Art schools in Colorado

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question Art schools in Colorado

Does anybody happen to know of any sort of art school in colorado that could be applied to illustration or matte painting or concept art? Currently im taking a drawing and painting degree at Metro State College of Denver as it is affordable and I have heard has a decent art program.. mainly all I do is figure painting or life drawing... but I fear these principles will not be enough for a career in illustrating or matte painting or something... even if I am becoming better every day.

Thank you for your responses!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If the training you are getting is in traditional representational art, you will be in very good shape to add what you need for concept art. Be sure you understand and can apply the principles of perspective, and and can apply them to structural drawing. Your training in rep painting should include a solid understanding of tonal pattern, and color theory, including the use of warm and cool to turn forms in space. To be good at matte painting you need to be a good representational painter.

I don't know Colorado schools and can't help with the rest... but computer courses aren't that hard to find.Are you painting still life and landscapes as well as the figure? Are you keeping a sketchbook? Will later drawing and painting courses include anatomy? Hands and feet? Drawing and painting portraits?You are very lucky if you can simply immerse yourself in all of this. If you really understand visual language - and have imagination- the rest will be easy.

Last edited by Maxine Schacker; March 14th, 2007 at 09:57 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That is probably the best news I have heard in awhile. Thanks you for that! Every question you just asked me to ask myself applies to what I am learning and doing. Thanks! I've had some awesome responses in other questions I've asked... in case anyone notices this one is similar... but I was being vague. So this clears it up. Thanks again Maxine Schacker

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.