EOW#48 The LIbrary of the Lost SeaScrolls --POLL

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: EOW #48 Library of the lost sea scrolls

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zhiwang

0 0%
  • cgoz

9 15.25%
  • Corrick

18 30.51%
  • CeeJay

4 6.78%
  • Chaosrocks

3 5.08%
  • Life on the Sofa

0 0%
  • Longxiang

2 3.39%
  • Main Loop

2 3.39%
  • Robmorphin

1 1.69%
  • yAnimator

19 32.20%
  • [tOrc]

1 1.69%
  • D-Holme

0 0%
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Zhiwang

cgoz

Corrick

The story goes that when Atlantis fell into the sea and scattered in pieces to ruin on the abyssal plain, a coral reef sprung up around the devastation. Said to have grown from the souls of atlantean historians, the mammoth encrustations bear the burden of Atlantean history inside carefully nested scrolls. Those daring enough to tread on such hallowed ground far beneath the atlantic can still find their way by the illumination of the "Ancients", giant stone monoliths standing as light-crested sentinels around their sacred charge.

CeeJay

Chaosrocks

When the learned Dr. concluded that the waters were about to inevitably advance on ill fated atlantis.. he excelerated his plan to code the entire library in to the DNA of the Giant seascroll. His experiments wer so successfull that thougsands of years late when the lost city was found the gaint fanlike plumes towered over the city... it took the genius of another scientist to realize that the incredibly strange genitic code in thesse beautiful plants was in fact a readable language. The secret s of the lost city revealed.

Life_on_the-Sofa

here is the only documented image of the library of the coveted dead sea scrolls, the famous bamboo doors are the ominous entrance to the oldest and most important scrolls knowen to man. the library is located in a deep under water cave under the south pacific ocean formed by volcanic action at the start of the earths creation, the original creators and owners of the dead sea scroll somehow managed to burrow 10ft high and 9 foot wide cave systems into the deepest parts of the earts crust allowing them, and them alone acces to the famous scrolls

Longxiang

Here lies the sunken Libralis Digitalis, the world's greatest repository of knowledge about the deadly digitalis, or foxglove.

Where it has gone to, no one can say. And where is the night watchman who should have been here at 5:30? And who will dispense coffee at the corner Starbucks? (Every library has a Starbucks.)

And what become of my late aunt's new straw hat that should have come to me? Somebody pinched it; and what I say is, them as pinched it done her in.

These and other mysteries may never be answered, as the whole facility has been lost, perhaps forever.

Main Loop

Robmorphin

Atlantis laid underground below the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean, the descendants of the survivors have over time mutated and just 8 years ago they have found the library of the Lost Sea Scrolls as part of an underground underwater cave, all their wisdom, all their power, all their magic and all their knowledge has been found, so vast is that power that Atlantis will soon come back to the surface and they will control the Earth once more.

yAnimator

An expedition to the Antarctic was made in an attempt to recover the lost scrolls from the advanced civilization which was thought to be destroyed by the angry Gods. A civilization that had documented all of it's technological advances onto these scrolls. Once discovered, the crew placed all the scrolls inside empty wine bottles to prevent any further damage to the already aging scrolls. Along the way back, pirates which had tailed the expedition laid in ambush waiting to attack.

The expedition's crew not wanting the lost technology to fall in the wrong hands decided they must rid the ship of all knowledge of the scrolls. All the wine bottles which held the precious scrolls were tossed into the ocean. Most ended up in the bottom of the ocean to be completely forgotten. However, there were still some that were left floating, scattered along the water's surface. These were the bottles which could not be uncorked in last moments remaining. These corked bottles protecting the precious secrets of the scrolls inside may still yet be left to be found.

The remaining library of the lost sea scrolls.

[tOrc]

The city of Atlantis was about to become the Lost city of Atlantis yet only one person paid attention to the signs: a former lord of Atlantis demoted to a position in the Imperial Library. The Chief Librarian had no scorn for his position because he knew the true power of what he guarded: scrolls that held the secrets of Atlantean life and technology - the very foundation upon which Atlantis grew.

His foresight lead him to commit a felonious act (not that anyone would be around prosecute him), he stole the scrolls and fled to hide the Scrolls written by General Karnus ef Nimeau Magii away from all. Somewhere in the frigid depths of the northern hemisphere he bore the scrolls. A secret cavern, from his long past reign, was built for his pet (Lerumokai) - a supposedly extinct ferocious and ill-tempered creature with a salamander-like build that was rumored to have such fierce loyalty it would even sacrifice itself knowingly to allow their masters to escape - is where the scrolls were suspended. It is said that the suspension, similar to the propulsion system used in Atlantis, utilizes a special type of rare crystal (referenced in slang as crysalid however the real name and makeup remain unknown).

