Sketchbook: Jazz' Junk Draw' (Practice Enviro update, Aug 6, 2011) - Page 8

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,841 Times in 635 Posts
    tons of improvement here, what can i say except keep it up!

you might also want to do some value studies and work on shading and hatching. will come in handy later

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    algenpfleger, thanks a bunch! I do those studies you suggest, but I've only had time for sketches these days, so that's all I can show at the moment!

Thanks
    Wow, Jazz. Your stuff from imagination is looking better and better. And as for your one page of from-life gestures -- don't worry that all you can get is the "essence" -- that's most of the point. You're doing that to learn how people move, so you can put life into your figures. I think you're doing well, though, because it's really shown in your out-of-the-head stuff. Your anatomy seems to have gotten a lot better, too. Now, the only things that seem to be lagging behind are your faces (I know they're hard -- probably the hardest part of a person) and your line quality. I used to be super-sketchy myself -- going over and over a line to kinda knead it into shape -- until I made a conscious effort to draw more slowly, more gently, and only really put down the line when I was sure about it. I still fall back to my old habits sometimes -- it's hard to break. But try to pay a little more attention to your lines. Your pictures deserve it.

I'm looking forward to your next update, Jazz! Get on it!

ketchook!

SSG #44
    "The Fightin' 44th"
    - _andreas_ - brunopicinini - funfetus - Suarezart -

Thanks

Unhappy

Thank you very much, funfetus! Yes, I'm having lots of trouble with faces and lines. Sometimes I'm just rushing through everything because I have to work or tend to someone in my life. I'll keep trying to smooth things out though. I'm so glad the anatomy is getting better though!

--

That all being said, I confess that I don't feel like I'm really getting anywhere. Not doing my best, not able to put enough energy into what I try. I look online and see that even my old 24-comic isn't working for me. My name brings up a newspaper. Though I'm glad cause it's a picture I made. I just wish I could make more lively things.

I'm thinking, by the end of this year, if *I* don't feel the improvement beyond what everyone else sees and feels, I'm giving up drawing. I'll just stick to the computer job and classes I've put myself into. I can't seem to break past that line that tells me I'm "good, not great, and not getting better". I'm really discouraged now, and I don't see any hope for real improvement. I'm trapped, too, plus everywhere I try to draw, I'm physically uncomfortable.

Anyway, my thoughts might stem from the week I had. I would rather be doing art, but I had to work and serve people who were just there to give me angry lumps on my neck. Here's all I got for this week because of the stress:

My character...just failing at heads.
    Name:  feb00etna.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  146.4 KB

It was all about that head.
    Name:  feb13dumbG.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  105.0 KB

A most unfinished Fanart...all about the face
    Name:  feb29kid.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  33.7 KB

Just shaped faces
    Name:  feb13faces.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  100.1 KB

I have no idea why I did this, but I don't like how I made his mouth. It doesn't feel right with the rest of this.
    Name:  feb00Man.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  72.5 KB

I was proud of this picture at the time. I did them from imagination.
    Name:  feb27imagePoses.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  104.2 KB

Thanks
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,007 Posts
    You're improving, Jazz! You're just not finishing stuff!
    *cracks whip*
    Let's see some stuff brought to "finish".

Thanks
    ;_; I'll try, alesoun. Thank you! *hugs* I think I'm just in a really weird crisis moment thing... Can't seem to finish stuff...and I wanted to do that CHOW. >_< I don't know what to do to drive myself.

Thanks
    You still have time for the chow if you're not working tomorrow,- do what you can! Ima gonna look for it!

Thanks

Red face

Crap!! I should've done it then, alesoun! >_< I didn't give myself time like I should! I'm get it sooner or later. Time Management. I'm still having to learn! ;_;

How about I make a vow to just do one CHOW very soon? Even if I don't complete it. >_< It's just that laptop. UGH!! Widescreen SUCKS.

--

I guess work kept me challenged, for whenever I drew, it was scribbles of nothing! I detest those scribbles. I'll show just four things, because they're the only things I did a little work on.

