Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Jazz' Junk Draw' (Practice Enviro update, Aug 6, 2011)

Thanks
    thanks for stopping by in my sketchbook, Jazz!
    Nice work here... i esp like head sudies don't give up and draw as much as you can kisses!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thankyou for posting my SB ^^ I think I scowl at the mirror too much. . . ha

I like your stuff, the drawing from dreams thing is inspiring, I've written music based on my dreams before but the drawings always fail to capture the true feeling. And i'm gealous of your photoshop painting skills D: i'm too scared to try! x

Thanks
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,007 Posts
    The shading's a little too sharp on the breasts (unless she's had implants) but the improvement from the beginning of your sketchbook takes my breath away!

Thanks

nothing but replies!

monna-giovanna: You're welcome! And thanks so much for looking in mine! When I read your comment, I started feeling better! I actually drew more heads today! But I'll show them later!

maturin: Oh, you're welcome! My dreams and hallucinations are pretty vivid. I could draw them out close, though there's always that SOMETHING that I miss! I have a few weird dreams that I'd REALLY like to get out, though! As for Photoshop, awww it won't bite! Not hard anyway! Hee hee! It's just a matter of trying any old thing you can! I started off with photo-manipulation, actually! It was crap, but it SURE was fun!

alesoun: Ha ha! Funny you should say that about implants! I was reading about her, and people were SAYING she had them! Check the link I provided, too. That's the picture that I'm using for the study. It's the same thing, just upside-down! And thanks so much for the compliment on my progress!! It makes me happy! ^__^ I'm glad I'm getting somewhere, finally!

--

There's one thing I'll have to work on: line weight. That's for the pictures with outlines. I really don't know the best line weight to use or how I might go about varying weights. Except I could vary them depending on the shape sizes, or focus...stuff like that. Well, whatever I figure out, I'll show SOMETHING on here!

Thanks
    Cool stuff JazzW, really like your digital stuff, the quality seems so much better, is that because you put more time in those paintings? Also like the Gaara twins, its a cool idea and I think the lines are fine.

Thanks
    hello master of sitting poses from magazines hehe! thansk for stopping by in my SB

dude ... I will probably buy my wacom tablet this year so I definitely need to get some advice with you about that ... You seen to be improving on that so quickly ... which wacom you have again?

yeah, I agree with you .. I too have some problems with line weight ... is quite fun because for pro is easy to consider the whole without losing attention to details ... but for us is a little bit hard think everything: if the pose is right, if the light is right, lineweight, you name it ... well, that comes with time ..

you head studies are really good!
    Have you tried any anatomy studies? I bet the will look nice.

I am buying right now the bridgman book to start studying that.

Dude, I think me and you are quite in the same track (but I think you are more advanced hehe, specially with the wacom since I don't have it) and I was thiking we could help each other. Doesn't need to be those ssg, but something similar that we give hints and other useful information.
    If you are interest send me a pm.

Best regards and keep up!

ps: naruto fan as well?
    Last edited by brunopicinini; May 17th, 2007 at 05:22 AM.
    "Dream is not what you see while sleeping ...
    It is the thing which does not let you sleep. "

Thanks
    I love the study of the apple, great improvements here!
    New Sketchbook

Old Sketchbook

"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do." -Leonardo Da Vinci

Thanks
    Thanks for visiting my sketchbook. I definately see lots of improvement in yours, especially the digital stuff . . . I don't know if I'll ever have the patience for photoreal . . . ^^

Thanks
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Checked out the thread. Hmmm... the natural breast is tear-drop shaped, not round or chiselled. What do you think? Lol!

At first glance, I thought you had too many highlights, but, seeing the ref, I've changed my mind. A general softening on the shadows, maybe? Great work, though. That's quite a journey.... !

Thanks
    *Yawwwwn* What a week!! But I got me an interview for next Friday! Digital Artist! ...Will I make it? Uhhhh...we'll see. XD

---

I'm so glad you guys are popping in here! Thanks a lot!!

Sheavolution: Thanks!! I do spend more time on the paintings. It's a little easier for me to start with BIG strokes using big brushes instead of using the pencil. I'll be practicing more with the pencil though!

brunopicinini: Ha ha!! Yes, the sitting poses master is here!! *bow* Thanks for the comments! ^_^ Speaking of anatomy...I did a little of it! Ha ha! Not nearly enough! And anytime, I'll take a peek in your SB! The tablet I have is just a Graphire...2 I think. It's a few years old! Ha ha! I'm surprised it works on my crappy Windows 98. You know, it would be cool to help one another sometime! I'd love to share progress, and I feel like I'm walking with a bunch of you now! So we can share info and tips, that would be cool!

