Who is God (philosophy thread)
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Who is God (philosophy thread)

i want to start a philisophical discussion about religion....arguments about evolution, sentient beings, creation, existance, meaning of life and of course god....i have very strong onpinions about this and have posted in many different philosophy forums...i want to know what an artistic community may think about these everlasting questions....

i dont belive in any god humaity has ever come up with....and christianity, juedism, and islam are all the same absurd stories about things that never happened

FIGHT ME

lol

and the words of the prophets will be written on subway walls

Thanks
    Thanked 1,437 Times in 259 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hello dose1. If you are just lookiní to rumble, I can help you out with that.

So, thereís a great cosmic goat out there. It ate the other planets that life was brewing on, but somehow it overlooked this one. You canít see the cosmic goat, or measure it, or otherwise observe it, but I promise you itís out there. Me and the Cosmic Goatherds know itís there. I bet you canít disprove the existence of our Cosmic Goat.

I think you are awesome, and I wish you the best in your endeavors, but I am tired of repeating myself, I am very busy with my new baby, and I am no longer a regular participant here, so please do not contact me to ask for advice on your career or education. All of the advice that I have to offer can already be found in the following links. Thank you.

Perspective 101, Concept Art 101, Games Industry info,Oil Paint info, Acrylic Paint info, my sketchbook.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lol good luck! shouldn't there be an auto lock thread on this things when someone mention's the word god in there thread subject as sad as it is, these things always turn into blood baths...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    TROLL!!!

Anid Maro is offline Psychotic Eldritch Zeppelin Level 9 Gladiator: Hoplomachi
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by dose1
    FIGHT ME

lol
    No, no, no...

It doesn't work that way. What's your opinion? Something specific too, not just that you disbelieve god, that's boring.

I won't just dance for you, I've argued on both sides numerous times, so if you want my attention it better be something good.

Oh, and since you're curious about an artistic communities views, I'll save you some time and spell it out...

It's all over the map. Atheists, agnostics, Christians, people who don't know, other religions (Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, etc.), Cult of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, you name it.

In fact, we're like any group of people in that we can't agree. Even a group of Church goers can't figure out which pieces of doctrine to follow over what. Check out the early years of the church and how "heretics" came to be.

Anyhow, like I said, you need to come up with something better. And that's aside from the obvious trolling that aborted this thread from the get go.

-My work can be found at my local directory thread.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,067 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Heres whats happening. You have a person join up who has spent time writing up an elaborate argument against religion. Said person starts a thread about religion so that when anyone who has a religion comes forward to discuss it, person brings out a essay of argument to show what a smart little cookie they are. If you want to have a dick measuring contest, leave the philosophy out of it and lets go to the thunderdome, otherwise stfu and go start a sketchbook.

"Astronomy offers an aesthetic indulgence not duplicated in any other field. This is not an academic or hypothetical attraction and should require no apologies, for the beauty to be found in the skies has been universally appreciated for unrecorded centuries."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckWeisel
    Heres whats happening. You have a person join up who has spent time writing up an elaborate argument against religion. Said person starts a thread about religion so that when anyone who has a religion comes forward to discuss it, person brings out a essay of argument to show what a smart little cookie they are. If you want to have a dick measuring contest, leave the philosophy out of it and lets go to the thunderdome, otherwise stfu and go start a sketchbook.

That about sums it up.

ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER
    "Amateurs look for inspiration; the rest of us just get up and go to work. " -Chuck Close

DRUNKEN WASTREL SKETCH GROUP:
    [ Costau D ][ Cuervo ][ Braintree ][ Fumble ][ Ookchk ][ RoboMonkey ]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    so u want my opinion....

i dont believe in any of the gods humanity has ever come up with....especially any of the gods in main stream religion...my reasons why?...well ill tell you...if u take the christian god...this supreme being is omnipotent and omniscient...yet he needs mortal men to tell of his "rules" and recite his "word"...and if this was true...why does the church not include the many other books that were written for the bible?....apparently not all of it is gods true word....somebody rich and powerful gets to decide that

now take the whole hell and heaven thing...we live on this planet for about 70 years (if ur lucky)...and in this time (which would be EXTREMELY short for an immortal being) if we dont make the right decisions he bans us to an eternity of pain and suffering....if thats his idea of being a good father....i disown him

now im not trying to prove there is not an outside force that created life or that there isnt a heavan and hell...im trying to show u that the religion is rediculous....theres no way to tell these things.....i also dont believe that there is no good that comes out of religion....the moral understructure of most religions is pretty sound.....but to encase urself in the ignorant attitude that religion feeds u is perverse....

another beef i have with religion is that most religions (including bhuddism) believes that nature is lesser than man....that humanity is the only beings that deserve and is entitled to a spirit/soul/divine intervention....

also the absurdity alone is proof that the stories and parables told in the bible are made up....if god granted these people the power to walk on water, seperate sees, and cast plagues and shit....why not anymore....if there is a god...he could intervene without anybody ever noticing...and if he did want people to notice he would go to time square and tell everybody to obey him....

one more thing before i let u guys go at me

take the book of job....unfamiliar?....