I worked on lines to see how much I needed to work on STRAIGHT lines. It's obvious:
    Name:  mar0608lines.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  112.5 KB

This is a weird on, and if symbolic it's still over my head. But I'll be using it for a challenge of my own on DeviantArt.
    Name:  mar08cat.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  65.1 KB

These thumbnails are for a request for another artist. Her fan character has a long tentacle on her head. I've been trying to work on her pose. She's supposed to be on a cliff looking down at a village. The moon behind her, etc. etc. Well, I need to figure out the angle at which the camera as watching her. I don't want her face directly staring at it.
    Name:  mar0708naj.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  108.5 KB

Problem is, I just can get the pose to not be stiff and...posed. I want it more natural. >_<
    Name:  mar0708naj2.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  59.3 KB

This is the first marker drawing in a while that I worked harder on, and finished. I only have a few Tria markers, and one stopped working at her neck. Next time I'll show all of her! I wanted her cutesy some, and a bit real with her body.
    Name:  mar0808girl.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  61.9 KB

See you guys!

Thanks

so terribly slight nudity

This past week was disappointing. I said that to everyone who asked and who didn't. Gah, it's hard NOT to rely on the less reliable when there are few good options to get around. But I guess when worse comes to worst (or whatever the phrase is), a cab CAN be a friend. -_-

Anyway, since that part was one thing wrong with the week, some work being another, I was having a lot of trouble drawing stuff and finishing things. In fact, what I completed were just very small sketches. I'm surprised though! I do have a lot to show, so that's good!

I'll mention my DeviantArt finding below these

--

Some funky style idea thing.
    Name:  mar10cigLady.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  74.2 KB

I attempted to draw the young male villain that's supposed to be in my experimental comic. I got distracted by tasks and didn't want to do the hands.
    Name:  mar10harrixForm.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  60.0 KB

Really bad attempt to draw and shade an egg with my pen. Oh!! My lines!! ;_;
    Name:  mar14badLineEgg.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  107.4 KB

This was a nicer thing I made. I wish I had more ideas in my head to make more variations, but this all I came up with.
    Name:  mar14eyePractice.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  61.3 KB

This character is from the user whisper_w. I miss seein' her. I forgot how she looked though, so I'm certain I messed up terribly in some places. I want to vary the lips and...her breasts are so big there! lol!
    Name:  mar14redPoemTry.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  147.4 KB

So THIS is my attempt to put people together in a pic! Well, gestures, anyway.
    Name:  mar16girls.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  87.4 KB

Two young enemies (and a third despised face) in my comic that hasn't begun. I wasn't really happy with this, but I like their expressions.
    Name:  mar16lilEnemiesFaces.jpg
Size:  80.7 KB

I slipped this crap in, but I don't mind showing how time and work can bring me down to lows and up to highs. I had troubles that day, I'm assuming.
    Name:  mar16poses1.jpg
Size:  71.8 KB

Just some pose of a snake girl. Kinda like them bunny girls but...snakey!!
    Name:  mar16snakeGrl.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  53.5 KB

Thel, one of the main heroes from "the comic". Gah! Yes, I had to pick THAT week to practice drawing guys! XD Still need to capture their feet.
    Name:  mar16thel.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  100.6 KB

...This is...hard to explain. I was just playing with lines and this creature popped up. I drew her stance funny though, so I put those funky little meanies there to scold me and her. I dunno.
    Name:  mar16whaLic.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  83.0 KB

--

Oh yeah! My DA finding: On a popular artist's journal, the artist was responding to somebody about CA. He said something along the lines of, "They're elitists and it's like you have to *get in* there to be known." I just found it funny for him to say that, because um...it's not like Yerf or anything around here. Sheesh! I wonder if he's worried that someone might actually notice a flaw in his finished drawings?

And if he saw my works, I mean come ON! If it were about getting in, I don't think anybody would have a problem if they're dedicated enough. Even though sometimes I feel like I'm not.

Eh, well, I feel ignored at times, but that's anywhere. I still love this place to death.

Last edited by Jazz; March 16th, 2008 at 09:22 PM.

Thanks
    wow you have improved so much from when you started, all of your life drawings and sketches are great, some of digital stuff is really really good, like that girls face at the very start, thanks for commenting in my sb btw

Thanks
    Trust me Jazz, whatever you may think, you're SO getting better. That marker drawing looks GREAT! I think you leveled up. And I can really see the improvement in your understanding of the human figure. You do show a lot of inconsistency -- I don't know if it's because you're rushing on a lot of these, or what. But I know you have the ability.

