View Poll Results: Vote for your favorite entry !

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • invinciblewombat

0 0%
  • j a k e

2 5.13%
  • Evil_Sloth

13 33.33%
  • yungks.ae

2 5.13%
  • asoir

1 2.56%
  • mc2mc2

1 2.56%
  • paperX

0 0%
  • v0rbiss

2 5.13%
  • Narmo

3 7.69%
  • Cordy

1 2.56%
  • Q-Caddlewick

0 0%
  • Cup of Joe

1 2.56%
  • sketcheth

13 33.33%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: VOTING!! Teen Challenge #25

Thanks

VOTING!! Teen Challenge #25

just to keep the challenge moving on, I made the poll for this time, hope no one mind.
    The topic was "The Wanderer." Vote for your favorite, and take 1 minute to explain why !

invinciblewombat

j a k e

Evil_Sloth
    bonus: details: VOTING!! Teen Challenge #25

yungks.ae

asoir

mc2mc2

paperX

v0rbiss

Narmo

Cordy

Q-Caddlewick

Cup of Joe

sketcheth

And voilà ! comments & crits are welcome, as usual !
    For the next topic, I let Plate/ you decide...
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    It'll be open for 14 days, that's to say when there'll be the new one.

I will put my own feelings on the entries later, don't have much time right now, but as far as I can see, there've been improvement here and there, and we can also notice that the number of entries is pretty well, thanks to the topic !

What will be the next challenge about ? Look there http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=81450 and gimme the answer
    Personnaly I think Lifesource or Serene Scene would be great, since it's interpretation is pretty wide....and yes I'm not in a super-upper-space-battle mood

Thanks
    hey sloth. the lantern behind the guy seems really dim. it doesn't really make sense. it seems to be the same type of lantern as the one in the foreground, yet it is giving out a significantly less amount of light. it doesn't seem to be that far into the background to be effected by atmosphere, either. for example, even the lights in the far background seem to be brighter than it, even though they are hundreds of yards away. i particularly like the vegetation in this one, and the sun peeking over the clouds. it looks like a storm is about to happen, which suits the piece well. i suck at this type of stuff, but i do feel like a greater color range in the guy's face would make him pop out more. right now it seems to be a small color range with mainly a difference in values. the boat is also very nicely done.

jake, the hands and arms are nicely done. the cloth wrap is not really doing it for me, it looks very unrealistic. also i suck at colors but i think the piece is lacking an overall color unity. wish i could say more on that point, but the presentation is lovely.

mc2mc2, quit sweet. think he has tiny feets, and it looks like you really struggled with his hands, which distorts the harmony of the character.

yungsk, i know its not finished, but the way you portrayed the armor does not seem right for the type of material it is. ie, i assume it is supposed to be bulky, metal/heavy armor, but it looks like folded paper, gel, or cloth.

narmo, taste the rainbow

Thanks
    Good job everyone
    As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle being swept along is no longer enough.

Thanks
    haha, you didnt have to include my monstrosity
    jakes was tempting but sketcheths is real nice!

edit- sloth, was very close to voting yours too...damn fine work

Thanks
    asoir => everything's good for a teen challenge, whatever if it's not a finished piece or what you wanted to draw, at least you did something, and that's great

So here are my few critics:
    invinciblewombat: don't know if it's a photoshop "filtre" (filter ?) or a real attempt to painting, but I think there's a lack of deepness in your entry cause of the sand maybe.. dunno.

j a k e : yours was in my top 3, but, I can't see a wanderer in him; is there a particular reason for having rotate the horizon line ? It's more dynamic, but does't feet to this environment wich is pretty "peaceful" ? But I love it, it's so well rendered !

