IDW 0035: Oversized Weaponry - Page 2
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 31 to 49 of 49
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    259
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 34 Times in 15 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    My image is no longer showing, I'm at work just now so won't be able to fix it until tonight. Please don't leave without me guys.

    Adam.

     

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    Pen and Ink

    This is my first post and I would like some imput from you guys.


    Crafted my by a deranged mage the gloves of Lupine Fury were discarded as a failure. Unbeknownst to all its primal influence only works on the weak willed, and grants above all an unequaled yet completely unjustified sense of power. It will turn even the most timid idiot into a bold fighting machine, in their own mind that is.

     

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Omaha Nebraska
    Posts
    702
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 47 Times in 19 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Hershberger
    This is my first post and I would like some imput from you guys.


    Crafted my by a deranged mage the gloves of Lupine Fury were discarded as a failure. Unbeknownst to all its primal influence only works on the weak willed, and grants above all an unequaled yet completely unjustified sense of power. It will turn even the most timid idiot into a bold fighting machine, in their own mind that is.
    i love how you took this in a completely different direction than the rest of us did!

    as for style i like what you have here even though the slight variation in your blacks is kinda distracting, its nice seeing some traditional media imho

     

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Chris, neat concept, i'm not so sure it fits in with industrial design or the "over-sized weaponry" theme though. i might be wrong, i'm a bit new to the weekly contests.

    great idea for the gloves- but do they actually make you powerful or just give you confidence to fight like crazy?

    ATAnderson, i'm sorry i didn't get to see your design, hope you can get it on here again.


    nick

     

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Omaha Nebraska
    Posts
    702
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 47 Times in 19 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gorillis
    Chris, neat concept, i'm not so sure it fits in with industrial design or the "over-sized weaponry" theme though. i might be wrong, i'm a bit new to the weekly contests.

    great idea for the gloves- but do they actually make you powerful or just give you confidence to fight like crazy?

    ATAnderson, i'm sorry i didn't get to see your design, hope you can get it on here again.


    nick
    AHAHAHA!!! i completely forgot about this being 'industrial'... lol, i lose O_O

     

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Edmonton※Alberta※CANADA
    Posts
    1,398
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 174 Times in 55 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Jenny's Punji Killer

    When threatened by menacing evil monstas Jenny simply commands, via mobile phone, her subterranean lurking Punji Killer to aggressively engage threat. Punji Killer reverts to "ready mode" after doing the deed. (Runs on enviroment friendly Li-ion rechargeable batteries.)





    .


    Last edited by FlipMcgee; March 30th, 2007 at 12:51 AM.
     

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Another World
    Posts
    491
    Thanks
    88
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    ATAnderson, wow, that's a great machine concept, again, you are ahead in the game, it's just awesome.

     

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    ATAnderson- wow. nicely done!

     

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    919
    Thanks
    99
    Thanked 378 Times in 63 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    same from me, beautiful ATAnderson!

     

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    In my own thoughts.
    Posts
    1,340
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 551 Times in 248 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    I know I'm way overdate, and I'm not trying to join, but I just did this for fun since it seemed exactly that.

    Beretta modified to fit cannonballs and mounted ontop of a ballista frame.
    Second smaller barrels is costumizable for either infra-red aiming device for non angular/straight shooting
    or light flare with an exact same travel trajectery as the cannonball bullet would have at an angle.
    Selected a wooden carrier frame because if damaged due to knockback or bad terrain it can always be repaired
    with trees found on or around the battlefield. Chances of finding metal are much lower.
    Bullet type was selected to be able to eliminate multiple larger units due to a pinball effect as well as cause structural damage. (crossref nose of sfinx in egypt).
    As well as the ability to keep traversing even after hitting ground hence mowing down a straight line of smaller troops. (crossref civil war, but more effectively).
    Angle can be set precisely due to the system connecting it with the ballista frame. (crossref that old game with two cannons trying to shoot eachother where you had to input the number of degrees to hit the other cannontower)

    http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...ok/SCAN001.jpg

    Crits extremely appreciated, actually, everything constructive appreciated.

    Last edited by Hyskoa; April 5th, 2007 at 07:29 PM.
     

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    toronto, canada
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    dr. strangelove-esque

    http://i13.tinypic.com/44ujgq0.jpg

    what can i say? i was bored in my lecture...