I see that you're really digging into head construction -- or at least that's what it looks like. Looks like you're starting to figure out the eyes/brow/bridge of nose area which is so treacherous. I'm kinda rethinking my approach to the head right now myself. It's difficult stuff, but it's worth it.

Don't you DARE think of quitting. Yeah, drawing is really hard. Sometimes it feels like you're not getting anywhere. And it sounds like you have some stuff going on in your personal life that's making it hard to put in the time you want. I understand. You can take a break, if you need to (though I'd really advise against it -- rust sets in quick), but you BETTER COME BACK!

Take care, Jazz. Keep drawing!

ketchook!

SSG #44
    "The Fightin' 44th"

Thanks

Thumbs up

Hi! Happy Spring!

Grundo, thank you so much for visiting too! I'm happy that you're seeing progress in my work so far! Hopefully I'll keep it going. I'm trying very hard with the work I'm doing.

Funfetus, I'm so grateful that you're here, because you're always here for me, always with encouragement and that extra push when I need it most! Definitely I need it now!! I'll keep working my hardest to improve. Some days I have to rush my practice because I'm heavier at work than other days. Sometimes my mind shuts down from work, and I have more time to draw because that's all I can think of doing without feeling guilty.

So unfortunately, I don't have a set comfortable place and time that's my own. It's either dedicated to work or my best friend, since we're so close yet so far away. I'm probably going to set out some art time for myself soon enough, when I just feel like I'm shutting down again.

And oh!! That face...yes, the eyebrows and the bridge and eyes...those are SO tough to do!! I have yet to practice with references, but when I do that might give me even more insight on what I'm attempting!!

---

I only have one piccy...is it one? Yeah, because I forgot to scan the other. Just another black and white. Maybe I'll show a second one. They're both cartoony and styled up a tad. It's been one of those weeks again! Heh.

I tried turning my head in that nutzoid angle I got hers on. It's an oops on my part! A bit TOO quirky there!
    Name:  mar19maSock.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  128.0 KB

This is so boring to me, but just profile head practice.
    Name:  mar19longHair.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  55.8 KB

Thanks
    Hey, Jazz. I'm really glad that my posts help you. I want to see you succeed!

I'm really impressed with the poses that you get in your work from imagination. That first picture is a really complicated pose, and I think you nailed it. Like I mentioned before, the linework could use some more attention, but the basic drawing is very solid. (Maybe work on your feet a bit, though.) As for the tilt to the head, it may be a bit exaggerated, but it doesn't look weird, so I think it's okay.

I drew you a little example about the brow/eyes/nose area. I hope it helps. The main things to notice are that the head is 5 eyes wide when viewed from the front. However, right about at the outside corners of the eyes, there's a sharp angle where the forehead turns back to form the side of the head. The cheekbones continue to extend outward a bit before turning back. So the FRONT of the face is really only 3 eyes wide. When you turn the head to a 3/4 view, the far eye will extend all the way to the edge, because the portion of head that's past that is turned at such an angle. I also find it easier to place the eyes in a 3/4 view if I draw them in before I draw the nose. You may have to draw the bridge of the nose over the far eye a bit, but that's okay. I hope this wasn't too confusing.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    ketchook!

SSG #44
    "The Fightin' 44th"

Thanks

Talking

Oh, it does make sense, funfetus!! Actually, when I went to look at the picture before, it wouldn't show up! So NOW I see it, and it makes sense to me! Thanks so much for showing me, too!! It's much easier for me to visualize.

--

So, a month and days went by, and I'm now finished at Co-op for the first term! Yaaaaay, no more Fort McMurray!! That is one cold place! It snowed last week for like...five days!!

Anyway, during the last few weeks, my mind's been on finishing the term, and I couldn't draw stuff for a while in the last couple weeks. My mind had to be on computer, but now I really want to veer to more art-related work. I still feel trapped though, like I can't just LEAVE my courses like that. I need to find a way and I'm pretty well stumped.

Here are some sketches I did, most in their original magenta hue. Well, maybe I'll get better later, since I'm now home. ...YAAAAAAY!!!!