(And yes, I am a Naruto fan! Ha ha! But I drew hardly any of the characters!)

Unbreakable: Thanks a bunch!! ^__^ I really appreciate it!

Blythe: Ha ha!! Thanks!! I'm trying my hardest with patience! That's what keeps me from FINISHING anything! XD

alesoun: Thank you! At the moment, it's not even close to done. I'm working out the heavier detail, then I'll worry about smoothing it all out as I get in deeper! If I get back to it. Heh heh... I'll try. :3 And I did hear about the breast shape being like a teacup. If I were just doing the picture without a ref, I'd probably give her such breasts...except with lying down, I guess the tea cup might be more of a squished and spoutless tea pot? :3

----

So!! I'm surprised I even did anything this week! But I did some different stuff! I, in fact, attempted to work on anatomy! Got a big mess...nice and BIG mess... However, at least I tried some using just my noggin. You could probably guess which ones those were, cuz right now, I suck at anatomy and I need help! XD
    Attachment 140654

Attachment 140655

The one of the left looks so wrong. XD
    Attachment 140656

Attachment 140657

Attachment 140659

And I worked on heads again. I couldn't escape, especially with the realization that I have BIG trouble with angles! ...Wait...I think I said that once already. Well, it's STILL true, so I'm practicing!!
    Attachment 140649

Attachment 140650

Attachment 140660

Hee hee!! I was impatient, wanted to try doin' up a head all in Photoshop (and using my imagination)!! I wanted to practice with shading and facial anatomy, but I need guidance. -_-
    Attachment 140653

Oh yeah, and I sketched some bunnies!! I had four, but the other two...I just didn't feel like putting them up. These are third and fourth tries, for they are each from different pictures!
    Attachment 140651

Lastly, I did this today. A quick and simple picture for my VERY simple online portfolio! I mean...it's so simple. >_< But I LIKED how it turned out! Yep...that's me, posing in some strange way for no reason.
    Attachment 140661

Thanks
    Wow, you've improved a LOT since the beginning of this SB. I really like your cartoon stuff, and your stuff from reference is really solid. The stuff from imagination seems to be coming along nicely, too. That painted b&w in the last post looks great; the anatomy looks great -- the only suggestion I have at all is that the upper eyelids need a little work.

Glad to have you in the 44th! Keep it up!
    ketchook!

SSG #44
    "The Fightin' 44th"
    - _andreas_ - brunopicinini - funfetus - Suarezart -

Thanks
    Hello there! Looking through your sketchbook I see a lot of cool stuff! I like the anime style that is going on, especially the little girl from Full Metal Alchemist. Your life renderings look really nice too.

I think it was already mentioned in here somewhere but I'd like to see some more original works in that style.

Thanks
    funfetus: Hi! Thanks for the comments! ^__^ I think I have more trouble with the upper eyelids because I have no idea how to shade them or structure them on the face yet. So I'll be trying to learn how to do it better.

Clocks: Thank you much! ^_^ Original stuff? You're not alone. *I* would like to see more original stuff in here! But my imagination isn't even making waves yet. So, I'm just building back up to original stuff.

---

My imagination is fading, it seems. When I think about making my stories come to life, I just can't think of HOW. And if I have an idea for part of the storyline, it comes up flatline. >_> It's really frustrating.

I'm not at all feeling good right now. Not about drawing, not about current situations, nothing. Nonetheless, here's what I did. I'll omit one fanart drawing. :3 I don't like it anymore.

Here be crap:

Last night I just went and did this for practice while role-playing. It's not what I'd call "complete", but I'm done with it. I'm not happy with the nose, more than anything else.
    Attachment 142529

Mom had to go to the doc today, so I drew while we waited for her turn. I drew a couple people, fiddled with shading...
    Attachment 142531

Attachment 142532

Attachment 142535

I'd been learning about how the head planes look...the primary ones mainly. When I went to do the secondary ones, and saw the head sideways, I was thinking "Ugh...it's wider this way! >_<" So, yeah. Now I have to get an idea of the width when you draw a profile.
    Attachment 142533

Attachment 142534

This evening I took a bunch of poses from here: http://www.posemaniacs.com/blog/pose/ Thanks to someone who put it on their SB. Can't recall who. Shoot. Cuz I had this little habit of not going for less than 30 seconds in practice, I kept going with these figure drawing practices. Oy!! >_< I can't draw small enough, either.
    Attachment 142536

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast