Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Official RP Thread

Concept Art Rpg:

Rough Guide:

What is this RPG?
    - RPG is short for Role playing game, this is basically a game where you play a character and guide them around a fictious world interacting with other players.

So umm how does it work?
    - This particular Rpg is text based – which means simply that you are in essance writing a story from your characters point of view. Except everyone else is doing the same, so you don’t have to think as much.

So what has it got to do with concept art?
    -It is basically an oppertunity to improve your illustration skills, using the story as a basis.
    -You dont have to take part in the RP do draw and visa versa (you dont have to draw to take part in the storyline)

So how do I start?
    - First you must design a character using the following critera (as this is an art based thing you must also DRAW your own character, (using other peoples is not allowed.) and post it in the character creation thread, where it will be accepted or declined – this will be decided on the character mainly, not on artistic skill (though it does help if your character is human and you are capable of drawing humans)

Whats all this lingo i am reading?
    - OCC stands for Out of Character Chat - this is for when you need to talk to people as yourself not your character. This is done by using [[ or (( in combination with OCC i.e.
    [[OCC: should we take our characters to the tavern?CC]]
    - NPC - None Person Character: these are passing characters such as bar keepers that part in the rp is so small that it would be silly for someone to create a character sheet for them. Everyone can control these people. There is of course an exception for NPC's that are essential to the plot. In which case someone will be assigned to control them.
    -GOD MODDING: is taking control of someone else's character, this is annoying, don't do it.

-
    - Name: (self explanitory)
    - Gender: (self explanitory but if you are a robot or other species devoid of gender please state it somewhere)
    - Race: (self explanitory - if it is a made up species please outline its characteristics here.)
    - Description + picture: (you MUST use your own artwork for the picture, description must be at least a paragraph. You can post the character bio before you have a picture ready but before it is entered into the RP there must be a picture to accompany it.)
    - Personality: (self explanitory)
    - History: (self explanitory)
    - Weapons/powers: (self explanitory)
    - Misc Info: (this is just for anything that doesn't fit into the other catagories)

Then what?
    - Once your character has been approved then you are free to jump into the RP itself. The rules for the Rp is as follows:
    - Please be literate – one line replies are hard to reply to. Txt sp3aKe is STRICTLY forbidden. Everyone makes spelling mistakes and typos but try to keep them to a minimum.
    - This is not a dating site please keep any sexual themes short and vauge. Violence, Romance and Bad Language are allowed but please be sensible about it.
    - The world the Rp is set in will have some parameters that you will need to take notice of. These will be placed somewhere in the World description.
    - If you are going to be offline for any amount of time please let someone know and remove your character from immediate contact with the others until you return. So things are not left hanging waiting for you.
    - DO NOT GOD MOD – ie controlling someone elses character without their permisson. (the storyteller reserves the right to nudge the Rp in the right direction should it get off track)
    - DO NOT KILL OTHER PEOPLES CHARACTERS without their express permisson.
    - If you are playing more than one character please post in a different colour .
    - No more than 3 characters per person.
    - NPC characters are allowed in addition to the 3 characters but please keep their part in the rp short and sweet.
    - OCC chats are allowed but please keep it to a minimum.
    Edit/Delete Message

- Bit of extra information from the good old wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role_playing_games

The world you live in:

The cities, vast matropolis's full of blooming technology, sky scrapers line the roads reaching into the heavens, piercing the clouds as the song of monks and nuns rings though the air. They pray to a god to clense the souls of the worthy as robots watch, waiting for the song to end so they may use the same space to worship their own God. The people of the city, go about their daily lives, partly fearing what is on the other side of the wall that marks the perimieter of their great city home. For they do not understand the ways of the people that live in the wilderness, for there is a place of magic, where small communities live in harmony with nature and adept in the casting of spells.

Neither community can win the power struggle, for when a new technology gives the cities an upper hand, nature seems to deal the wilderness with magic to couteract it.

Politics:
    In the city there would be:
    Parliament that makes laws and rules over the city consisting of a representative from each race, each race also having a number of different 'parties' that are voted in or out of power by other members of their race.