----

Name:  mar20weDance.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  90.4 KB

It's too bad I didn't finish that "apparition" pic way back. Might've been an interesting tale! Ha ha! Gosh, these looks weird. She'd probably fall over with that upper girth.
    Name:  mar20appar.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  134.6 KB

I was playing with an awkward walking pose.
    Name:  mar26rain.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  86.1 KB

Name:  apr07poser.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  73.4 KB

It's hard to make out with all the purple...let alone lines. It's that one picture I've been trying to work on. The guy is fighting some weird springy thing with...wings. I'm still trying to get a good pose and camera angle!
    Name:  apr07rol.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  126.2 KB

I never truly finish a picture with my characters in it. Shatare (left) and Karri (right) shouldn't even be nekkid, but I started nekkid. XD Anyway, just a friendly (or so it seems) hug from mother to uncomfy daughter.
    Name:  apr07moms_girl.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  70.9 KB

I don't know what I was thinking, except this would be an "old" child, doing some sorta meditation or something.
    Name:  apr07child_dans.jpg
Size:  118.1 KB

This was for a friend. Though it's for fun, I was disappointed in the faces a bit. Still...they're rather hot. Characters aren't even mine but it's hard to tell right now.
    Name:  apr07boys.jpg
Size:  99.2 KB

I've seen this pose before, so I wanted to try it out. ...I'll work on it!
    Name:  apr14ascend.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  80.4 KB

For my friend again. Jonathon is his name. The character actually is from Disney but is NOT named Jonathon. We just thought Jonathon suited him better...or didn't know. :3
    Name:  apr16jon1.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  61.4 KB

Just trying a funky twist. That's when I just couldn't do anymore for the time being.
    Name:  apr16twist.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  40.4 KB

I forgot, I have a bunch of sketches from that class months ago. I wanted to show the rest, cuz I forgot how they look!!

Thanks

Unhappy

I'm so tired and stressed about Dad. He had a stroke last week so THIS week things are just...a little overwhelming for me. Like they aren't any other day. But lately I've just been tired. Plus getting into a fight with my best friend...and ANOTHER one tonight...and school... Even not seeing replies on my last post is enough to slap me in the face, and that's nothing!

Anyway, I'm sure I did more than this, but I don't feel like looking.

----

For my best friend...
    Name:  icky_jon.png
Views: 235
Size:  61.7 KB

I fear an old and hopeless critique from a great artist (as in "There's something wrong with THIS part and THAT part and I can't say anymore. ^^;; ") has allowed me to artistically doom my Ava character. I can't draw her nicely, no matter what I try.
    Name:  may2208ava.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  83.2 KB

I just drew that out of nowhere.
    Name:  may2208woman.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  129.8 KB

Gesture of a man at the hospital today. He and his lady were friendly.
    Name:  may2608man.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  35.0 KB

Gesture of my Mom at the hospital...listening to the man and his lady.
    Name:  may2608mom.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  46.4 KB

Fan art of a character for my best friend. I used markers and never finished it. I worked on it for about an hour last night, but it was the WRONG hour. ;_;
    Name:  may26wen.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  103.5 KB

Knew I forgot one! I did this at the hospital, too. I don't know who it is, but I think I like his moxxy...moxxie? Whatever.
    Name:  may2608sly.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  48.1 KB

Thanks
    Hmm looking at the art in this scetchbook, it is obvious that you are making progress. But since I am not in the position to judge that I will try to be more specific about the problems that I see right now.

First thing would be about your anatomy, I see you have a grasp on the gesture and seem to know how big the head has to be in general. But when it comes to the credibility of the individul areas I see a fail unfortunately. I see you only studying the full pose, maybe a hand study hidden here and there, but I see no studies of arms, legs, torsos, butts, hips and so on! No wonder your arms are not believable, you don't have incorporated the knowledge about the bone- and musclestructure yet, I advice you to work on that problem soon, because the more sytlised your poses get, the harder it gets to incorporate correct anatomy. Best thing here would be to draw from statues. You don't have to go to an expensive museum, any monument and statue will do, actually. Draw arms from it, legs and so on.
    With the face I see another problem, I see you jump into the features studiying eyes, mouth, without you having understood the cranial structure yet. I saw you coped some loomis-head-planes earlier, but that's not enough. You have to know how the head-bone looks, from all angles to put flesh on it. Painting faces is the most difficult thing to learn because our brains are trained to detect the slightet abnormalities in them. You seem to have a particulr problem with the jaw-area, making it very small, espescially from imagination. (This one is a big leap forward, though: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...4&d=1211848562)

Ok, I'll subscribe to this and keep an eye on you, you have potential to be mor awesome than the rest of us.

