Art: some new photos
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: some new photos

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

some new photos

hey again,

thanks to everyone who checked out my last thread and posted advice and such. i went shooting again the other day, here's the results. i applied some of the advice given on the last thread, tell me what you guys think. thanks for your time

Attached Images Attached Images          
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the second and third have the most potential ....in the third you should'v ,imo, focus on the that dirty rag ...becouse it drows the atention the most ...

but hey ...keep practecing

and let us see the result's

My guarding angel is a double agent !!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    very cool photos, you certainly have the "eye". like the almost abstract feel to them and the "analog" impression.

the second has great textures and an interesting composition - i also like that the top is lighter than the bottom, keeps it from getting unbalanced. great shot!

third has wonderful colors - not sure whether the focus should have been on the rag or not, though. i guess, i would've loved two version of it and then put them next to each other. but maybe that's just because i like doing that... anyway, very good photo, too.

the fourth has that abstract feel again, which i really like. one thing that's always tough with photographing straight lines is getting the perspective controlled. in this case i'm not sure whether i would've preferred the border between black and white stones totally horizontal. is that the same building as in the first one? great picture.

last one has a very special thing going on - normally i prefer technically "clean" pictures, but the red/white has a cool dynamic in that one and i kind of like that it didn't become a "regular puppy shot", if that's understandable...

great ones! want to see more!
    cheers,

stine

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    morning all!! I really like the photos here, bar the last one and i will get on to that in a minit. They all for some reason feel very filmy photos? were these taken on film or digital?
    the 2nd 3rd and 4th are my personal f averts, I love the texture and the contrast on 2, 3 again the smoothness of the sky and pars of the photo and the vivid rusty colour. I to think that if the cloth had of been in focus it would of been a little bit better, till a great shot though.
    Finlay, I like the clean lines and the angles on the 3rd

I don't really like the first due to the focus issue. If you had managed to focus on the bars and get the texture in there that would of been great.
    And the dog shot, same as above, there is nothing wrong with it, but its personal to you and doesnt realy say a lot to me
    Sam

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks guys. yeah with the bar shot i tried focusing on the bars, but i dont know how/if i can do that with my digi, so i just tried doing it on ps, i'll try again tho.

i see now what you guys mean about the rag, thing is i didnt really consider it when i took the picture, i was focusing more on the lines. i'll try again (hope that rag is still there) and see if i can focus more on the rag.

the dog shot was more of a snapshot i took months ago but i just liked how the lines and composition came out so i thought i'd include it.

thanks for the replies and help so far guys, i really appreciate it

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    number 2 is all texture, love that

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.