it a blunt object or is it a sword?

watch the poses.. you didnt change the anatomy of the original, 4 legs standing lizard. now you made the lizard stand on 2 legs, but the anatomy is still the same.. now it has a big problem to keep balance because the legs are simply to short.. so i think thats why the pose looks a bit too stiff for me... i dunno, but if you ask me, the only way to fix this is to actually change the anatomy design of the lizard... something has to be evolved for them to be able to stand on 2 legs.

maybe take more attention to material expression in redering.

ok man, cya in a minute, i wonder whats for diner

Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 479 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    FightingSeraph: Hehe thanks, dunno yet I might try my hands at some traditional painting for a change.

Demon Lizardmen: Thanks, trying to improve with each painting I do.

Cacodaemonia: Thanks yeh I was discussing them with my roommate today and we figured I could've done a better job on the pose and anatomy of the lizardmen maybe. Alas, my elbows got the better of me.

Sublimus: Donkey balls! Thanks.

Teh Gosu: Hehe thanks dude, totally right with the crits. I'll have to figure out what's for diner tomorrow still..

Here's a small time update, figured I should try and see if I could manage to sit behind my tablet for a bit longer again. Entry for the current round of COW: Lean, Green & Mean. Took me about 5 hours I think, mildly pleased with it though it's a little bit boring colour-wise I suppose...then again, it's green

Name:  COW 153 Lean Green Mean final small.jpg
Views: 3384
Size:  429.2 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My mom likes the lean green and mean entry too
    I really like the mini minotaur, lots of nice marks in it, inspires me to do some more traditional stuff too

"Be either full-assed or no-assed. There is no half assed."

SSG SKETCHPOT/FLYING RADISHES/ OR JUST PLAIN AWESOME.
    KT | Reutte | Darkmoon |Asatira | AnthonyV

[CENTER]
    My Website
    ~ My Sketchbook ~ My Blog ~ My Twitter ~ My Deviantart ~

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The mouth on that thing looks like a barracuda - very mean!

--
    Paper Nautilus
    Sketchblog
    CA Sketchbook
    Twitter
    DeviantArt page

If you want to live an interesting life, you're going to spend half of it being terrified.
    -Mary Hollinshead

Thanks
    Thanked 4,154 Times in 2,281 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    WWWWWOOOOOWWWWWW I ALWAYS NEW YOU RRRRRRROCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK'D but i just went through your SB an you have amazing skills your ink work is WICKED ' an you really make one want to try IDOW !!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    good designs bro nice very balanced sketchbook.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Guido--

Fantastic work. Great line quality and ideas.

And...when was the last time someone got me completely bonkers over Industrial Design renders? They are gorgeous, artful, and exciting. I can't think of the last time--so you're the Man!

best,
    Nick

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The labyrinth fauna sketch is awesome! Ha i would hate to animate that last one

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hala: Hehe thanks, yeh I kinda want to do more of those. Working in pen like that was cool.

Cacodaemonia: Thanks!

Grandmassa: Wooo you actually did enter IDW Thanks man!

Robz: Thanks!

rusko-berger: Thanks man! That reminds me, I'm supposed to set you up with something...

Holland: Aren't those supposed to be the most challanging and fun to do?

Ok so I figured I should update this SB for once. I've been sketching a bunch of stuff that I didn't upload yet. Can't draw for too long or too much these days since my body still needs to chill out.

Anyway, here's something really old that I don't think I put up yet on account of me not finishing it The figures are kind of wonky so I lost interest in it.

Name:  April 9 2009 small.jpg
Views: 3036
Size:  490.1 KB

Quick car sketch in PS just to try stuff out.

Name:  rally Car 2 small.jpg
Views: 3297
Size:  149.9 KB

A pen and marker sketch of a uhm..mixer Done while assisting in class. Topic was to draw a bunch of mixers in sideview and since everyone usually gets a bit stuck on standard mixers I figured I'd try out something else for an example.

Name:  Mixer small.jpg
Views: 2885
Size:  314.2 KB

Speedpaint-ish thing I started to test out my Livestream. Spend 2 hours on it before I remembered to flip it, and then I noticed it was a little skewed so I lost interest. Might go back to it later.

Name:  September 5 2009 AA gun  small.jpg
Views: 2977
Size:  202.4 KB

Another piece of artillery I worked on, sort of in between WWI and WWII technology.

Name:  Sept 15 2009 Artillery 2 small.jpg
Views: 3262
Size:  340.7 KB

And here's my entry for this weeks' IDW, topic is Anti-Orbit Self Propelled Artillery. Had fun with it, though I was supposed to do other stuff actually...

Name:  IDW 112 Sketches small.jpg
Views: 2802
Size:  437.6 KB
    Name:  IDW 112 AO-SPA sketch small.jpg
Views: 2745
Size:  229.5 KB

Name:  IDW 112 AO-SPA Final small.jpg
Views: 2744
Size:  418.4 KB

Btw, to get an idea of what those guns would do check out youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5tzd...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Nn5c...eature=related

Last edited by yoitisi; September 30th, 2009 at 09:08 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Woah what a nice industrial design. I love the tank. I wish I could paint something like that. How long did you work on this one?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    curse you and your mech/auto etc drawings. I want to draw those kinds of things but my perspective is still fail

you're amazin :3 and thanks for all those crits in my book

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That is the sexiest mixer I ever did see! ;P I love the marker shading on it.

I can't really crit your tanks, since I don't know much about vehicles, but they look awesome to me!