So everyone has more or less equal oppertunities. Obviously like any major city certain area's are more upmarket than others and problems can occur in the bad bit of town

In the wilderness:
    Beings live in small tribes with their own cultures/taboo's led more or less by the village/tribe elders. Not all of the tribes get on - and wars will break out on occasion, but this anemity is put aside when the city makes a foray into the wilderness. The tribes will join ranks to proctect themselves.

Last edited by kovah; April 26th, 2007 at 06:07 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Aysel silently made her way into the vast booming metropolis where so many creatures resided in harmony. Almost anyway.
    The small cat had lived in both the city and the wilderness during her long years on the planet. Watched leaders rise and fall from power and wars be won and lost on both sides of the wall.
    If she had to pick her alligience it would probably be to the forest, but she was flexible and as taciturn as any feline. Though her nature was perhaps a little more demonic than her outside apperance let on.

She was a medium sized calico female cat. Her only feature that was perhaps out of the ordinay was her ice blue eyes that seemed to almost pierce the soul of those who looked into them and few seemed to be able to stand up to the scrutiny of her gaze, before looking away and shaking themselves. Reminding themself that she was after all just a cat. Most never found out the truth and that suited Aysel fine.

She meandered along the street, avioding being stepped on by busy feet with a maximum of grace, she was in the lower parts of the city and thus the people that lived her were the workforce and unemployed of the denizens of the city. She kept on the outskirts of this particular part of town, for venturing futher in one only ran into trouble. This she had found out on numerous occasions.

She jumped onto a small wall for a time, watching the people go past, getting the occasional glance from passers-by. Animals were not all that common in the city but there was a sizable cat population due to the infestation of rats and roaches the size of mice that had almost periodical plauges throughout the citys nether-regions. As soon as the denizens of the city realised that pesticides were no longer working, cats seemed to be the answer and it worked resonably well.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Suddently a gust swept by the lower levels of the street, and alongside with it, a stranger dressed in a black, weatherworn cape and a big, but rather fine straw hat. There was little indicating that this man was no other than a commoneer. Yet when you got up close, you would feel a touch of curiousity by his presence. For as you got close, you could see that this was no ordinary man, if a man at all. Yet he walked untamingly through the streets like an average joe, going about his buisness.

He was heading towards a dark alley, as he cought eye contact with a cat, sitting on a nearby fence. She looked at him with a cold, blue gaze, as if she could see straight through him. He stopped for a second, and nodding his hat as a greeting, yet it was just a ordinary pet. Or was it. The shady man knew otherwise. A gently smile could be seen beneath the large hat, as he continued along his path through the dark alley, which ended in a tunnel on the opposit side...

Official RP Thread

((Thought it would be really cool and interesting if we added illustrations to the scenes and enviornments we put our characters in. Also think it will be easier for the readers to get the picture of whats going on, since we RP'ers have a habbit for using difficult and complex language. And what the heck, this is an artist forum right? I'll take the pic away if anyone objects, though concider my idea.))

Last edited by Wolfbane; March 8th, 2007 at 08:13 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Post Grick's 1st entry

In the Mech District of the city, Grick had no choice but to be aloft in the shadows; running from place to place in attempts to maintain his freedom. His ‘retribution detonation’ had stirred up quite a bit of animosity with not only the Mech’s divisions of automation security, but had caused blackouts in three other sectors as well. This action made him a marked man. The stress was getting to him. He had scrounged up what was left of his custom made arsenal before they stormed his apartment as he ran to the outskirts of the Mech districts housing.

After several weeks of searching, the Mech Soldiers security force was given the stand down from level 3 searches for him. This by no means gave a sigh of relief, as the level two did random electron diode gamma ray scans over two thirds of the city once a day. With him being one quarter mechanical himself, the electronic resonance of his cyborg quarter could be detected very easily. Each cyborg gives off a very specific frequency, almost like a fingerprint. Luckily, he had an EMP device that could temporarily grant him asylum for about six hours, long enough to run to another sector entirely. But his home was the Mech district, and he often found himself cloaked in isolation at the local ‘watering hole’, called the Rathskeller Passage. Again he only had what few credits were left from his last paycheck, and knew where he was going if he didn’t find a job soon, but matters would only get worse since every job in the city logged employees taxes and serial numbers, undoubtedly he’d get caught for sure.

