James Zhang i have a question for you

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Thanked 1,197 Times in 254 Posts

James Zhang i have a question for you

I was wondering what this image:
    http://www.conceptart.org/artist/jam...s-zhang-9b.jpg was for. I know your currently doing lucas art's stuff, but this one doesn't seem lucas related. I'd be interested in seeing some more related images

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    jaymz Guest
    Hey Davi...

That's just a pen/marker drawing I did a while back. It started off as a doodle just experimenting with marker colors, but I turned it into a fantasy demon guy. At the time I was working on Star Wars stuff...so it was kind of a break from spaceships and robots.

As for similar images...I do have some more fantasy, character design type stuff for the game I'm working on now. You can check it out at: http://www.lucasarts.com/products/gladius/

best,

-J

Thanks
    Wow, that game looks pretty cool! When I first checked out that site I thought "Oh no! A gladiator game...talk about an uninspired idea..."
    Well, when I read that it was a turn-based RPG, I had to change my mind. And then I saw the concept art...hehe

Cool game...too bad the site doesn't say anything about PC - that means I won't be playing it :/

jaymz Guest
    Yeah...LucasArts has kind of shifted focus as of late. Console is just where the money is at for most of these types of games. Games like Gladius will probably not see a PC version unless it is extremely successful. However, as far as PCs go, Lucas is expecting Star Wars Galaxies to be a huge hit.

-J

Thanks
    The reason why they make console games instead: It's too easy to pirate the PC games, and "everyone" does (well, that's not true, but I believe that A LOT of people do).
    <rant>
    If everyone who is playing a PC game would buy it, the companies would make a lot more money, I'm afraid. :/
    Same thing with music, movies, programs, etc...
    If everyone would be honest and buy the stuff they use, I guess we could expect more interesting stuff (the companies would be able to afford developing something which may not be successful).
    </rant>

Thanks
    Thanked 1,197 Times in 254 Posts
    To be honest gladius is one of the top 10 games i'm craving for(others are Age of mythology, gta3:vice, The get away, Battlefield 1942, Mario sunshine, Metroid, Stalker, WoW, Shinobi), so I'm very much aware of your art on it..being that i have all of them saved on my hard drive and view them alot

You should draw more demon guys because they are awesome

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.