Sorry about your dad.

Thanks
    Hi, Faust! Thank you for looking here, it's been pretty quiet on my end. And thanks about my Dad. He's doing fine right now.

I'll see if I can find statues to look at, though I see more sculptures than anything. I don't know if pictures will help, but since you mentioned different angles, that is true. I do need to really work on those.

Well, and everything else, really. I never think of working on parts like bums, though I almost worked on bums a while ago. Just never showed it. Now I have little time to work on anything. But I would like to fix up the parts nicer than what they are now. I guess I need to schedule body parts throughout the week.

That's really great advice. Thank you again!

Thanks

Unhappy

I'm a wreck these days. I just can't do Informatics and good art. Not even good practice. I hate feeling barred from doing it, but if I quit school now I'll hate myself for it.

So I'll show you what I tried. Any gaps in time (there are HUGE ones) only meant that school (which has NOTHING to do with art) took over, and really, no matter what advice I receive/give about constantly practicing, it's nearly impossible for me. Maybe some other energized soul can do this with a hand tied behind their back, but I can't. Makes me feel behind. Oh, and I couldn't do any thorough practice with proportion or anatomy. -_-

Name:  june07danceCrazy.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  157.2 KB

Name:  june07lizGirl.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  81.3 KB

Name:  june24kick.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  91.8 KB

Name:  june24kid.jpg
Size:  103.4 KB

Name:  june26ladies.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  113.8 KB

Name:  june26meanBoy.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  104.3 KB

Name:  june26stance.jpg
Size:  64.1 KB

Name:  june26tish.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  136.3 KB

Name:  june27feet.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  89.2 KB

Name:  july05chill.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  95.4 KB

Name:  july05doubt.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  52.9 KB

Name:  july05run.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  60.2 KB

Name:  july05waterfr1.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  62.7 KB

Name:  july05waterfr2.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  28.7 KB

Name:  july05waterfr3.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  43.8 KB

Name:  july05waterfr5.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  63.6 KB

Name:  july05waterfr4.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  61.4 KB

Thanks
    You are getting better! Stop hanging out in the lounge so much and draw!

Thanks
    Nice works here! The anatomy studying has paid off. I also liked the looks of that digital with the little green haired guy a couple of pages back, the one you had to resize for your PC.
    Keep it up

Insanity is the key!
    Also, studies are a key. And passion is a key. Also, so are inspiration, motivation and dedication. Talent can be a key. Insomnia can also be a key, depression is a sad rusty little key. Damn, artists need one hell of a keyring.

Current Sketchbook

My little webspace

My Old CA Sketchbook

Thanks

Talking

Faust, ha ha ha!!! You're right!! Actually, though it was for fun, I made a picture one evening!! I'm so proud! ^_^ Thanks so much for visiting!

Aila, thanks for visiting also!!! I really appreciate it! Ha!! Thanks for the comments! Yeah, that figure drawing stuff has really done the trick! I might have to stick to photos for a while as far as references go. No money yet!

Now, though I'm talking in here, I'm going to have some stuff up by the weekend!! Saturday, I'll say! I'm hoping to make a schedule for drawing practice and fun!

Though...while I'm proud of the one fun (and somewhat messy) marker pic I've done, I'll just put THAT one up for now! I'll show more practice ones soon!

Just a fanart. I'm proud of it because I haven't finished a pic in MONTHS AND MONTHS!! This marker work...needs work, but for not touching markers for a while, I'm glad it looks like this!
    Name:  bleck_mark.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  239.9 KB

Thanks
    Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,246 Posts
    cool, I found you nice sketches and studies! you should add your ca gallery to the bottom of your tag. Did you add it yet?

Thanks
    Hiii, Kelly!!! Thanks for droppin' by! Yes, I added the gallery link!! I just haven't added any more pieces to it yet. I just can't decide what is worth putting there, at least not yet!