Over his last one and a half credits; that were sitting on the table in front of him in a glass, he pondered if the city life was worth all the hassle. If running until he was killed, was worth dying for freedom. Getting out of the city would be tricky. He could download the security specifics from his cyborg interface, but security was notorious for keeping patchy records, just incase criminals wanted to escape.

“Just for those like me”, he said sipping down the last bit of his ‘blue concoction’.

He needed someone to help him escape, but aiding a criminal’s escape meant getting recycled and getting caught meant ‘live disassembly’. The thought made him uneasy in the shiny metal chair.

Over in the distance, several worker bots seemed to hover around filling drink requests, some busting tables, and the bar tender an old friend from Grick’s engineering school that always gave Grick a discount on his favorite drink. The Bartender dropped out after he saw what they did to those that didn’t follow exact specifications, and decided the smart way out was to get a job that won’t kill him. Grick had wished he was in the bartender’s job, he’d be a whole human; for one, and he would not be a criminal either. He never once regretted the decision to send the plant a sunder, just that he almost died in the process. Again a slight miscalculation of one too many parts per million of zaragon compound-6, caused the blast to cause nearly three times the explosive blast. This undoubtedly caused the escape route to be compromised.

His plot was discovered after an investigation found blueprints in his locker at the plant’s Mech security division.

“Locker 101453, damn thing.”
    He couldn’t get the piece of shit to open, to get the blueprints out. If he had, the explosion would have sealed his alibi of being in the wrong place at the right time. ‘Oh well, better luck next life, I guess’; he thought.

The door to the Rathskeller Passage swung open, and a rustling wind blew tabs around the barroom.

((Will post B&W sometime monday or so))

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ((I think its a great idea to have pictures, but not making it mandatory because not everyone has the time to do them. i.e me but will try when i get a spare bit of time.))

Aysel watched the man pass by her at first with the same contempt that she afforded the rest of the population and the nod in greeting took her somewhat by suprise, it was a long time since she had, had such a thing from a humanoid life form. The last being that had greeted her like that was a large purple slug on the edge of the wilderness. Apprently he had once been a tribal mage who set a plauge on the village of the woman who scorned him and thus was turned into the slug by the survivors. Anyway her thoughts ran away with her. Aysel got to her paws and silently caught up with the stranger and walked along side. Her keen eyes picking through the darkness that was gathering as they approached the tunnel.

"Not many humanoids greet me in such a way" she said to him, her words were cool and calulating, but strangely seductive. "Which probably makes you worth talking too. Am i right stranger?"

((Will get to how she is ablle to talk to people later on))

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ... He kept his eyes peeled forward as the cat was following him on his right side. A gentle smirk could be seen, forming beneath the large hat."My name is Chuún", he said with a foreign accent, without looking down at the talking creature. He didn't seem to be surprised that the cute little creature could talk. It was as if he knew it all along. "I'm visiting a friend", he said out of nowhere.it took a while before he turned down at the talking animal and continued. "It's not far, come", he spoke in short and strict sentances.

They were standing in front of a tunnel, which led to a door, further in. The walls were covered in rust and the air was filled with fungus. It didn't seem very inviting at first glance. They approached the door where the stranger stopped, turing towards the cat with the same expression he had before. As if he was waiting for her to respond...

((pic coming up tomorrow, need to go to bed >_> ))

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "You may address me as Aysel" she replied, a little surprised that he didn't have a little hissy fit like many of the beings she talked to. Talking moggies were not particulary common. She shook herself a little and followed him into the tunnel grimacing slightly at the dampness all around her in the tunnel.

"Well are you going to open the door, since you have the advantage of oppsable thumbs and and that the door handle is more your height" she said with a hint of annoyance.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The door let in the blinding multi-colored lights from outside in, telling Grick nighttime was coming soon. The wind came to a crisp hault as the doors' pneumatics hissed closed in a four sectional door designed for security. The tall figure shined in the rooms black lighting above it, was a security drone!

Grick slowly rose from the table as his nerves were getting the best of him. He turned his body around, pulled down his long sleeve covering his cyborg arm, and walked towards the back of the room where the five bathrooms lined up in a row.