Breif summary: job prays everyday....god gives job everything he wants....satan says job only prays because he gives him shit....god kills jobs wife and kids, slauthers livestock, burns house to the ground, makes him blind and decrepit....job still prays.....god says to satan "i told u so"

if thats who we are suppose to be worshipping.....im not down....let the seven headed beasts and lake of molten lava...and the unicorns and pixies and shit come for me if im so wrong

WEISEL....this is my essay....i wrote this before u even commented and came back to find a some jack ass who lacks the brains to formulate his own opinion thinks this is a contest....i allready now my dick is bigger than yours...

Last edited by dose1; March 6th, 2007 at 08:39 PM.

Elwell is offline Sticks Like Grim Death Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,666 Times in 5,020 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    So, dose1, you have four posts: One inane comment, one "help me with my crappy art" thread, and now this. All of which are practically incoherent, and not even in an amusing way.

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok I'm saving everybody the trouble. This thread will end up exactly like that one. These are every response a person can get on the subject on here. Please guys dont waist your time. I learned my lesson. Just refrain from posting...it's up to you though... I'm gonna get back to work.

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...theists+stupid

ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER
    "Amateurs look for inspiration; the rest of us just get up and go to work. " -Chuck Close

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    man.......

i.am is offline Things will change... Level 2 Gladiator: Ordinarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    so u want my opinion....

i dont believe in any of the gods humanity has ever come up with....especially any of the gods in main stream religion...my reasons why?...well ill tell you...if u take the christian god...this supreme being is omnipotent and omniscient...yet he needs mortal men to tell of his "rules" and recite his "word"...and if this was true...why does the church not include the many other books that were written for the bible?....apparently not all of it is gods true word....somebody rich and powerful gets to decide that

now take the whole hell and heaven thing...we live on this planet for about 70 years (if ur lucky)...and in this time (which would be EXTREMELY short for an immortal being) if we dont make the right decisions he bans us to an eternity of pain and suffering....if thats his idea of being a good father....i disown him

now im not trying to prove there is not an outside force that created life or that there isnt a heavan and hell...im trying to show u that the religion is rediculous....theres no way to tell these things.....i also dont believe that there is no good that comes out of religion....the moral understructure of most religions is pretty sound.....but to encase urself in the ignorant attitude that religion feeds u is perverse....

another beef i have with religion is that most religions (including bhuddism) believes that nature is lesser than man....that humanity is the only beings that deserve and is entitled to a spirit/soul/divine intervention....

also the absurdity alone is proof that the stories and parables told in the bible are made up....if god granted these people the power to walk on water, seperate sees, and cast plagues and shit....why not anymore....if there is a god...he could intervene without anybody ever noticing...and if he did want people to notice he would go to time square and tell everybody to obey him....

one more thing before i let u guys go at me

take the book of job....unfamiliar?....

Breif summary: job prays everyday....god gives job everything he wants....satan says job only prays because he gives him shit....god kills jobs wife and kids, slauthers livestock, burns house to the ground, makes him blind and decrepit....job still prays.....god says to satan "i told u so"

if thats who we are suppose to be worshipping.....im not down....let the seven headed beasts and lake of molten lava...and the unicorns and pixies and shit come for me if im so wrong

WEISEL....this is my essay....i wrote this before u even commented and came back to find a some jack ass who lacks the brains to formulate his own opinion thinks this is a contest....i allready now my dick is bigger than yours...

Agree. Though I was raised in a religious environment (Parents being preachers and starting their own church, etc..), I don't believe in any religion myself. Just seeing the way people would put religion before family or themselves is just sad. Especially the older generation who pretty much have little to cling on to now days. I see places like churches as just another business to make money, and as a crutch. People will use religion as an excuse for almost anything really. Pitiful. Though if anyone wants to practice their religion of choice, then so be it. It really gets to me when they try and "spread" their teachings to me where they are not wanted. Don't think there is no heaven or hell. Honestly I don't care. I'm just trying to live out my limited number of years now. Really don't have time to worry about how the earth was formed, and who were the first to live here, etc.. etc.. I know that when I die, that will be the end of it. I just need to make the most out of my time on this planet while I can.

Last edited by i.am; March 7th, 2007 at 12:56 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    shit... *walks away*

ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i.am

i grew up in an extremely religious family too...i think why i exist and the meaning of life and questions that are unanserable are the best questions to ak yourself....there entertaing for me...they inspire my art...and provide me with my opinions on morals and society and such....not very many people here seem to think that way....

