Sketchbook: Jazz' Junk Draw' (Practice Enviro update, Aug 6, 2011) - Page 10

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Thanks
    This has been a trying past few weeks. But it's over!! O_O Vacation time!! I'll be gone till the 30th of December. I just wanted to show what few things I managed to work on. Some of the stuff I'm more proud of, like some of the marker work!

Name:  dec03markerPrac.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  68.5 KB

Fooling around
    Name:  nov28dancerz.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  58.8 KB

I was mad on this day, and with the next three pictures I descended into madness, then got really sad. I had another pic, but I didn't wanna show that one. XD
    Name:  dec08madness1.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  88.6 KB

Name:  dec08madness2.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  102.6 KB

Name:  dec08madness3.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  102.9 KB

I also tried drawing my character, Bellandra. Meh...I have no focus sometimes, so I'm just half-trying to get things accurate there.
    Name:  dec09bellandra.jpg
Size:  69.0 KB

Oh!! Most of these I liked! I took a few hours on most! I'm slow. XD But overall I like how they turned out. Hopefully those getting them will like 'em too!
    Name:  trading_cards1.jpg
Size:  95.4 KB

Name:  trading_cards2.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  88.8 KB

Fooling around again. You get bored at the library. -_-
    Name:  dec09flying.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  73.9 KB

Merry Christmas!!! And Happy Holidays!! And...hey, enjoy the snow, if ya get it! *throws some* Oh wait, it's raining and warm right now.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    You're definatley not stupid! Those madness-scribbles are brilliat. They may not be very rewarding for you technically but they are damn fun to look at! At least I'm entertained and that's a great compliment for an illustrator, don't you think? I like your colorwork recently especially that you tkae so much time for them, it really shows. The green ball here looks very 3D already :http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...0&d=1229125680 great use of saturation!

Merry christmas to you to! (Does it mean you won't update the next 2 weeks?)

Thanks
    Hee hee!!! Awww, thank you, Faust! Yeah, the inner suffering can be pretty entertaining when I think back! I appreciate that from you! That IS a great compliment!! O_O

Thanks a bunch about the colouring, too!! I've been aching to colour for some time, and soon enough I'll be getting more markers so I can actually get MORE colours. XD But hey, working with limitations is certainly good exercise!

Yeah, I'm taking it easy for a couple weeks. I really need to, it's been hectic--work and art and impending school. But I'll be drawing for fun and entertaining my best bud, so that's gonna be awesome!

Thanks
    Oh dear...it's been too long!! O_O Getting back into school and stuff, I dunno, I'm having trouble with time and practice...but I did practice a bit!!

POW comics that I never finished
    Name:  JazzW_pow18_IAm01.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  255.1 KB

Name:  JazzW_pow18_IAm02.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  310.5 KB

Using my new computer and Photoshop elements...whee!! ...I did more but it's just scrap so I'll show something tangible.
    Name:  paintChild.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  16.0 KB

Harrix for no reason...except that my day was completely free but I was stuck at school.
    Name:  jan1909harrix.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  110.0 KB

Thanks
    Thanked 4,154 Times in 2,281 Posts
    yeah this sb ROOCCCCCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS its so much fun i find my self stairing at my computer with a smile on my face jolly good so cant wait fo some moe

Thanks
    Grandma, thanks a bunch!! ^___^

---

Man, it's been a while, and school's got me starting over with some art-related practice!! Haven't touched any in a long while, so I'm quite rusty. *I owe myself a dollar for Lent--being negative...but it's still true!*

This is going to be an odd entry, because everything is in pieces. Strange pieces while I get back into colouring on the new computer. Also, my scanner doesn't work with my new baby, so I gotta wait till I can get a new scanner too! o_o

Remember, it's practice in pieces!!