He knew there was a long tall window in the humans bathroom, but lacked the conscious choice at the time, of which one it was and opened the Gorlon bathroom. A Female was using the facility and yelled out a shriek catching the drone's attention. The drone came closer as Grick searched for the human shaped door handle. He went over to it on the far left and got inside.

He began to tamper with the windows latching and managed to get it open but he was too big to fit in the window.

"I guess it's time to compromise."

He pulled out his pistol and aimed it at the latching. An alarm beeped in his head signaling that a scan was being done by the drone directly outside the bathroom stall.

"Shit!" He pulled out his other pistol, and turned around aimed them both at the door. Another alarm rang off in his head signalling that reinforcements were en route to the rathskeller passage.

"Ok, tin can, time to make an exit song!"

With four shots his pistol blew the door off the bathroom stall knocking the drone on the floor. As the drone began to get up, Grick fired six more shots causing the room to fill with sparks and the smoke from the drones destruction.

"Sorry, Daneckus; have to run, I guess this means the humans bathrooms' out of order. You know how my life is now. I will see you sometime soon, if you need me, you know how to get in contact."

"Aye mate! Off with ya before you traumatize any more of my patrons, I may have to reconfigure the bots to withstand your friggin' arsenal blasts. Its the third time this week."

Grick headed for the door.

((OCC: Is Aysel and Chuun going to Rathskeller passage? P.s. Rathskeller=watering, passage=hole a bit of language fun))

Last edited by AbstractPagan; March 12th, 2007 at 04:52 AM.
    We must become the changes that we want to see.
    -Ghandi

There is no force greater than I.

My website and artwork

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Lightbulb City Pic B&W

Here's the city pic rough draft. You can't see it too well, but in the lower left hand corner I have prilims on Aysel and Chuun walking together. Will work on this again tonight at work. I am very pleased with the outcome of the city pic (its the first environment I have done in eons. I never got the depth I like to have when I do these things)

Official RP Thread

Its not hi res now but after a B&W and kicking it up and compressing it it should be very nice.

((The pyramid in the distance was that religious temple Kovah spoke about in his world description, I thought it was a cool concept, any comments or suggestions?))

Last edited by AbstractPagan; March 13th, 2007 at 03:54 PM. Reason: finished the last bit of BW not shading yet or color but soon maybe?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    (( I'm sorry I didn't post earlier, but I was on a trip this weekend and couldn't make it to a computer. I was going to post just now, but I'm a little confused about something. Are Chuun and Aysel supposed to be going into the bar Grick is in?))

-----------------------------------------------------
    portfolio=ORANGEMANTIS.COM
    Blog
    SKETCHBOOK

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ((How about they are just outside a side door to the bar, the tunnel being like a second entrance to it. And they are about to enter it and Grick is about to exit is. Which will of course result in them meeting))

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    On the roof of the bar in the slanting slats of evening sun sat a shadowy figure. Her violet eyes squinted against the glare as she surveyed the hustle and bustle of the Great City's ground level below her. This wide rooftop on the edge of the vast metropolis was one of the few places the afternoon sun ever reached anymore. Further into the city the buildings were so tall that the the sunlight never reached the ground there, even at high noon. Mackie shivered. Out here on the edge of the city she felt exposed and vulnerable. It felt somehow unnatural to be without the protective loom of the skyscrapers and the violently orange sky seemed to hang oppressively over her head.

She crawled under an overhang on the roof and lay on her side in the comforting shadow for a moment, hugging her knees to her chest and shivvering. Suddenly she froze. With her ear pressed to the concrete she heard faint vibrations of sound. People shouting! Gunshots! Danger! She quickly sat up and grabbed her gun, KVVL. Years of living in this shadowy world had made survival instinctual and automatic for her. There was trouble in the bar and she didn't want to be caught up in the middle of it. She had to get away from here! As the last rays of the sunset dissolved into faint stars over the flashing city lights she sprang up and ran accross the rooftop, one foot quietly lighting on the concrete after the other. She had done this hundreds of times before. Run. Eat. Sleep. Watch. Avoid. Except...a slight misstep and the solid concrete betrayed her. It crumbled and suddenly she was falling! She hit the hard ground with a harsh "thud" and a few "cracks" and "grumbles" as the concrete chunks hit the ground after her. As the dust slowly settled, she began to realize that she must be in some sort of tunnel on the side of the bar.