---------

Finally!!! An update!! I did sketching one day and got a few great results! Gesture stuff is getting better. I'll show what I worked on so far:

From July, here are a couple of marker pictures. I don't think I showed them!

Name:  july17gal.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  71.5 KB

Name:  july17gSketch.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  76.3 KB

---

August!! Yaaaay, best month this year, it seems! I did several sketches: 30 second, 1 min, one 2 min and one 3 min.

This one was just some weird idea...same weird pose I have a habit of doing. I think it's cuz the size of the paper is a BIT too small!
    Name:  aug26lizLady.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  103.6 KB

I don't know what it is, but while using PoseManiacs, I realize that 1) the male poses are weird to me, 2) 2-min intervals are also weird to me, and 3) it's hard to make out all those muscles at certain angles. Arhhhh well that's fine. Good practice, but some of the pics...YOWCH. O_O Some are nice though!!
    Name:  aug29pose01.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  108.4 KB

Name:  aug29pose02.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  97.1 KB

Name:  aug29pose03.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  99.2 KB

Name:  aug29pose04.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  107.6 KB

Name:  aug29pose05.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  101.3 KB

Name:  aug29pose06.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  136.1 KB

Name:  aug29pose07.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  121.3 KB

Name:  aug29pose08.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  101.3 KB

Name:  aug29pose09.jpg
Size:  100.6 KB

Name:  aug29pose10.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  145.7 KB

Name:  aug29pose11.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  102.4 KB

Name:  aug29pose12.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  131.5 KB

FYI: I found this awesome and simple online stopwatch/countdown program that will actually ring-a-ling once your specified time is up:

http://www.online-stopwatch.com/full-screen-stopwatch/

Try it out!! Helpful when you don't have your own but you got a computer!

-------

I also did a portrait picture...for practice! Oy...it looks NOTHING like the original pic of flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/face_it...7601843514625/), but I still like how it turned out!! Maybe next time I'll get more accurate! I just couldn't make my hands work the charcoal magic! Ha ha.

Name:  aug29portrait1.jpg
Size:  207.8 KB

Thanks
    Mmmmm...I didn't get a chance to show what I did last week. o_O Most of what I got are poses--some from Pose Maniacs and others from a book that I bought with nude models.

I admit, I like the legs on many of these! The poses look more flowy than I usually would do.

Name:  aug31pose1.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  60.7 KB

Name:  aug31pose3.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  152.5 KB

Name:  aug31pose4.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  116.6 KB

Name:  aug31pose5.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  122.7 KB

Name:  aug31pose7.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  104.5 KB

Name:  aug31pose8.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  168.2 KB

Name:  aug31pose9.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  156.6 KB

Name:  aug31pose10.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  184.4 KB

Name:  aug31pose11.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  114.5 KB

Name:  aug31pose12.jpg
Size:  142.4 KB

Name:  aug31pose13.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  153.7 KB

Name:  aug31pose14.jpg
Size:  103.8 KB

Wasn't as happy with the 3-minute ones as I was with the 2's. Funny though, it's usually opposite!
    Name:  aug31pose15.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  146.5 KB

Name:  aug31pose16.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  166.5 KB

After that I tried fiddling with some characters of mine...not so great results. Though I'm happier about Ava because I've always had a rough time drawing her, after the crits I got some years back. I still remember them. -_- But I also remember someone who helped me despite others NOT helping at all. I'm glad we still talk!!

Name:  sep1goid.jpg
Size:  152.1 KB

Actually this was supposed to be from imagination. Ugh.
    Name:  sep1bad_sit.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  128.3 KB

I'm half ashamed showing these because the proportions look so bad...it's messy as all get out (but all of my sketches were. )
    Name:  sep1badKarri.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  152.1 KB

Name:  sep1bad_tish.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  174.5 KB

Name:  sep1ava.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  162.9 KB

Attached Images Attached Images    

Thanks
    I didn't practice this past weekend, so last night I made this:
    Name:  happy_scourge.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  211.1 KB

I used my old Prismacolor markers! O_O They work as good or better than the ones I got in Alberta! Man.