The first several are pretty much me practicing with my new tablet, new computer...just trying to make it work! I did make some fan art for my best bud, too! Some other fan art for the occasion. Ultimately, as my hands are still very shaky with the tablet, all of these were a challenge.
    Name:  aman_face.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  10.7 KB

Name:  paint_prac.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  13.3 KB

Name:  jazz_face.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  23.8 KB

Name:  jacobCrystal.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  90.9 KB

Name:  handsome_devil.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  94.2 KB

Name:  chucky.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  86.1 KB

Name:  vgaara.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  126.9 KB

I managed to work on a few other things. The first one is a continuation of waaaay back! I still would LOVE to finish that pic!
    Name:  june04mlG.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  85.6 KB

This is finished, though I wish I could shade it a little better. It's a tad flat to me.
    Name:  kittyca_sm.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  102.0 KB

This one I'd LIKE to finish, too. I got some crits regarding the arm, nose, and I noticed he has more girly breasts than he should. o_O So I gotta fix that, too. XD
    Name:  pino_grapes.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  144.2 KB

Thanks
    Thanked 1,007 Times in 643 Posts
    Yes gal!
    Keep pushing at this stuff!
    LIke really close the gap now and hit books draw from life get all that shit down!
    Your improving and your doodles are nice to look at
    Thanks for the nice comment meant alot
    Keep at it jazz!

Thanks
    Thank you so, lilnebo!! You're such a sweety!! I shall keep it up, and you've reminded me to tell a story that lasted two weeks!! O_O I'm happy to help you out!! Always here for ya!

--

Yes, I have a story, because I got a wake-up call in these past few weeks, not just two. But when I did my art one day--the 6th of March no less, THAT was when I realized how much I've slipped. You'll see that I scared myself enough from worrying that I'd never be anything but a crappy office worker by age 30.

But waaaaay after that, when I read about how people started and continued with art regardless of their age, and how my best friend took her efforts to a new high (or at least an underappreciated one on my part) to encouraging me not to give up, and toughening my heart to such a scary possibility, I think I got it.

Name:  mar06kudosse.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  101.3 KB

Name:  mar06char.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  49.1 KB

So, I'm climbing again. >_< Here's my progress up till now. Most of my time has been spent of schoolwork, lemme tell ya!! So don't think I wasn't trying the whole time. Just...more of the time than I was weeks before! Gee, I AM progressing!! Cooool, I see it! Like, my gestures look more fluid than they used to, and faces aren't AS distorted! Hee hee! I still have some problems with body-part proportions though. But yay, getting better!

Name:  mar09dressy.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  118.7 KB

Name:  mar09poses.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  138.2 KB

Name:  mar12oops.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  102.3 KB

Name:  mar12whenItRains.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  111.6 KB

Name:  mar18diesel01.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  104.4 KB

Name:  mar18diesel02.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  133.0 KB

Name:  mar18diesel03.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  95.6 KB

Name:  mar18diesel04.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  114.3 KB

Name:  mar18pfaces.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  111.8 KB

Name:  mar18poses.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  144.2 KB

Name:  mar19bru.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  122.0 KB

Name:  mar19poses.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  124.6 KB

Name:  mar21lensChain.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  110.9 KB

Thanks
    Month passes again...seems like I'm letting weeks, not days go by before updating. But I have to put school first. Now I'm winding down again, hoping someone around here will acknowledge my existance again. I've been aching for some aide, but no one's said a lick to me! O_O

It's not much you'll see, just some sketches for Team CHOW and a couple other things. I did get into some Alchemy, fractal stuff and Blender 3D. I'll show some of that stuff later, I guess.

And trying once again to colour. That I'll show later as well, because I just haven't done much of that at ALL!