Last edited by Katfayheirti; March 13th, 2007 at 07:05 PM.

Blog
    SKETCHBOOK

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

As the smoke began to be filtered by the air conditioning, Grick activated the motion sensors for the door. With a hiss he stood at the exit for a moment to make sure no more Drones were near the door. He looked back at the Drone he had recently destroyed, watching the bussing robots sweep up the scattered parts into their dustpans.

"Where is Chuun? He was supposed to be here an hour ago. Taking his time probably."

He took three jogging steps to the outside as the last beam of sunlight fell behind the Great Temple in the distance. The back tunnel exit always had atleast two beggars, most of the time an alien unaccustomed to the city life, trying to get back on their 'feet'. A tall shadow walked up pacing itself and a smaller shadow walked next to it, heading calmly towards Grick.

Grick raised the pistol in his left hand nervously at the shadows that were approaching.

"Chuun?"

As his words were just finished a crashing sound came from behind him, someone had fallen from the roof through the tunnel ceiling.

((I figured I would fill the blank about why Grick was waiting at the bar, possibly for a contact to get out of the city?))

Last edited by AbstractPagan; March 12th, 2007 at 10:39 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Aysel's keen eyes pierced the gloom of of the tunnel and surveyed the man in front of them, she looked him up and down from head to toe...a cyborg she thought. Interesting She left Chuún's side and was about to make a closer inspection of the cyborg when a crash behind them resulted in a girl being dropped into the tunnel.

She turned to gaze at the accidental newcomer and slowly padded over, cautious yet confident a the same time. Her tail swishing slightly as she walked stepping delicately over the debris that now entered the tunnel. She climbed onto the girls chest and looked directly into her eyes, her face less than two inches from the humans.
    "Didn't your mother ever tell you to always look before you leap?" Aysel said clearly. Ignoring the two men for the moment, she was completely focused on the girl.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Grick adjusted his cyborg eye and focused on the shadowy figure that was approaching. He was right, it was Chuun. He lowered both his pistols and leaned over slightly looking behind Chuun for any Drones behind him.

"Who's the cat?" he said unsurprised that it spoke, and that Chuun had picked up another seemingly stray animal in his walks about the cityscape.

"Nevermind the cat we have about two minutes to leave here and find the sewer's or somewhere where the Drones aren't going to swamp us in a level 5 lock down of this sector. Chuun, um cat, the name's Grick by the by; I hope I didn't come off too demeaning earlier. We need to go now. Miss? You may not wish to be here either, since the drones are known for their rather unenjoyable interrogations. Let's go!"

As Grick peered around the corner he heard the sirens of the Drone transport heading towards their vicinity. He knew staying there meant a really big mess and he'd prefer not to have to make much noise, since the Drone factory was working full time to rid criminals in the city. They'd implement Lock Down 41 which meant a kind of martial law, cutting off each sector for systematic scans; if things got too messy, that would mean that the sewers were the only escape.

"Chuun, any ideas where we go next, they won't be too long and I think Lockdown 41 isn't something we are truly prepared for yet."

((Anyone hear from .61803? Updated city pic to B&W too))

Last edited by AbstractPagan; March 13th, 2007 at 03:56 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Name:  rpg1 copy.jpg
Views: 1341
Size:  356.1 KB

Mackie's eyes crossed as she attempted to focus on the feline just inches from her face. "Didn't your mother ever tell you to always look before you leap?" intoned the strange creature, her breath carrying a faint whiff of tumeric and anchovies. Mackie wasn't sure wether the cat was a danger or not, but the animal's sardonic tone definately put her off. She kept a finger on the trigger of her gun, coughed up some dust, and propped herself up on her elbows to survey her surroundings. The dark tunnel was narrow and the cat was not its only occupant.

