Sketchbook: lahlah's sketchy sketchbook
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: lahlah's sketchy sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

lahlah's sketchy sketchbook

Hello.

I am LahLah or just Lah if you prefer. I am finishing up my sophomore year at my local community college with an Associates of Illustration. I applied to four schools for transfer, my top choice being the Ringling School of Art and Design. I just got my admission letter in the mail so I'm pretty psyched.

This stuff up currently is... stuff from my community college art classes. I used this stuff in my portfolio. I'll post some more personal art later

Attached Images Attached Images                        
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome start here, especially those foot studies! Really digging the teapot as well. You've got a great handle on form and light/shading. Can't wait to see your stuff in person at Ringling in the meantime, keep posting!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah, I am kinda a value and contrast freak. My figure drawing prof even told me that I should lighten up on the darks I put into my figures. I've seen how washed out pictures can look when they lack a good scale of values so... I try not to do that.

Well I can't wait to see you in action at Ringling, myself. In all honesty I've been surrounded by mediocre art students at my community college. I am probably gonna be shocked but inspired by being among other art students who are rolling in talent

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good figure drawing there. I too like the contrast you put into your work.

I would recommend being a little more confident in your lines when drawing a gesture though as they seem a little sketchy right now. But otherwise really great stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

School stuffs...

Thanks for the tip Club Deluxe

Well.. here's some more stuff... sadly done for class projects. I'm hoping to jump back more into some of my own art during the summer.

The picture with the hands and the paint and the Picasso quote was the final project for my Illustration II class... and the point of that project was to illustrate a quote, lyric or poem.

The four fairy tale illustrations were for my Illustration III class, as part of a final portfolio project. We could illustrate for whatever market we chose... I just felt like doing fairy tales... probably one of my initial inspirations was from fairy tale illustrations in my storybooks. The four fairy tales are The Frog Prince, Rapunzel, Snow White and Rose Red, and The Twelve Dancing Princesses.

Attached Images Attached Images          

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.