Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanks a bunch, Chewster! I'll keep up the progress!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Merg...the images are being weird for me...

I'm so glad to be done school for now!! But now I need to find a summer job. Bah...well, as long as it's different from what I've been toiling at the whole year, I'm fine!

So, I'm working on trying to do more stuff within the week. It's very hard for me. I need more energy to really DO more sketches! But for now, I'll keep at it as best I can. Here goes!

Name:  apr21dad.jpg
Views: 5555
Size:  124.9 KB
    Today I drew my Dad sleeping! He was asleep for a decent amount of time, too! So I could have him in that pose for a while! Too bad I couldn't make his hand look better. I had to move it down significantly. Heh!

Name:  sk_apr21littleGirlF.jpg
Views: 5453
Size:  20.9 KB
    More practice on the little girl! I'm really smoothing things out for her, but I'm about finished playing with that one. I'm starting to mess things up.

Name:  apr15womanStep.jpg
Views: 5468
Size:  57.1 KB

Name:  apr15womanWalk.jpg
Views: 5401
Size:  57.5 KB

Name:  apr15womanCurl.jpg
Views: 5445
Size:  68.3 KB
    I got some ladies sketched a bit. I bought a stopwatch so I could give myself 30 seconds, one minute and two minutes. I should've showed what I did in those time intervals, but I have the end products right here. Horrible, horrible end products! Well, maybe not SO horrible, but I was really rushing it.

Name:  apr20eye.jpg
Views: 5608
Size:  44.1 KB
    Bought Tria markers the day before yesterday, and since I never really used them, I wanted to have a good grasp on them. They're the new ones, and the store actually had them. Whoo hoo!!

I actually need some help with markers, like when I should shade--before pencil drawing, after pencil, after inking--so they won't smear, blending technique, etc. If anyone has any suggestions or can direct me, please let me know!

And I could totally use anatomy help. I have many characters that I want to draw right now and I...NEED HELP! Please. -_-

Last edited by Jazz; April 20th, 2007 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Fix images so they would show up

Thanks

April 27

I didn't do too much this time around. I'm having a quarter-life crisis, as far as art is concerned. My style is dying.

Anyhoo, to get on track with preventing that from completely happening, here and there I work. I haven't done nearly enough.

Rocks in my yard.
    Name:  apr22rocks.jpg
Views: 7072
Size:  51.8 KB

This was nifty, playing with "wet edges", drawing with a Difference brush in Photoshop.
    Name:  wet_edge_diff.jpg
Views: 5250
Size:  39.4 KB

Swift doodle. But I'd been so inspired by WhisperWM's character, part of the name is "Red Poem". She's cool!
    Name:  red_poem.jpg
Views: 5546
Size:  86.8 KB

Some shading practice. I tried drawing Wrath (Full Metal Alchemist) in a more realistic sense. It was fun, but frustrating!

I was blocking in colour. It looked much worse than this. Layered the skin, face, eyes, hair and "top" in different levels.
    Name:  apr23wrathB.jpg
Views: 5334
Size:  43.3 KB

I had fun with the hair! I LOVE doing hair!
    Name:  apr23wrathC.jpg
Views: 5207
Size:  49.9 KB

The face looked too pale in contrast for my liking. I needed to change the shape and colour of his lips a bit, too.
    Name:  apr23wrathG.jpg
Views: 5193
Size:  47.9 KB

Oh yeah, needed to work on the eye. The face was SO freakin' wide it wasn't right. Now, I fixed up both, and I made him a different nose because that other one made him look like some crazy woodpecker man.
    Name:  apr23wrathI.jpg
Views: 5125
Size:  48.1 KB

I was trying to figure out what I did here. Yes! I put on some eye shine, and worked in a little better background. I also fixed up his shoulder a bit. Mind you, that face looks horrid! He's scary, but I could've done better. Haven't practiced in so long. Probably needed to add more shadow on HIS right...Jaw/chin.
    Name:  apr23wrathfin.jpg
Views: 5101
Size:  78.1 KB

Thanks
    These new digitals are looking nice. I'd look into the contrasts in the hair, it seems a bit flattened out, colour-wise.

Otherwise, keep on rocking!

Thanks
    Thank you, Chewster! Though I wanted the colours flat to make the hair dirty looking, I'll take your advice about the contrast, because I suck where contrast and lighting is concerned. Heh! I still don't really know how to cast light on solids of any sort. XD

Thanks
    wow! great progress since i was last in here nice to see the hard work.

New Sketchbook

Old Sketchbook

"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do." -Leonardo Da Vinci

Thanks
    Thank you, Unbreakable! I'll be keeping it up! ^_^

Thanks
    Thanks for dropping by my sketchbook. Yours is quite nice - I like the variety of different subjects: rocks, scissors, etc. Now you just need some paper in there and you can play a game. I also like the fact that you post progress on images so you can see how they improve.

Good luck with finding time to practice. My only practice time really is during lunch, but I usually get some drawing in then. Oh, and I like the little girl - do you have a finished (or as finished as you're going to make it) version that's different from the last one you posted?

Take a look at my series of in-depth critiques, like this one of Salvador Dali's hidden portrait of Lincoln.

Scott's Sketchbook: Check out my sketchbook. Will swap C&Cs.

Thanks
    Scott: Ha ha! Remind me to draw paper one of these days! XD And you're welcome about the SB! It's nice seeing a bunch of different ones!

Thanks for the comments! I greatly appreciate them! I'm glad you like the progress pictures. I think it'll do me well to see them here, so I can be optimistic that I'm TRYING. Ha!

As for the little girl, I've only been doing little touches, that's why her latest progress is hardly noticeable. But, after my break from her, I'll continue possibly as far as adding slight details surrounding her face. Oh yes...and I probably should add the actual freckles she has! Just so hard working with them!

Thanks
    post #3 is my favorite!!

you are making a lot of progress ... specially with the wacom, there is something really nice going with the pics ...

keep posting!
    best regards

"Dream is not what you see while sleeping ...
    It is the thing which does not let you sleep. "

Thanks
    Thank you so much, brunopicinini!! I'll keep going as best I can!

Thanks
    I didn't know what to do with myself this week. I just did a bunch of sketching and one self-portrait (holding up my little board thing to draw on is pretty hard!). Then, tonight I worked on faces, learning from one of the Loomis books. I have so much work to do with faces!! Uggggh, how will my patience withstand it?? >_< But at least I got some practice done!

Action sketches
    Name:  apr28run.jpg
Views: 5392
Size:  75.5 KB

Name:  apr28run2.jpg
Views: 4865
Size:  74.8 KB

Name:  may04actions.jpg
Views: 4817
Size:  79.1 KB

Self-portrait
    Name:  may01selfPortrait.jpg
Views: 4808
Size:  125.3 KB

Faces
    Name:  may04faces1.jpg
Views: 4784
Size:  70.1 KB

Name:  may04faces2.jpg
Views: 4737
Size:  59.9 KB

Name:  may04faces3.jpg
Views: 4713
Size:  77.3 KB

Name:  may04faces4.jpg
Views: 4720
Size:  73.4 KB

Thanks
    heyy jazz, thanks for dropping by my sketchbook again. Didn't get a chance to drop by yours the first time coz there wasn't a link in your signature before heh. Love the improvements in portraits.You're doing all the things i need to do! Keep it up, and maybe soon we'll see that comic of yours drawn in kick-ass art

Take care!

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.