Between her and freedom stood two strange men. One, tall and mysterious, was cloaked in shadow and his features were obscured by a gigantic hat. The other, a short, lean gnome who's entire left arm appeared to be replaced with some sort of biomachinery appeared agitated and ready to run at any moment. "Miss?" she heard him say "You may not wish to be here either, since the drones are known for their rather unenjoyable interrogations. Let's go!" Mackie mentally cursed. Drones?! Wonderful! She had been trying to avoid the trouble and now it appeared that she had done nothing but land right in the middle of it. As the wails of sirens filled the tunnel she extricated herself from both the cat and the concrete and struggled to her feet. She held her gun at waist level and slowly backed up against the wall. Her boots crunched against the rubble. She was covered in dust and her dark hair was in wild disarray. The two men and the cat didn't appear hostile, but they were the only things blocking her escape, and she wasn't about to let them trap her down here.

[[OK. Left arm. Fixed. :] ]]

Last edited by Katfayheirti; March 13th, 2007 at 09:54 PM.

Blog
    SKETCHBOOK

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

((Oh its his left arm thats mechanical.. ))

"The names Grick and this is Chuun. I see that you're well armed too, good cause it looks like you'll need it."

An alarm sounded in his head alerting him to fifteen drone within 200 sectons. Ten standard security protocol, three Juggernauts and two Cyborg Sergeants, all level 3 armament.

"We have fifteen drones coming our way in a minute or so. Level 3 armament, these guys pack a punch too. I think if we run more will be deployed so we need a strategic advantage point, this tunnel will be like 'shooting trout in a barrell' if we stay here."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "You're very noisy with that gun of yours."

Chuún said firmly facing towards the rather stressed out gnome. He turned around. Looking at the awkward situation. You could hear people shouting and panic spreading out on the main street, as the drones started to clear out the sector.

"Looks like we dragged you into this mess. The drones will not likely be very understanding about your presence."

He turned back to the little cyborg.

"Grick, we need to get going. There's a maintance hatch down to the subterrain sewer network not far from here. It's our best shot."

Even though the difficult sircumstances, his voice remained cool and strict, with a touch of foreign accent. Not until now you could see what was hiding beneath the shady cloak, a random wind gust revealed two old-traditional swords, and set of simple bolt pistols. Chuún quickly covered himself up and stepped towards tunnel exit, in which him and Aysel had arrived from.

((Promised pic from last post, i'll make some more pictures on the upcoming scenes, sorry if they're a bit rushed though!))
    Official RP Thread

Last edited by Wolfbane; March 14th, 2007 at 03:03 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

"Chuun, lead the way. I think I know where you're speaking of, but hey let the tall guy lead the way==Nudges his upper thigh==, this way if something that likes to chew on small creatures will have to bite on your pretty swords first."

Grick peered over at the corner as another alarm breached into his skull. Vicinity is less that 100 sectons...Incoming scan...detected warning incoming artilery...impact in five...four..

"Run! INCOMING!!!"

Grick runs down to the girl an lands on her blocking the debris, as he activates his Repulsion shield that was original specified for Juggernauts and officers of the security force.

A loud crash is heard as a large chunk of the tunnel reveals the night sky and an Airbot Security drone scanning the opening.

We must become the changes that we want to see.
    -Ghandi

There is no force greater than I.

My website and artwork

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ((Meh double post, will edit mine))

((Eee i feel bad for not drawing a picture yet...Will try and get one done later.))

Aysel looked around at humanoids, She had never had a problem with drones they always thought she was just a cat and thus often escaped unscathed from encounters a different being wouldn't have.

"Maintenance hatch... I thought you would have more imagination than that, they will get you before you even reach it. Surely we should make use of the other route out of the tunnel provided by our new friend." she said gesturing up the the new hole in the tunnel roof. A well placed support girder and trash can providing access to it. To prove her point she leapt onto the bin then the girder and out of the hole before peering back down into the gloom of the tunnel.
    "There is a place we can go, not far, its got a deflection shield built into the walls. Good for hiding the likes of you." she nodded at Grick "Well are you coming?" Just as she spoke an airbot drone appeared blocking the entrance. Aysel cursed silently and left the hole in the roof and surrupticiously leapt onto its back. It was only just big enough for it to not notice the extra weight and after swiping at it several times managed to hook several wires in her claws, breaking them and bringing the airbot down in a shower of sparks.