    "upon realizing he was paying far too much for what can, at best, be described as mediocre coffee, mild-mannered Gareth Fowler (HA!) ponies up the dough for an Earth-Scrambler Mk. III high-yield not-so-tactical nuclear warhead and embarks on that which will likely be his final mission against the evil overlords of caffiene."

    Last edited by cry_havoc; April 6th, 2007 at 11:59 AM.
     

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    259
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 34 Times in 15 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Too bad about the poll, great work everyone & thanks for all the nice comments.

    I will give crits/feedback if this does goes to poll.

    Adam.

     

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    salisbury, wiltshire, england
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    Thumbs up nice

    omg i was gona do a post but looking at all these other posts..i dont stand a chance..

    good work guys

    (i wanna be that good when im older )

     

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    In my own thoughts.
    Posts
    1,340
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 551 Times in 248 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Patchy
    omg i was gona do a post but looking at all these other posts..i dont stand a chance..

    good work guys

    (i wanna be that good when im older )

    Post it anyway. As long as you aim to get better, people that even dare to laugh get executed.
    This way you get helpfull advice instead of frustration.
    Which is way more enjoyable, trust me.

     

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Posts
    151
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    nice posts all...


    but what do we need to do to rekindle the IDW... aside from having more consistent entrants (hint hint... myself included)?

    ambition makes you look pretty ugly
     

  16. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    168
    Thanks
    50
    Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    septons war machine




    Septons, An ancient civilitazion half robots, half...?(In fact, anybody knows who the hell are they!) have created an oversized weapon, this weapon shot concentrated plasma very damage!!

     

  17. #47
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    835
    Thanks
    110
    Thanked 311 Times in 113 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Melancholie
    I know I'm way overdate, and I'm not trying to join, but I just did this for fun since it seemed exactly that.

    Beretta modified to fit cannonballs and mounted ontop of a ballista frame.
    Second smaller barrels is costumizable for either infra-red aiming device for non angular/straight shooting
    or light flare with an exact same travel trajectery as the cannonball bullet would have at an angle.
    Selected a wooden carrier frame because if damaged due to knockback or bad terrain it can always be repaired
    with trees found on or around the battlefield. Chances of finding metal are much lower.
    Bullet type was selected to be able to eliminate multiple larger units due to a pinball effect as well as cause structural damage. (crossref nose of sfinx in egypt).
    As well as the ability to keep traversing even after hitting ground hence mowing down a straight line of smaller troops. (crossref civil war, but more effectively).
    Angle can be set precisely due to the system connecting it with the ballista frame. (crossref that old game with two cannons trying to shoot eachother where you had to input the number of degrees to hit the other cannontower)

    http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...ok/SCAN001.jpg

    Crits extremely appreciated, actually, everything constructive appreciated.

    Nice explanation

    For the drawing itself, I can't figure out whats going on. How it should work or how big it is. If a drawing needs some explanation first to figure out what the thing is supposed to do or how it should work, then that is not a good thing right?

    With industrial design its very important to have a nice linequality, so I suggest to work on that as it will also improve your other work.
    I fill a page with just lines everyday and now I can draw pretty straight lines if I have to.

    good luck

     

  18. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    I would like to try something but I'm new to the site, just like to draw, pencil to paper, I'm 17 and don't paint or anything. Is a Pencil drawing acceptable.

     

  19. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    113
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 18 Times in 9 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ATAnderson
    Did my best guys, lots of stuff I still need to do but I have ran out of time.

    Will give crits on other entries in the polls.

    Adam

    BALANOVSKY - Spider Cannon - These 550mm shell cannons were originally designed as static defences. A fundamental flaw in the manufacture made them wildy inaccurate. Before the de-commisioning of these economic catastrophies was complete, bit & parts were salvaged and canabalised from the remaining 18 guns to create smaller mobile versions.

    The cannons were fitted with custom made airburst magnesium alloy scatter shells, which burst over a large area and rain down a blanket of with a white hot chemical induced magnesium, which although makes for an inhumane weapon is very effective at eliminating advancing forces or in some cases entire armoured columns.

    The Balanovsky gets it's nickname from the silver web it throws over it's targets as opposed to the eight legged form it takes on while fully deployed.


    SPEC 'FREAKING' TACULAR

     

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 1

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •