IDW 0035: Oversized Weaponry - Page 2
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My image is no longer showing, I'm at work just now so won't be able to fix it until tonight. Please don't leave without me guys.

Adam.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Pen and Ink

This is my first post and I would like some imput from you guys.

Crafted my by a deranged mage the gloves of Lupine Fury were discarded as a failure. Unbeknownst to all its primal influence only works on the weak willed, and grants above all an unequaled yet completely unjustified sense of power. It will turn even the most timid idiot into a bold fighting machine, in their own mind that is.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Hershberger
    This is my first post and I would like some imput from you guys.

Crafted my by a deranged mage the gloves of Lupine Fury were discarded as a failure. Unbeknownst to all its primal influence only works on the weak willed, and grants above all an unequaled yet completely unjustified sense of power. It will turn even the most timid idiot into a bold fighting machine, in their own mind that is.
    i love how you took this in a completely different direction than the rest of us did!

as for style i like what you have here even though the slight variation in your blacks is kinda distracting, its nice seeing some traditional media imho

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Chris, neat concept, i'm not so sure it fits in with industrial design or the "over-sized weaponry" theme though. i might be wrong, i'm a bit new to the weekly contests.

great idea for the gloves- but do they actually make you powerful or just give you confidence to fight like crazy?

ATAnderson, i'm sorry i didn't get to see your design, hope you can get it on here again.

nick

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by gorillis
    Chris, neat concept, i'm not so sure it fits in with industrial design or the "over-sized weaponry" theme though. i might be wrong, i'm a bit new to the weekly contests.

great idea for the gloves- but do they actually make you powerful or just give you confidence to fight like crazy?

ATAnderson, i'm sorry i didn't get to see your design, hope you can get it on here again.

nick
    AHAHAHA!!! i completely forgot about this being 'industrial'... lol, i lose O_O

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jenny's Punji Killer

When threatened by menacing evil monstas Jenny simply commands, via mobile phone, her subterranean lurking Punji Killer to aggressively engage threat. Punji Killer reverts to "ready mode" after doing the deed. (Runs on enviroment friendly Li-ion rechargeable batteries.)

Last edited by FlipMcgee; March 30th, 2007 at 12:51 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ATAnderson, wow, that's a great machine concept, again, you are ahead in the game, it's just awesome.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ATAnderson- wow. nicely done!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    same from me, beautiful ATAnderson!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I know I'm way overdate, and I'm not trying to join, but I just did this for fun since it seemed exactly that.

Beretta modified to fit cannonballs and mounted ontop of a ballista frame.
    Second smaller barrels is costumizable for either infra-red aiming device for non angular/straight shooting
    or light flare with an exact same travel trajectery as the cannonball bullet would have at an angle.
    Selected a wooden carrier frame because if damaged due to knockback or bad terrain it can always be repaired
    with trees found on or around the battlefield. Chances of finding metal are much lower.
    Bullet type was selected to be able to eliminate multiple larger units due to a pinball effect as well as cause structural damage. (crossref nose of sfinx in egypt).
    As well as the ability to keep traversing even after hitting ground hence mowing down a straight line of smaller troops. (crossref civil war, but more effectively).
    Angle can be set precisely due to the system connecting it with the ballista frame. (crossref that old game with two cannons trying to shoot eachother where you had to input the number of degrees to hit the other cannontower)

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...ok/SCAN001.jpg

Crits extremely appreciated, actually, everything constructive appreciated.

Last edited by Hyskoa; April 5th, 2007 at 07:29 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

dr. strangelove-esque

http://i13.tinypic.com/44ujgq0.jpg

what can i say? i was bored in my lecture...

"upon realizing he was paying far too much for what can, at best, be described as mediocre coffee, mild-mannered Gareth Fowler (HA!) ponies up the dough for an Earth-Scrambler Mk. III high-yield not-so-tactical nuclear warhead and embarks on that which will likely be his final mission against the evil overlords of caffiene."

Last edited by cry_havoc; April 6th, 2007 at 11:59 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Too bad about the poll, great work everyone & thanks for all the nice comments.

I will give crits/feedback if this does goes to poll.

Adam.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs up nice

omg i was gona do a post but looking at all these other posts..i dont stand a chance..

good work guys

(i wanna be that good when im older )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Patchy
    omg i was gona do a post but looking at all these other posts..i dont stand a chance..

good work guys

(i wanna be that good when im older )

Post it anyway. As long as you aim to get better, people that even dare to laugh get executed.
    This way you get helpfull advice instead of frustration.
    Which is way more enjoyable, trust me.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice posts all...

but what do we need to do to rekindle the IDW... aside from having more consistent entrants (hint hint... myself included)?

ambition makes you look pretty ugly

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

septons war machine

Septons, An ancient civilitazion half robots, half...?(In fact, anybody knows who the hell are they!) have created an oversized weapon, this weapon shot concentrated plasma very damage!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Melancholie
    I know I'm way overdate, and I'm not trying to join, but I just did this for fun since it seemed exactly that.

Beretta modified to fit cannonballs and mounted ontop of a ballista frame.
    Second smaller barrels is costumizable for either infra-red aiming device for non angular/straight shooting
    or light flare with an exact same travel trajectery as the cannonball bullet would have at an angle.
    Selected a wooden carrier frame because if damaged due to knockback or bad terrain it can always be repaired
    with trees found on or around the battlefield. Chances of finding metal are much lower.
    Bullet type was selected to be able to eliminate multiple larger units due to a pinball effect as well as cause structural damage. (crossref nose of sfinx in egypt).
    As well as the ability to keep traversing even after hitting ground hence mowing down a straight line of smaller troops. (crossref civil war, but more effectively).
    Angle can be set precisely due to the system connecting it with the ballista frame. (crossref that old game with two cannons trying to shoot eachother where you had to input the number of degrees to hit the other cannontower)

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...ok/SCAN001.jpg

Crits extremely appreciated, actually, everything constructive appreciated.

Nice explanation

For the drawing itself, I can't figure out whats going on. How it should work or how big it is. If a drawing needs some explanation first to figure out what the thing is supposed to do or how it should work, then that is not a good thing right?

With industrial design its very important to have a nice linequality, so I suggest to work on that as it will also improve your other work.
    I fill a page with just lines everyday and now I can draw pretty straight lines if I have to.

good luck

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I would like to try something but I'm new to the site, just like to draw, pencil to paper, I'm 17 and don't paint or anything. Is a Pencil drawing acceptable.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by ATAnderson
    Did my best guys, lots of stuff I still need to do but I have ran out of time.

Will give crits on other entries in the polls.

Adam

BALANOVSKY - Spider Cannon - These 550mm shell cannons were originally designed as static defences. A fundamental flaw in the manufacture made them wildy inaccurate. Before the de-commisioning of these economic catastrophies was complete, bit & parts were salvaged and canabalised from the remaining 18 guns to create smaller mobile versions.

The cannons were fitted with custom made airburst magnesium alloy scatter shells, which burst over a large area and rain down a blanket of with a white hot chemical induced magnesium, which although makes for an inhumane weapon is very effective at eliminating advancing forces or in some cases entire armoured columns.

The Balanovsky gets it's nickname from the silver web it throws over it's targets as opposed to the eight legged form it takes on while fully deployed.

SPEC 'FREAKING' TACULAR

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 1