In this cavern where blood moves like molasses, the solitude of the once great chieftain and his lone pet has driven them both into bitter spirits. Only two have ever found this place, two young Atlanteans. The straggler was severely injured, missing several appendages, but survived long enough to recount part of their expedition to the medical staff between seizures and screams of terror (thought to be due to the extreme trauma induced by encountering a Lerumokai, the patient gave hours of bloody shouts about mystical blue glowing horns and piercing white eyes before passing. Lerumokai are suspected to have luminous horns however the optical description is new). It seems the librarian keeps watch from a balcony above the single entrance, his eyes glowing with an icy evil, holding his staff as a statue.

All accounts of this place are under extreme debate as many believe all evidence should be destroyed to keep others from a similar fate. As the city of Atlantis vanished in the deep blue the Chief Librarian knew he has a dismal future ahead of himself. He could not let the scrolls be destroyed and yet no one was worthy to read them and due to the concentration of crysalid structures in the cavern his life span would verge on immortality.

D-Holme
    At the centre of the raging maelstrom a single tower stands, all that’s left of the great city of Atlantis, lost to the waves so many centuries ago. Home only to a myriad of gulls and the solitary remaining Lord of Atlantis on his lonely vigil. The tower serves one purpose, to preserve the vaulted lore of the Atlantian nobility and the secrets of their power – the Lost Scrolls of the Sea.

close to rejection- Zhiwang

To see the world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wildflower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

Sketch book

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...ight=chaos%27s

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    so many of these are brilliantly done. perfect compositions! but yanimator takes the cake

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    tOrc I voted for you, because I think your piece has the potential to become a great piece. I made an excepetion, because obviously your piece is not really developed far enough to be a real contender. But I think out of all the pieces here, yours is the most... well, a place I'd like to visit! Next time, put some more effort in it, and you could have a real winner!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was torn between Corrick and D holme. I like the graphic style a lot. went with corrick. yAnimators is nice. but almost to shiny and pretty, it doesn't really say Library to me.

To see the world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wildflower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

Sketch book

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i was very torn between mine and yanimators( hehe), lol u know im kidding i wouldnt vote for myself thats just plain stupid, especialy considering i didnt even think it would be taken to poll because it was rubbish and i spentg so little time on it ....any way voted for yanimator GOOD IDEA, GREAT ANGLE

lense flare this bitch

GOT BRUSHES?..share them here> >CUSTOM BRUSH THREAD!

:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Voted for Longxiang. While I do have a slight issue with the scale I like the concept. yAnimator certainly had a strong piece however I felt the interpretation was a bit too far for a library.

dragon4lunch, I appreciate the vote. I certainly agree that it can't really be considered a contender - I just kept having too many things to attend to and as a result it's sitting in a very unfinished stage. Then I thought I would have enough time that evening to finish it but that didn't even work out; looking back on it now I think perhaps I shouldn't have posted it due to it's very unfinished state. At any rate I may still work on it on the side pending I've the time.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    {tOrc}.. just finish the next one

chaos

Sketch book

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My vote would have to go to either corrick or mainloop. I like mainloops painting, but corrick's idea/concept is pretty solid. I can't come to a decision yet.

Thanks for the suggestions and feedback. The next one sounds like fun. I haven't had a chance to rough out anything yet. Still have some tasks on hand to finish off. =)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This was a hard decision...

Went with cgoz. Great atmosphere, very spooky, and very "dead" It definitely reminds one that who or whatever left the scrolls there did it a long time ago and is no longer around. I especially like the chains, holding them down, probably forever. I don't mind the sparseness of the environment either. It works.

Chaos, easily my favorite in terms of texture and feeling. The seascroll is quite lovely.
    Zhiwang, this has potential all over it. It's hard to go back to a piece and complete it, but I can see this looking amazing after a few more hours of attention.
    Mainloop, the tower on the left is very cool, very grand-scale and I love the overall environment. The tower on the right however kills the perspective. Overall though, very nice atmosphere.
    [t0rc], I dug the story. Your rendering came out a bit flat, but I can see it coming out nicely with a little more of the volumes filled in.
    yAnimator, if this was the "Arctic Expedition" EOW, I'd have voted for you in a second. This reminds me of "At The Mountains Of Madness", illustrated perfectly. Your yardarms are cut off though, a detail that kinda messes with the composition...

Thanks for the comments, and votes. Great round, everyone... again, well done Chaos!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    voted for cgoz, nice, simple, very original,really liked that they were floating & lighted words.

corrick, your piece was very nice, but the location of the scrolls didn't convince me that much.

ceejay, nice piece arrangement.

yanimator, I would have voted for yours but it doesn't have libary in it.

D-Holme, very nice illustration.

torc, nice piece, maybe you can continue it in the EOW #48 (if allowed), you are half theway already.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ohh yeah 0 votes thats exactly how many i wanted! wooop how did you all know?...ahh i love you all......(hehe suckers they all fell for my 0 votes trap)

(an insane)
    sofa

lense flare this bitch

GOT BRUSHES?..share them here> >CUSTOM BRUSH THREAD!

:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks corrick and robmorfin for your comments and yAnimator, congrats man..next contest seems cool too, see you there

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I can't call this one yet its too close

Sketch book

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.