Evil_Sloth : As usual, a great piece ! I would add to what Lohan said that there may be some proportion mistakes, for example the too people on the bridge, I think they are too tall compared to the wanderer and the whole pic.

yungks.ae : I love the idea ! So bad that you hadn't finished it, the colors seem great.

asoir : Well maybe it needs a l'tle bit more time :p to be honest I don't really get why.. this ^^

mc2mc2: that's great pencil here :o Anatomy's fine I think, but he looks very.. static for a wanderer.

paperX : little yellow ridding hood huh ? Maybe there are too many colors, you should try to use only 2 or 3 main values, or to work in black and white sometimes...

v0rbiss : it's fun because at first sight I thought that it was done too fast, etc etc but as someone said in the other thread, the more I look at it, the more a like it, there's plenty of mysterious; but it's still to "rough" for me

Cordy: Honnestly I don't know if the wanderer if the red spaceship or the guy walking at the background; if it's the first one, well, why should we consider it as a wanderer ? Maybe you could done the ship on a devasted planet, alone or.. dunno.. / if it's the walking guy, he's way too far from us, and don't seem to be the main "topic" of the picture.

Q-Caddlewick: He is a wanderer, at least that's clear. I'm pretty fond of the "sketch style", but if I've the choice, I often prefered a well-finished-cleaned drawing, so it's totally personnal

Cup-of-Joe: hm I'm not sure to understand everything, but I like the figure of the man in the first square, he looks very elegant

sketcheth: and this is the well-finished-cleaned (more or less ) I love ! Very.. conceptual in fact. I like the little details you added, as the bamboo-stick, the necklace, the wonderful belt.... and yes, your piece got my vote.. and yes, I'm jalous of overskilled young people.

Hope I haven't been too rude, as I always say it's not easy to give some advice in an other language and at the same time not to be disdainful or whatever.
    Congratulation everybody, this was a wonderful round

Thanks
    Thanked 1,221 Times in 625 Posts
kudos to Narmo for writing these crits down! I agree on all of these points !

Thanks
    jake gets my vote, reminds me of his lord xenu picture, which was pretty much the best picture ever.

and its different. And this is CONCEPT art
    not popularity contestept art

Thanks
    Evil_Sloth get's my vote. The composition, rendering and subtle lighting make it a complete piece which tells a story upon looking at it. Nevertheless, there are flaws such as the wanderer's sheer tallness,which makes the ship in the background look like a mini-ship.

Well done!

Thanks
    invinciblewombat Neat concept, my friend! I really like the blue and green tones of the shadows. Great use of texture too.
    jake Nice stuff, I like the color choices for this, they all work really well together. The pose and angle confuse me though...still, neat character.
    Evil_Sloth Vote.
    yungks.ae Beautiful color use and painting style...the oranges...very nice. Neat concept, I wish you'd have finished it.
    asoir That's pretty. Really neat concept...creepy.
    mc2mc2 Your pencil work is great man. I think one thing you could do to really ground the image is to just add a horizon line or shadow for him.
    PaperXReally like what you did with the final. The texture you added is beautiful.
    v0rbissWould have loved to see this go just a little bit further. I really like the angle and everything.
    Narmo I love the size of the canvas you used, so tall and everything...really cool. The deep blue is fantastic. Neat idea there...and thanks for the comment! I had other ideas for the staff, but I'm glad you like it as is. I definitely could've cleaned up a bit more that.
    Cordy I'm kind of confused as to what's going on here...but I love how you've rendered it so far. Sweet.
    QCaddlewick Would have loved to see this go further. Definitely a wanderer.
    Cup of Joe A back story! Brilliant! Really like the work you've done.

Thanks
    Voted Evil_Sloth. Thats pretty awesome.
    I should enter the next one while im still 19

Thanks
    Narmo, thanks a bunch for getting the poll up! My internet connection has been down for the past couple days, the help is much appreciated.

Thanks
    Narmo- Thanks for the crits! I agree it's pretty hard to follow. It probably didn't help that I suddenly decided to completly change the layout and story the day it was due. As or the guy, in my original idea, he was going to be the whole piece, but I had a lot more fun this way! (BTW, what's your avatar from?)

Sketcheth- Thanks! Heh, now if only it made sense.

evil_sloth and Sketcheth were very tempting, but I went for yungks.ae. I'm really loving where that one's going, even if it isn't finished.

Good job everyone!
    Daily Sketchbook
    All comments welcome!

ProtoSSG: Cup-of-Joe ~ Kitsu ~ White Rose ~ Afgal

Other SBs - ShiroNami - Leadster618

• Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast