Concept Art Rpg:
What is this RPG?
- RPG is short for Role playing game, this is basically a game where you play a character and guide them around a fictious world interacting with other players.
So umm how does it work?
- This particular Rpg is text based – which means simply that you are in essance writing a story from your characters point of view. Except everyone else is doing the same, so you don’t have to think as much.
So what has it got to do with concept art?
-It is basically an oppertunity to improve your illustration skills, using the story as a basis.
-You dont have to take part in the RP do draw and visa versa (you dont have to draw to take part in the storyline)
So how do I start?
- First you must design a character using the following critera (as this is an art based thing you must also DRAW your own character, (using other peoples is not allowed.) and post it in the character creation thread, where it will be accepted or declined – this will be decided on the character mainly, not on artistic skill (though it does help if your character is human and you are capable of drawing humans)
Whats all this lingo i am reading?
- OCC stands for Out of Character Chat - this is for when you need to talk to people as yourself not your character. This is done by using [[ or (( in combination with OCC i.e.
[[OCC: should we take our characters to the tavern?CC]]
- NPC - None Person Character: these are passing characters such as bar keepers that part in the rp is so small that it would be silly for someone to create a character sheet for them. Everyone can control these people. There is of course an exception for NPC's that are essential to the plot. In which case someone will be assigned to control them.
-GOD MODDING: is taking control of someone else's character, this is annoying, don't do it.
- Name: (self explanitory)
- Gender: (self explanitory but if you are a robot or other species devoid of gender please state it somewhere)
- Race: (self explanitory - if it is a made up species please outline its characteristics here.)
- Description + picture: (you MUST use your own artwork for the picture, description must be at least a paragraph. You can post the character bio before you have a picture ready but before it is entered into the RP there must be a picture to accompany it.)
- Personality: (self explanitory)
- History: (self explanitory)
- Weapons/powers: (self explanitory)
- Misc Info: (this is just for anything that doesn't fit into the other catagories)
- Once your character has been approved then you are free to jump into the RP itself. The rules for the Rp is as follows:
- Please be literate – one line replies are hard to reply to. Txt sp3aKe is STRICTLY forbidden. Everyone makes spelling mistakes and typos but try to keep them to a minimum.
- This is not a dating site please keep any sexual themes short and vauge. Violence, Romance and Bad Language are allowed but please be sensible about it.
- The world the Rp is set in will have some parameters that you will need to take notice of. These will be placed somewhere in the World description.
- If you are going to be offline for any amount of time please let someone know and remove your character from immediate contact with the others until you return. So things are not left hanging waiting for you.
- DO NOT GOD MOD – ie controlling someone elses character without their permisson. (the storyteller reserves the right to nudge the Rp in the right direction should it get off track)
- DO NOT KILL OTHER PEOPLES CHARACTERS without their express permisson.
- If you are playing more than one character please post in a different colour .
- No more than 3 characters per person.
- NPC characters are allowed in addition to the 3 characters but please keep their part in the rp short and sweet.
- OCC chats are allowed but please keep it to a minimum.
- Bit of extra information from the good old wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role_playing_games
The world you live in:
The cities, vast matropolis's full of blooming technology, sky scrapers line the roads reaching into the heavens, piercing the clouds as the song of monks and nuns rings though the air. They pray to a god to clense the souls of the worthy as robots watch, waiting for the song to end so they may use the same space to worship their own God. The people of the city, go about their daily lives, partly fearing what is on the other side of the wall that marks the perimieter of their great city home. For they do not understand the ways of the people that live in the wilderness, for there is a place of magic, where small communities live in harmony with nature and adept in the casting of spells.
Neither community can win the power struggle, for when a new technology gives the cities an upper hand, nature seems to deal the wilderness with magic to couteract it.
In the city there would be:
Parliament that makes laws and rules over the city consisting of a representative from each race, each race also having a number of different 'parties' that are voted in or out of power by other members of their race.
So everyone has more or less equal oppertunities. Obviously like any major city certain area's are more upmarket than others and problems can occur in the bad bit of town
In the wilderness:
Beings live in small tribes with their own cultures/taboo's led more or less by the village/tribe elders. Not all of the tribes get on - and wars will break out on occasion, but this anemity is put aside when the city makes a foray into the wilderness. The tribes will join ranks to proctect themselves.