Some poses for a Team CHOW character:
    Name:  apr_pose01.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  123.5 KB

Name:  apr_pose02.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  125.7 KB

Name:  apr_pose03.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  89.9 KB

Name:  apr_pose04.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  122.1 KB

Pose for another character that I'm STILL trying to draw:
    Name:  najya_pose.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  84.5 KB

I don't even know why I made a pose like this. Doesn't make sense!
    Name:  weird_male_ps.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  118.7 KB

This is a picture for my best buddy.
    Name:  melissakini.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  112.3 KB

Thanks
    Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,246 Posts
    Hi Jazz W, I'm just checking up on you, the poses are good and the chuckie one rocks, that is funny I don't see you as a chuckie fan?? the piece you did for your friend is cute. I think the main thing is just doing more of these studies, there are huge gaps in your SB, can you set some time each day to do some practice?? Just make yourself do it, you will see it helps. I love you and need to see updates more often.
    Signing up for your thread ... now!!!

Thanks
    Ha! Oh no, Kelly, I'm no Chucky fan! O_O Though I kinda get into being one when my best bud and I role-play! We haven't used him in a while now.

You're right about me setting time just to practice. I've been so down about my art skill that I kinda lessened practice as if giving up entirely. I don't WANT to give up, mind you! In fact, I even tried harder than normal to keep with it. I hope it wasn't for nothing.

---

I do hope to one day do better than these, but I have been working on improving, at least for different purposes.

This is the completed version of a sketch in the last post of mine! My friend adored that, so I'm glad. ^_^
    Name:  melissakini_fin.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  153.7 KB

I have no idea...I think I was just playing with shading.
    Name:  run_pinky.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  26.0 KB

Progress and the finished Protector. Might not seem like much, but I really worked hard on her.
    Name:  procomp.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  77.1 KB

Name:  pro2comp.jpg
Size:  87.0 KB

Name:  pro3comp.jpg
Size:  88.4 KB

Name:  protector_fingb.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  155.8 KB

Thanks
    Thanked 1,838 Times in 1,110 Posts
    Oh wow Jazz, you've improvend heaps!

Your studies and life drawings have been so great to look though, so much progress in line, anatomy and form, fantastic work!

Your digis ahve improved too, but I really think so photo and colour studies would help. Maybe even set up a still life.
    Loved your Team CHOW work too, you guys did great!

Keep up the good work Jazz

cheers,
    matt

Quote Originally Posted by gutss View Post
    yesterday, God came to me in a dream and told me that if I don't become a comic book artist, he has decreed that I shall instead be a burlesque dancer.
    And I said, "But God, nice panties are so expensive!"
    And he said, "Welp, I suppose you better shut up and draw."

Blog
    SketchBook (updated)
    Company

Thanks
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Woah! So long since I've been here. You've got a handle on what you used to do, and now you're trying new directions. Looking back, I remember that you'd work on stuff and get frustrated, then suddenly leap forward.

There's something happening with your lines, and I want to see where you go with this. I've subscribed to your sb. *best Grinch voice* I'll be watching!

Thanks
    JailHouseRock2, thank you so much for visiting! I'll take your advice and study photos and colour-related things. I need to work on environments anyway, so this will be a good chance to practice! ^_^ I find my digital work has been neglected.

alesoun, hey there!! Ha ha ha!! Best Grinch voice I've heard!! Yeah, I'm going to work with the lines I've been making, trying to bring life out of them more. It's great cuz now they aren't as stiff!! ^___^ Thanks a bunch for subscribing!

I'll work towards weekly updates for a while; maybe that'll help!

Thanks
    Hi Jazz the one for your friend is looking great, I think she'll like it!!
    This cave woman has the best lighting you've done so far, really great light that hits those muscles!! I think her shoulder on left is very wide where the shoulder ball is looks a little disjointed, who is this? I'm not up on the latest, is this for a contest?? Cool, her hair looks so cool too!! Work on the lines to make them more definite also, cool piece. Are you going to do an idea of a background? and a shadow for there she is standing will ground her more...

Thanks
    Thank you, Kelly! She really liked that picture I made for her!