I like how I made her overall! But I'm having trouble with drawing clean lines on bristol. I tried drawing as lightly as I could (any lighter and I wouldn't know what was on the page! ), but soon as I erased, it was over.

If you have tips on how I can get a good clean picture right on a "final" page, please let me know!! I don't know how to get it nicely on thick paper...except maybe to PRINT it on. Could do that.

Anywayz, she lovez her dress!! ^_^ I'll practice later on. I did some today, so there's hope for me! Heh!

Thanks
    I guess I need to schedule body parts throughout the week.

Hahahahah! You really did say that in June, didn't you!
    *sorry, warped sense of humour*

Jazz, go back to the start of your sb again and check the difference.... you're really starting to buzz!

Now, DRAW!!!!

Thanks
    You so bad, alesoun!! Thank you. ^_^ I'll look, and I shall draw!!

Thanks
    Good work, Jazz! Your stuff is really coming along. On the last picture you posted (which is really good as far as proportion goes) it looks like you could use a little work on your construction, to really make it feel solid. I found a good post on this topic on John K's (Ren & Stimpy guy) blog. Actually, he has a lot of really useful stuff. It's all about animation, but it's pretty applicable to drawing in general.

Keep up the good work, Jazz.

ketchook!

SSG #44
    "The Fightin' 44th"

30. The Following User Says Thank You to funfetus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks for the sb comment Those loose gesture studies are great, in a lot of your sketches you're often using too many lines and going over what you've already drawn, but in those your lines are a lot more confident.

Keep practicing with posemaniacs, even if it's just a couple of short poses a day, I try to do about ten minutes worth before starting anything else because it helps me to loosen up a bit.

Thanks
    My arrangement is such that I have once a week to put anything up, and a few times a week to practice. Sometimes...I feel SO distracted because I have to do this or that for someone else, I get to scratching my head in wonder: Will *I* get to do what *I* want without feeling guilty about it?

Probably not. Pfft. Hi, all!!

funfetus, thank you!! Great to see you again!! I'll get a good look at that post, because I can't seem to get any further than proportion. When I complete anything, it's pretty messed up because I don't even know how to do the "next" step of constructing...anything!

Shantih, you're welcome!! And thank you very much!! Yeah, I should continue working with Pose-maniacs. But uh-oh! I seem to be running out of poses to draw. So I guess I'll use PM more sparingly and search for some other "models" to draw as well. ^_^

This week has been rough, especially Friday and today for some reason. I guess getting bit by a spider/wasp/hornet/whatever it was...did me less good than bad as far as making me feel nice. Maybe I wouldn't be so cranky today.

One day I was doodling things (...these guys look like Flipside folks on Super Paper Mario...)
    Name:  sep16squarez.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  81.9 KB

and then I thought I'd try creating a face from my imagination. I wanted to make a dark-skinned guy...and I kinda succeeded. Maybe I was thinking of a cousin.
    Name:  sep16maleFace.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  83.9 KB

Today I thought I'd practice more poses... I probably shouldn't have done so much. The practice has caused me nothing but unhappiness today. Still, SOME of them look good, and I eventually figured out how to balance the light using some things in Photoshop.
    Name:  sep21pose01.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  83.2 KB

Name:  sep21pose02.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  102.2 KB

Name:  sep21pose03.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  82.0 KB

Name:  sep21pose04.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  81.7 KB

Name:  sep21pose05.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  105.3 KB

Name:  sep21pose06.jpg
Size:  77.6 KB

Name:  sep21pose07.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  96.9 KB

Name:  sep21pose08.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  83.0 KB

Name:  sep21pose09.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  53.6 KB

Name:  sep21pose10.jpg
Size:  73.5 KB

Name:  sep21pose11.jpg
Size:  66.3 KB

Name:  sep21pose12.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  69.4 KB

Name:  sep21pose13.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  66.6 KB

Name:  sep21pose14.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  84.3 KB

Name:  sep21pose15.jpg
Size:  45.2 KB

Name:  sep21pose16.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  69.5 KB

I tried to copy a picture of a woman in a fab dress. Don't remember if it was from the 50's, 40's...back then! Very lovely pictures. I keep going to ruguru.livejournal.com, where they show awesome photos throughout ages and countries.
    Name:  sep21wdress.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  201.8 KB

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 4