Conceptart.org member brush libraries. Do your part!

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 307 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Conceptart.org member brush libraries. Do your part!

Because there are so many talented painter users here, it only seems right that we should start sharing our brush libraries. I can think of tons of people here who've made artwork in Painter and left me thinking "I want some of that." I've always used my own custom brush sets but I know I absolutely hit the roof when I tried out Seegmiller's and Feeb's. Painter's brush options are nearly infinite. Sharing our brushes would also increase our understanding of what those brushes can do.

All you need to do is arange your custom brushes into a folder or multiple folders and zip them up and upload them. Post the link and you're done. I know I've put my sets up a couple of times here but I'll do it again tonight as I've made some new ones.

Come on people. Time to act all brotherly and shit.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Exo,

Here is a link for you and another to down load my latest set of brushes which have just been released;

The first link is to Shane Caudle's home page where you can down load his Concept Art brushes for Painter 6 (PC) (though some of you may already have these). Although the majority of Shane's brushes will not work correctly in Painter 7 (due to major differences in the watercolor brush engine), they will work similarly in Painter 8 (PC) (use the 'import' brushes option). You may also need to increase the grain value on some of the brushes and reset/resave the grey-scale values. Unfortunately there is no option as yet in Painter 8 to use the custom palettes feature (as originally intended with these brushes);

Click here to go to Shane's homepage.

The second link is to down load my library of markers and related brushes. These are for Painter 8 only, and have been developed using Shane's 'Prisma' marker variants as a starting point. Most of the variants in both libraries use the 'digital wet' method in Painter 8 (the same method used for the default 'Digital Water Color' brushes). I have also included a very comprehensive FAQ with the brushes which should open in your web browser;

Click here to down load zip file.

David

Update.

The above PriZe DW Markers library has now been modified due to issues over color saving and I have also made some setting changes in the DWG Markers category, which had previously been overlooked. The variants do not revert to a previously saved color now.

If you previously down loaded this library, please delete the originals (PriZe DW Markers and the original FAQ, which has also been updated) and download/install the modified brush library from the new folder. The new brush library has the same name, but the down load folder is entitled 'PriZe_Markers_Mod.zip'.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Last edited by sandman; July 22nd, 2003 at 10:25 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 307 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Nice! The second I tried posting mine, the trial period on my compression program expired.

But still, is it just me or does anyone else feel that there should be a large archive of all things Painter?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    painter X compatible brushes anyone?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Can we expand this to include palettes as well?

I've been making a few brushes as of late, but I don't have anything resembling a library.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.