Thanks so much about the lighting for the Protector! She was part of Team CHOW (that's over now...awww...), so I didn't really have a background or shadow for her, though I could put that in anyway. Oh, thanks about her shoulder! I didn't know or notice, so I was hoping for another pair of eyes to say so! The lines would've been different, but I had no scanner, so I couldn't upload a proper ink. Dani Duck was kind enough to ink for me, but I refined some lines. :o Oh, curiously, when you say "definite", could you elaborate for me? I'd love to know!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,154 Times in 2,281 Posts
    hey i really like the lines in your sketches an that last girl is gggrrrRRRAET!

Thanks
    Thank you, Grandma!!

---

For a while, instead of posting things here in my sketchbook, I'll be taking a break from CA and POSTING HERE:

http://www.binomynd.com/blog/

I would LOVE if you visit and help me progress whenever I'm working on this stuff! I'd really appreciate it.

EDIT: I'll try updating every Sunday (I did this Sunday!), and right now I'm seriously in need of mentoring. So if you have any crits, suggestions or other help for me that you see within my pictures, you can comment as Anonymous or whatever! Thanks!! I'll come back after a while so I won't annoy anyone!

Last edited by Jazz; May 17th, 2009 at 05:26 PM.

Thanks
    I decided (and got some opinion to help) to post some stuff up here... I think my break's pretty well done with, though I'll try harder NOT to make myself rely on these internet places!!

I'll also try to feel inspired, not discouraged when I see art that I find much better looking. But just drawing for FUN works, too. I'll do it all!

My blog still has a bunch of stuff to show, but I'll put some things up here as well RIGHT NOW! Here goes:

Some sketches of people enjoying the sun...or the bus:
    Name:  may23bus.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  108.8 KB

Name:  may23wf01.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  134.7 KB

For once I tried drawing a simple structure from the ferry terminal.
    Name:  may23wfStruct.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  74.1 KB

I've been DESPERATE FOR HELP *hint hint* regarding environments and building creation, so I looked at some outside tutorials regarding the subject. I just wish I could get some one-on-one help with this...no one's heard my call (or they ignored it...pfft).
    Name:  bldg_prac.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  127.8 KB

Name:  may15_perspPrac.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  145.8 KB

Just a pic for fun! I needed to do SOMETHING.
    Name:  may14_bigStep.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  140.3 KB

Did some perspective with a girl
    Name:  may16_girl.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  101.8 KB

Still life of my Bowser plushie. Poor guy! XD
    Name:  may09_bowPlush.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  145.8 KB

This one was done for a friend, but mostly for me: I needed to work, and I needed to paint. I got the idea from her signature or something. Ha! I'm not too happy with the head in relation to the rest, but that was my start to TRYING again. Plus it was fun!!
    Name:  ghost_fin.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  77.9 KB

These next ones are something that I did rather quickly today. I just wanted to practice with shading. Mine always seems so flat. o_O Oy!! So the next one has progress of what I did. I did try an extra bit to get her looking more 3D. I admit I felt very uncomfy with the outcome...I'm not used to drawing things scary looking like this.
    Name:  fresh_fin.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  75.2 KB

Name:  fresh_prog.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  272.3 KB

Thanks
    Jazz I love the Big Step and this mangled guy is awesome, the lighting and colors, really well done plus I love the way you did the step by step process's. eyes great, mouth and teeth great!!! I love this it kind of reminds me of a troll doll I had that turned into a demon?? So cool, your mind is so great!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,838 Times in 1,110 Posts
    Nice life drawings and colour studies, good stuff all round

Keep it up Jazz!
    matt

Quote Originally Posted by gutss View Post
    yesterday, God came to me in a dream and told me that if I don't become a comic book artist, he has decreed that I shall instead be a burlesque dancer.
    And I said, "But God, nice panties are so expensive!"
    And he said, "Welp, I suppose you better shut up and draw."

Blog
    SketchBook (updated)
    Company

Thanks
    Your blog is awesome, I love the photo named lines... !!