--
    Paper Nautilus
    Sketchblog
    CA Sketchbook
    Twitter
    DeviantArt page

-Mary Hollinshead

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Rushlord: I think that one took about 10 hours in total, with sketches and all. I might put some more time in it after seeing some of the comments on it in the IDW poll though.

Troubadour: You're welcome

Cacodaemonia: Hehe yeh I think that's what I like about these classes here at my uni, they give me a reason to draw random mixers instead of military vehicles or orcs

Small update on what I'm working on. Another military vehicle, inspired by a sketch I did for my Scoutcar project about a year ago. Trying to take more care with lighting and colors this time, and making it more like an illustration rather than a design rendering. I might add some ortho's too for good measure.

Name:  Scoutcar 2 3 flip small.jpg
Views: 2946
Size:  521.4 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i was absolutely sure i stopped by in here, but in any case i've been watching every single update!
    lovely updates as usual, from the quick digital/tra sketches to the more finished pieces, its all full of quality and great design, i'm esp a fan of the latest military vehicles.
    Just out of curiousity, do you have any good site to recommend for WW1 vehicles/photos/ref?

always a pleasure to stop by

ciao!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Havent been here for a long time, nice new updates.. that tank is awesome!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The renered Vulcan tank is very nice. What is the average time spent on your speed renders?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    xinranliu:Thanks, here's some more similar stuff

TheGnoll: Hey man, been a while indeed. There's not really a site that jumps to my mind to be honest, I tend to do regular searches on the internet (google etc) and pick up images here and there. Usually it helps if you can find a name or type number of one or more vehicles though, chances are high you hit a site that has more of the same stuff

Joey-B: Thanks!

liquidjack: Depends a bit on what I'm going for, but usually around 6 to 12 hours.

Here's another quick update from stuff done while teaching. First one is a class where we give a few tips to make transparent objects on white paper by using pastel and erasers etc. Not one of my favourite classes really.

Name:  glass2 small.jpg
Views: 4137
Size:  469.6 KB

Second one is from todays class, drawing small objects in hands. The hands are drawn over from photo's we made for these classes. Did a few small touch-ups in Photoshop since I didn't have a lot of time to finish it while helping students.

It's partly an exercise on how to use underlayers like that (since just tracing them doesn't give a nice result usually -rubber gloves syndrom) and partly to make a sort of user-guide on how to hold it/use it. I decided to try and get people away from the standard boxes, cubes and cilindres a bit by making this creepy needle thingy

Name:  injector small.jpg
Views: 2434
Size:  347.3 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Guido,

Very recently discovered your stuff. It's really wicked man. Also good to find another dutchman on the forums. I'm really digging the latest 2 vehicle designs. Really solid designs. Amazing job at the latest 2 pics. Those industrial design drawings are really insane. Seeing that stuff actually made me look into industrial design. Currently in my final exam year of vwo so I'll definately attend the openday at the TU in Delft. Will definately keep track of your stuff! Awesome!

Grtz, Jordy

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really love the look of these technical drawings! They have a certain roughness to them, while still being extremely neat and precise.

--
    Paper Nautilus
    Sketchblog
    CA Sketchbook
    Twitter
    DeviantArt page

-Mary Hollinshead

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yoitisi it's been quite awhile,

How are things, hope things are going well with idw? It's good to see you still rocking this sketchbook. That tank is just awesome, you have such a great control over your lines and angles that I always admire. Those ink drawings are my favorites from you man!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yoitisi it's been quite awhile,

How are things, hope things are going well with idw? It's good to see you still rocking this sketchbook. That tank is just awesome, you have such a great control over your lines and angles that I always admire. Those ink drawings are my favorites from you man!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great stuff here. It is so refreshing to see some marker work in your sketchbook and it warms my heart to see that you are teaching your students some solid "old School" techniques. I had to learn markers the hard way and I missed out on a lot because none of my instructors ( 0 in a 4 year degree) knew how to use them or cared one whit for their use.

Keep posting as I've got you bookmarked!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So, time to at least attempt an update in this somewhat neglected sketchbook of mine. I have been pretty busy lately but most of it didn't have anything to do with drawing or painting at all I'm afraid

This is from a course Visual Communication at my faculty. The model is done together with a friend of mine, but the texturing, lighting and stuff on both are mine (with the exception of the photographic material, and since it's just for educational purposes I forgot to write down the names of the copyright owners...). Only had a day and a half to texture and render these as we were a little uhm..behind. Not overly happy with the result, there's tons of stuff I'd like to tweak still, but for a first time try with both Rhino and Maya (Mental Ray mostly) I think it's okay

Name:  RenderFinalPS2small.jpg
Views: 2001
Size:  410.0 KB

Name:  RenderFinalPSsmall.jpg
Views: 1954
Size:  398.2 KB

Will try and reply in here later on.

Natzuur-JK is offline Arrrggghhh im a..... ninja? Level 5 Gladiator: Myrmillo
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man, i have seen you around the forums, but for some reason never stopped by to check out your SB, should have done so ages ago. Sucks you haven't been able to draw or paint much lately, I really like your industrial marker renderings too, i always tend to overuse them when layering haha.

Freelance/general inquiries @: Natzuur@gmail.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like that tank design, too bad mine was too ugly to post

Where do you take your industrial design? Because I have a few questions

What kind of courses do you have?
    Is there much mathematics/physics involved, and is that much harder than in high school?
    Is most of the work done while in school or at home?

I hope you can answer my questions

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 8