((woo finally got mine up))
    Official RP Thread

Last edited by kovah; March 15th, 2007 at 05:02 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Chuún quickly gains awareness of the situation. With his arms buried within his dark cloak, he seems very vaulnerable and il-prepared. Suddently he throws himself around with incredible speed, equipped with one of his strange swords he instantly slice a security drone, that just appeared around the corner, in half.

In a brief moment of silence he turns around to the crowd, which is still standing behind, recovering from the blast.

"Quick, that was not the only one!"

He is interupted by the sound of running metal. Another handful of drones quickly appear at the end of the dark alley. Without any hesitation, Chuún jumps up in the air, thrusting his sword into one of the security droids. Followed by a series of deadly blows towards the rest of them.

"I'll hold them back! Move for the ceiling!"

As he gets more and more outnumbered he picks up his other sword, slashing them around, doing complicated attacks with high presicion.

Official RP Thread

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ((Daaaaaayum, WolfBane! You put my quick sketch to shame.))

Mackie lost her breath as the heavy gnome tackled her. Momentarily unsure of his intentions, she nearly shot him, but held her fire, and then suddenly there was a loud 'crash' and she realized that the roof had fallen in to reveal the night sky. Drones poured in and she watched as the strange man with the hat fell upon them, cutting them down left and right. She struggled free of the gnome's grasp, planted her feet squarely on the ground and took aim at the hoards for Drones that were rapidly outnumbering the swordmaster with the hat. 'well,' she thought 'I'm in this now whether I like it or not,' and opened fire.

Name:  rpg2.jpg
Views: 1321
Size:  251.5 KB

The bullets cut through the Drones like butter, but it wasn't enough. More and more of them kept pouring in. A cloud of dust arose from behind the swarm of Drones, and suddenly Mackie realized that she was doing much more than simply killing androids. The tunnel itself was being damaged. She quicky stopped shooting and lowered her weapon. 'The integrity of the tunnel isn't sound!' She wanted to shout. 'We'll have to get out or it'll cave in on us!' but all the came out of her mouth was "Chickenfeet ardent green aerocopter! Hyperbole dusting water sorry!" She bit her lip in frusteration at her inabilty to warn, decided there was nothing she could do about it, and bolted for the hole in the tunnel, scrambling up the wall towards starlight and freedom.

Last edited by Katfayheirti; March 14th, 2007 at 05:43 PM.

Blog
    SKETCHBOOK

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ((Wolfbane that is the most awesome picture, makes mine look aweful, Will upload it abit later since the internet connection on the laptop wont let me for some reason.))

Aysel stepped off the downed droid, she hadn't disabled it completely but it was no longer able to fly, and so posed alot less of a threat, she was all too aware though of a large number of droids making their way towards them. Her fur was starting to stand on end as adrenalin started to course through her body. She could feel herself wanting to escape into her true demonic form, and was having to make a concious decision no too.

She poked her head back down the hole as the girl pulled herself out.
    "Can we speed things up a little down there." she called over the noise of droids being disassembled. She pulled her head out of the hole, looking around trying to decide on the best way to get to her safe house. Her routes were multiple but haing slow humanoids in tow meant she would have to change her tactics slightly but the Grick and Chu'unn seemed to be taking their time.

Last edited by kovah; March 15th, 2007 at 05:02 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Grick, who was aiming to block several chunks of debris from hitting the seemingly fragile girl, was pushed off into the dust as the girl got up, and laid out a line of fire he only saw in the occassional mobster movie.

The girl stopped in comtemplation, and then began to blurt out some bizzare sentences. He wasn't sure what she was getting at until he looked over at the walls and his cyborg eye noticed the integrity of the tunnel was no longer stable, his eye gave an estimated time of compromise to about 45 seconds.

"Chuun lets go! I will throw a grenade to stave 'em off, get the hell up here the tunnel is going to collaspe!

An alarm rang off in head again stating the the Juggernauts were powering up the main blasters. The were 50 sectons away but had GPS and high range artilery.

"We have Juggernauts, they want to light the place up!

Grick hopped up onto the trash can and leaped up through the hole, almost missing his footing. He looked up and saw several airbot special force drones in pursuit. His eye focused in on them and noted only two were coming, the others we handling another issue over near sector eight the Farming district.

((I will hold off on throwing the grenade, until Wolfsbanes reply, great pic man, I ironically seem to be unable to do simple sketches, not sure why))

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "Aye!"