Thanks
    Awwww, thank you, kelly!! I really appreciate you looking at the blog, too!! ^___^

JailHouseRock2, thank you as well!! Awesome of you both to peek in!! ^___^

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Jazz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Here I am again. o_o I'm trying my best to do something weekly, so here are a few things:

Just a sketch of one of my characters. I hesitate to draw out the comic because I keep making the characters look strange.
    Name:  sk_karri.jpg
Size:  107.9 KB

More brief attempts at learning about environments...perspective.
    Name:  persp_rects.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  97.3 KB

A portrait that looks eerily close to my face. O_O Maybe I'm starting to remember what I look like! At least in the lips.
    Name:  portrait.jpg
Size:  150.9 KB

Just some weird lady pose...I do that once in a while!
    Name:  thumb_back.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  120.6 KB

I did more faces (lineart at least), but after looking at Zhanglu and Jason Manley's video about drawing portraits, I got a tad chicken and tried copying a picture of my best friend. I wanted to see if I could get her essence out when I draw her. At first a just about gave up (left pic), but then today I felt another burst of energy and decided to do a little more (right):
    Name:  tia_port3.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  59.8 KB

Doesn't quite look like her, but I think I got some of that essence! Here she is! I didn't add the knife, obviously.

Thanks
    Hi Jazz W!!! Thanks for the update and the likeness is very close to her for sure... your getting there Jazz W my, that portrait does have your lips, weird how that happens! Hope you get into that school tooooooo!!

Thanks
    Thanks so much, Kelly! I swear that is one crazy portrait!

--

Over the last couple weeks I did a few things. One week I couldn't really do much, though. So I tried to get more in this week.

Some weird dress I made up. Man, head-to-body proportions are SO wrong!
    Name:  jun05ladyDress.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  302.0 KB

This is going to be for fun! I didn't have time to draw in hair.
    Name:  peaches.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  98.9 KB

Some faces...ugh... And below that, some pose ideas!! Just from my head.
    Name:  jun12faces.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  211.6 KB

Name:  jun12poses.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  219.0 KB

Did these next ones today. My trouble STILL is messing up lines all over the place. I hate when I do that!! The girl is from nowhere, inspired a tad from a scene in Gargoyles. The anthro ladies are from a story I'm making.
    Name:  jun14somber.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  162.5 KB

Name:  jun14ourLoot.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  183.1 KB

This is my brother!! I'll show a ref later. Anyway, I was trying to get him looking dark enough. Went too far with #3, for it's not only dark, but blotchy. Soooo, I'll track back to #2!
    Name:  derek01.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  46.1 KB

Name:  derek02.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  47.7 KB

Name:  derek03.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  47.7 KB

This one's totally from my imagination! I started with a crazy-faced lady, then started refining. I'll keep trying to refine her.
    Name:  port_singin.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  76.6 KB

Name:  port_singin2.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  76.8 KB

Thanks
    Jazz, the only thing you're really lacking is faith in yourself. How hard do I got to kick you? Look back in this sketchbook... you're coming on in leaps and bounds. Keep the faith, girl!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to alesoun For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hee hee!! Alesoun, keep kicking me... Please keep kicking me!! >_< I need it... I'm trying to have faith in myself. I just have to equate progress with mistakes and successes. I keep thinking I fail = I'm not getting anywhere. I KNOW it's not true. ;_; I'll keep trying!!

Thank you sooooo much!!

Thanks
    You can do this, but you need faith in yourself, and nobody can gift that to you. Look how far you've come. I can see it; other people can see it. Trust yourself, Jazz! You can do this!

Thanks
    Yeah...you're so right, alesoun... I'll trust in myself, and I'll trust my words more. That's me being scared to be proud of where I am now. o_o *hugs* I appreciate it; your encouragement is really helpful, even though I know I gotta find the faith in myself, too.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 3