Elwell is offline Sticks Like Grim Death Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,666 Times in 5,020 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    ...and provide me with my opinions on morals and society and such....not very many people here seem to think that way....
    No, it's just that after the 40th time or so, we get bored. And, as of now, nobody gives a rat's ass about your opinions. Post some art and somebody might.

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    man fuck you...i dont have a scanner and shit....i would if i could....im new to this site...and ive got some asshole telling me to not start threads like this and insulting my art...fuck you....if u dont like it....dont read it...why are u even posting....why you gotta be a bitch man....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    man fuck you...i dont have a scanner and shit....i would if i could....im new to this site...and ive got some asshole telling me to not start threads like this and insulting my art...fuck you....if u dont like it....dont read it...why are u even posting....why you gotta be a bitch man....

Wow.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,067 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    hahaha. I have an opinion im just not arrogant as to think that I can come in here paste it all over the place and expect anyone to care. You stroll in posting your cute manifesto going "Oh look how clever I am, religious people are idiots." Then you get upset when somebody doesn't argue with you. Next you imply that you seem to be the only one who thinks about what their life means. Sitting around thinking about my life will not give it meaning, doing something with it will. You're giving a great first impression, keep it up. Theres a hole, theres a hole, theres a hole in the bottom of the sea.

Can we get a lock in here?

"Astronomy offers an aesthetic indulgence not duplicated in any other field. This is not an academic or hypothetical attraction and should require no apologies, for the beauty to be found in the skies has been universally appreciated for unrecorded centuries."

Anid Maro is offline Psychotic Eldritch Zeppelin Level 9 Gladiator: Hoplomachi
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugh
    Ok I'm saving everybody the trouble. This thread will end up exactly like that one. These are every response a person can get on the subject on here. Please guys dont waist your time. I learned my lesson. Just refrain from posting...it's up to you though... I'm gonna get back to work.

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...theists+stupid
    Nah, I disagree. Not because I think this thread is going anywhere, but the one you linked to actually had some meaningful and insightful discussion.

This thread, on the other hand, has no hope of going anywhere but down.

But this does remind me, I owe Sve a Bible discussion... damn I've been slacking. Sorry!

-My work can be found at my local directory thread.

Interceptor is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You pretty much just alienated yourself from some of the best free art advice you'll ever find from thousands of people on this site.

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Ilaekae is offline P.O.W.! Leader, Complete Idiot, Super Moderator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,580 Times in 1,786 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    dose', based on your attitude as it appears here, your agressiveness without reason, and your obvious amazing ability to make friends and win over enemies, I'm betting your one redeeming atribute and skill is the ability to suck your own cock.

Oh, and in my humble opinion, organized religion pretty much sucks...

...and so do people who attack it to prove their moral superiority.

No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dose... very appropriate nick for such a drip of a dick.

Continuity Break -- my sketchbook

Shameless plugs!
    Kata femme -- a 3D model WIP, now updated!
    The Giordano Gambit -- Barsoomian Zingball at its best!
    Valkyrie Ascending -- now updated with the second in a series!
    ArmaRagnaGeddonRock-yer-Yuga! -- celeztial shitz 'n' gigglez
    I . Miss . America -- "colored [eyes] may hypnotize..."

"In the end, Razputin, aren't we all just dogs playing poker?"
    -- Edgar Teglee

Thanks
    Thanked 1,415 Times in 594 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 469 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    This went south even faster than I thought it could, and I was already expecting some "worst of CA" material

"Every little step considered one at a time is not terribly daunting" - Ethan Coen

New books and process DVD available NOW!

www.dvpalumbo.com

Quickie blog (nudity)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Anid Maro
    Nah, I disagree. Not because I think this thread is going anywhere, but the one you linked to actually had some meaningful and insightful discussion.

This thread, on the other hand, has no hope of going anywhere but down.

But this does remind me, I owe Sve a Bible discussion... damn I've been slacking. Sorry!

Heh, actually before all this happened, my original point about posting that was everything had already been talked about. Near the end it just started getting repetitive. Buuuuut comparing that to this thread now. Your right it is completely different.

ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dose1

hahahah, wow, you are not banned yet... amazing

what happened when you posted in philosophy forums ?

did they applaud your work and changed their believes because you and your manifesto were eye opening ?

I.am - Pretty nice what you just said =)

Let's just get on with our life and our believes and stop shoving them into other people's mouth. Everyone have strong opinions anyway so this just gets old as it was said before...

My Internal Organs ... my "sketchbook"
    To visit my portfolio, http://www.simonrainville.com
    my best friend

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Penis.

Why does everyone have to hate? Why can't this site be a big cornucopia of love? Dose1, I love you . Elwell, Ilaekae, Lugh, and everyone else. I love you

By the way.. I have no label for my religious beliefs, because it's totally unnecessary. I can say though that I'm not religious.

Sepulverture's Sketchbook Page 1 Page 19
    Sepulvertures Extended Studies Page 1
    page 2

Tutorials Tips and Tricks needs you to stay alive!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.