In a split second, Chuún grabs a confused droide and thrusts himself up towards the blown out ceiling. Just in the moment he reaches out for the edge, one of the security drones fire off a shot and successfully penetrates Chuún's exposed back. He bites his lower lip in pain as he grabs the sharp edge of the hole. Unlike the others, he had jumped straight from the ground without the help of neither the pole or the trashcan. The pain in his back causes him to tremble and he starts to lose his grip.

"H-help me!"

Last edited by Wolfbane; March 15th, 2007 at 04:57 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ((going to bed, hopefully i'll have some oppurtunities to paint some cool scenes tomorrow as well ^^ thanks for cool progress so far guys!))

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mackie turned at the faint cry from the edge of the pit. The swordsman was hurt! Although she had failed to be of any help in warning of the impending collapse, the least she could do was help. She planted her feet firmly on the ground, dropped her weapon, grabbed his hand and pulled.....then slid forward closer to the edge. The swordsman was surprisingly heavy! Beads of sweat broke out on her forehead. She was sure that the drones could see her and might fire on her at any moment. She dug her feet into the earth and yanked harder.

(( Am I the only one using the past tense? We really need to get this whole 'tenses' thing worked out ))

Blog
    SKETCHBOOK

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Grick in his smaller stature reached out to the other hand with his left arm. It was his stronger arm and was the most effort he could give. With a hard jerk Chuun was lifted to the top. With a BOOM the Juggernauts blast filled the tunnel with smoke and fire, creating a amazing rush of hot air from the hole in the roof of the tunnel.

The tunnel's support structure began to squeak and crackle as the full moons shined down on the group. Plasma bullets whiz by as the two Airbot special force take shots from 150 sectons away. With a hissing sound and a smell of melted concrete all the shots melt into the side wall of the Rathskeller Passage.

Grick jumps down to the ground and calls on an auto cab to pick them up. The hovering vehicle stops abruptly.

"I need money! Never mind.." Grick's quick thinking made him punch into the city interface and using his left cyborg arm to override the payment zon.

"Thank you for using Metropolis carpool services, you may occupy the vehicle" The vehicles automated voice spoke in its monotone structured language. The roll-away doors opened up and Grick looks up to the tunnel roof as it begins to collapse.

"The rides a-waitin'!" with his right arm he pulls off a grenade and tosses it into the hole. Grick hops into the vehicle and plugs his left arm into the navigation interface on the left side of the vehicle.

((Heh I thought to go out with a bang so to speak, mackie hasn't officially introduced herself so, I will refer to her as girl for the time being I think present tense might be better, JMO))

Official RP Thread

Last edited by AbstractPagan; March 17th, 2007 at 08:39 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "Thank you"

Chuún nods quickly towards his rescuers, before following Grick down on the backstreet and into the new transportation vehicle. He instantly jumps in the passenger seat next to Grick, swearing words in his native tounge, while keeping pressure on the newly formed wound. Chuún rips off his large cloak and tosses it out of the car. He then looks for an exit wound on his flank.

"Damn, the bullet's still inside"

Yet he is gratefull that he got hit by a pistol bolt, rather than a plasma shell, which would inflict much more damage if not treated properly. Chuún still knows that the situation is still very dangerous, so he ends up taking another piece of cloth, dangling from his undershirt and straps it around his lower torso, deciding that the treatment has to wait for now. As Grick tries to highjack the system software, he can hear security stingers approaching behind them.

"Grick, we need to get a move on...!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Aysel had jumped daintily into the vehicle and pushed her way through the tangle of bodies to the control panel which was buzzing as Grick attempted to override the system. She could hear the drones coming in thick and fast behind them and impatience got the better of her.

She placed her paws on the panel and after concentrating for several seconds pushed out some dark energy, it swirled around her paws like concentrated smoke making her eyes flash red as it reached them, and making the vehicle surge forwards into the automated transport lane and away from the advancing drones for the time being.
    "I only made it go...i can't steer it." she said simply hopping onto the dashboard looking at Grick expectantly before continuing
    "When you get to the end of this lane go right take the metro highway and then the forth left. Then take the 2nd ally on the right and then stop by the recycle droid."

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.