Page 11 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Yoitisi's sketches (November 1 - 2010)

Thanks
    waw .....i love robot and vehicle man...wish i can do that
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 479 Posts
    RhandAlThor: Thanks, now go paint them yourself

MattGamer: Thanks, I saw you checked my mentoring thread as well

amer-nazri: Here is another piece for his class.

bluebrian200x: Heya thanks, practicing is the key if you hadn't heard that already You might want to check out my mentoring thread if you want to know how I do my stuff.

Another piece for Jens' class. Again, I chose for one of the more dramatic references. This time went better though I think, I like the result much more than the last one.

Thanks
    always enjoyed your industrial design stuff, but your current speedpaint landscapes are particularly impressive. From a contrast standpoint the most recent one is more interesting because of your choice of lighting.

would be nice to see you work with clouds more and develop them past just swashes in the sky, make them look a little fuller. otherwise good stuff, i'm always impressed with what you have.

Thanks
    GusTheRobot: Thanks for dropping in I'm rather pleased with that last one myself, although you're right about the clouds, they look underdeveloped.

3rd one for Jens class. I'm afraid I haven't got much more time to do a fourth. This time I focused a bit more on the clouds, and used one of m@'s brushes for it. Then I messed up the foreground a bit by losing some of the saturation on the rocks and because of a bad brush setting the trees look like they're doing the hundred mile an hour thing

Thanks
    My oh my~~these are aweeeeesome!
    I personally think there are more dramatic light in your landscape in the recent post, though I am not sure it that because the ref shows so. Anyway, they look just beautiful. I love the canyon(?) in #127, the reflecting light on the rock is lovely.

Great job!!
    It should always be bore in one's mind that he must be responsible for his life........

Welcome to My !!!!!

Thanks
    Unsharpened: Yeah it's the photoreference that looks a bit more attractive than before Not so happy with that one in post 127 though, it doesn't really do the original image justice I think. The rock is too light. Thanks anyway

Here's the last one for Jens class this week. Managed to squeeze it in between work. Tried not to lose myself in the details too much on this one, but the reference was difficult to capture. The thumbnail works fine, but anything bigger and I see all kinds of stuff that looks off and wrong. Took me about 45 min/1 hour.

Attachment 286716

Oh and I finally found out how to put the attachments into my posts in a decent way by just using the paperclip in the 'reply to thread' area of a new post.

lord_regenschirm is offline Brought up in the ancient arts of mouse-painting :D
    Thanks
    Aaaah, what a BEAUTIFUL mountain-skyline! Your post from the 17th of January really got me! Bangin colors ...!
    Cool mix of orientations btw., industrial designs plus landscapes ... ^^

Greez from Berlin

Thanks
    great stuff here man, i really like your palette choices. mount whitney is my favorite out of these studies.
    and it may not be what you were going for, but the bold look on the big boulder in your earlier piece makes it a lot more interesting.

i look forward to more updates!

Thanks
    yoitisi, these are all beautiful! I couldn't get over some of the traditionally colored stuff previously in this thread, but the digital stuff is coming along very nicely as well. Awesome concepts all across the board, from industrial to landscape to character to creature... I'm really kinda envious. You rock!

I will sooooo be coming back to check out more of your work.
    GUILD OF CALAMITOUS INTENT
    - BohemianChaos - | - Jska -
    Check out our sexy sketchbooks!

Thanks
    i really enjoy/hate it when art looks amazing from far away and good from closeup... it seems to be a common trend in ID sketching when really the objective is to convey a great image from across a room and nothing much else. In other news as far as that illio goes it looks to accomplish what it set out to do which is convey the idea of the environment, which is good. suggestions? keep working at it, your images are getting a little blurry, try to get those edges in order a little better.

sidenote: damn guess i missed signup for your mentoring thing. maybe next time that'd be a fun one to participate in.

Thanks
    lord regenschirm: Thanks That one is my favorite as well.

woof: Thanks for stopping by. I do like that boulder now that I look at it again, it just isn't the realistic way I wanted to approach it with.

BohemianChaos: Thanks very much I'm practicing my digital stuff right now as I feel I can learn a lot in that area that will also help my traditional stuff to the next level.

GusTheRobot: Not sure if I get what you meant with that first line, but I think ID drawings do not only have to look good from far away and grab the attention, but in the end some of it has to modeled or build and with only a quick eyecatching sketch this gets a lot harder. You're right about the blurriness, I kind of hurried those last few. And the next mentoring thread I begin...hmm this one is going to last a while I hope

Here's a few scrap pieces I've been working on the last crazy week. Uni managed to set like 4 major deadlines in the space of about 1.5 weeks for three different courses First one is done, currently I'm working on an animation for this monday and then I have to write another two reports...bleh.

3d renders first, I'm not going to say much about those as it has a sort of unwritten NDA about it. Nothing very strict, and these renders don't really say much about the concept itself so I think showing them here is ok. Done with Solidworks in about a day from modeling to rendering. Just noticed the floor is a bit too low, luckily these didn't make it into the final report

Attachment 288694
    Attachment 288696
    Attachment 288695

The next are a couple of thumbnails I managed to squeeze into my schedule for the NVart challenge over at CGSociety. Nothing much to see for anyone but me yet I guess.

Attachment 288698

No speedpaints I'm afraid I am currently glued to my screen for other projects..

Thanks
    Really cool page. I can't draw anything mechanical so I truly enjoy looking through your sketchbook because it inspires me to work at my technical drawings...

Keep the pencil to the paper

Thanks
    The Legendary Left: Will do

Finally I'm free of deadlines for a while, so I've got time to draw something for fun. I've made loads of things the last couple of weeks but sadly I'm not allowed to show anything yet. I was also stupid enough to try my hand at an animation last weekend, 250 drawings (nothing fancy but still) in one day is rather a lot . Shame the result wasn't really worth it, but I learned tons about making an animation so I might do that again someday.

For now, I tried to loosen up by thinking something up for IDW #59: Power Boots, but none of my ideas so far satisfy me. Boots and shoes are damn hard to draw.

Yoitisi's sketches (November 1 - 2010)

Page 11 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast