Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Jazz' Junk Draw' (Practice Enviro update, Aug 6, 2011)

Thanks
    Keep it up Jazz your doing good!
    New Sketchbook

Old Sketchbook

"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do." -Leonardo Da Vinci
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hello,

I can see big improvements! I realy like the portrait of the girl, very good job on that. Keep studying the loomis book, and the studies

Keep up the good work!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hurley For This Useful Post:

^_^

Thanks
    Just responding for now! Ugh...gotta do up a website today. XD

Arimus, thanks a bunch!! Oooh, I knew that SB link would come in handy! I'll keep up with these studies! They're doing me a world of good!

Unbreakable, thanks so much! (And I'm glad you're following my progress!)

Hurley, hello!! Thanks very much for your comments! That loomis book is great! I think I'll be keeping up with it, indeed!

I might update earlier this week with a BUNCH of heads! XD

Thanks
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Wow! From the moment that you started the digital portrait of the little girl you've come on in leaps and bounds. The way you've done that last self-portrait...... well, look back at your first attempts and see the difference yourself! Well done!

Thanks
    Thank you so much, Alesoun!! You know, I never take the time to look back before I look at the here and now. I should totally do that like you say! ^_^

Thanks
    I thought I'd put these up tonight, because I just didn't feel like putting them up later! XD I realise that I haven't touched colour. Not in any medium, nothing. So I attempted to try, just so I wouldn't get myself too lazy.

I'm doing progress on an apple. I'm still having trouble making BIG blocks of colour. They're just a bit too small still.

Attachment 136428

Attachment 136429

Attachment 136430

Yesterday I thought about when I was little, and I hallucinated very vividly. One of the hallicinations were these sticky ugly red and black things that were lying around on the car floor. They bit me! They actually were darker than this, and less shiny. Both things I must tackle and practice with.

Attachment 136419

Now, sketchy practice with faces! I'm really learning a lot from that loomis "drawing heads and hands" book! I have yet to put these lessons into good practice. As in...finish something. Ha! I'll try my best! Just getting a feel for the structure and how it looks on different angles.

Attachment 136420

Attachment 136422

Attachment 136423

Thanks
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Those red and black things look like pills I had to take for tonsillitis as a kid! I used to drop them down the back of the cooker so nobody would notice me spitting them out!

Experimenting with colour is a great idea; any new medium challenges you and makes you think; and that can only be good.....

Thanks
    Alesoun: Ha ha!! Scary stuff, red and black pills!! XD The creepy thing about those little pill monsters is that they stuck to my feet...kinda like a pills I had to take for a tooth infection stuck to my tongue. Worst ever taste! But...*shudder* THESE monsters were HUGE!! ;_;

As the seasons continue, I'm really going to try and get some more colouring down. It'll probably make me feel even better about what I'm accomplishing. ^_^

Thanks
    Wow, you're kickin' ass with those paintings! Love what you did with Wrath.

Keep going with the anatomy and traditional studies, you're really making headway (no pun intended, ha I'm so funny). Your sketches have got terrific movement. Be gentle and slow with your rendering, like in your paintings. A suggestion for rendering: pay attention to the direction of your pencil strokes, and try not to use too many patterns in one drawing. The piece looks much cleaner if the lines are all flowing in only a few directions. This isn't the rule, just something to try.

Keep it up!

Thanks
    Enthusiastic sketches and studies! You like drawing portraits a lot, am I right? It's a good skill to develop. I can see development in your painting as I moved down the thread. Keep it up!

Thanks
    there are so many comic characters you' ve drawn in your sketchbook, a japannese style mostly.
    But I see a lot of talents you've shown in this thread.

Thanks
    You are doing all the right exercises! You should improve on your linewwork though: think where the line will go beofre you draw. Drawing in ink is a great exercise. Keep going!

Thanks

mini update

nilaffle, That's great advice, and I definitely agree with line direction. It's a habit I must wean myself out of. Thank you so much about the paintings! Oh yeah, and HA @ the head non-pun! I'll keep working on my anatomy, even with the oncoming complaint*.

FlipMcgee, thank you very much! I'm glad the improvement is there! I do like drawing portraits, yes! Although I really wish I could draw nice bodies to go with them. Very hard right now. >_<

yenk, thank you for stopping in!! T'is true: At the moment most of my imagination is lent to fan art stuff. Heh! Although one of these days I WILL put some more original stuff down. Yeah, I do like the Japanese art plenty**. ^_^

Bartovan, thanks for the advice! I do need to work on lines, work on controlling my hand, too. I think my biggest problem is that I'm never drawing on a table or something that will support my hand better. Bah, I should just sit in the kitchen and try more!

---and now...for the other stuff!

*I am sick of drawing heads. ;_; Right now.

Okay, that was my main complaint, but I'm feeling rather discouraged today. I'm depressed about how I'm drawing. Line work and everything. I'm having trouble with anatomy and posing, and I also have LOTS of problems with clothing. This weekend was pretty good for me, as I needed a change of pace for a little while. Just doing fun stuff.

**So some of this is fan art from animes. But with lessons!

------

It was Yoh's (left) birthday on Saturday. (those two are from Shaman King) Now, this was a good bit of practice for me because I was trying to work out composition on paper. I'm really bad at it.
    Attachment 138486

More faces, but I was getting frustrated with the tilting ones, and ones facing away from us.
    Attachment 138485

I first did a sort of "negative space" sketching, getting everything around the woman. Then I just decided to put a little cross contour in there. I need an easel or something. But I like how she turned out overall.
    Attachment 138488

Another fanart. Gaara from Naruto. I was actually practicing with head construction, but in that particular style. I just wanted to understand it better. Minus the uneven sides, I thought it good practice! And...I referenced a scarf. It was a nice scarf.
    Attachment 138487

Gaara "twins". One of the twins just can't sleep! Crazy one. Last night this idea just sprung into my head. Unfortunately, the lines look like crap. However, I do want to work on this again later. It's still a pretty decent idea.
    Attachment 138498

Last ones are progress (and rushed) paintings of a bellydancer. Zümre is said to be a not-so-great dancer, but is a beautiful lady. (It's true...I saw a video of her) I'm not done this one. I just started practicing yesterday. Here's the ref: http://www.fotoajans.com/turk_unlu/z/zumre_4.jpg Though it's upside-down and I didn't change it around. Weird!
    Attachment 138489

Attachment 138490

Attachment 138491

Attachment 138492

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast