Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    wow..u'll be a master in no time..keep practicing..hmm.. look for constructive geometry exercises..geometry is as important as perspective and anatomy..great progress

my new site, is crazy stuff but is my own space, I can say whatever!! hehe:
    http://theallejo05.spaces.live.com/?_c02_owner=1
    One of the art schools I respect the most:
    http://www.mimsstudios.com/philosophy.htm
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Good work. Your gestures are definitely loosening your line work up. Have you tried working on tone paper or a grey field? I believe that will help establish you middle-tone.
    -Daniel Cheng-

Thanks
    Slumberus: thank you!
    Allejo:thanks man, that means a lot
    Dan:I haven't had much of chance to work on toned paper, I'll try to buy some next time I go to the art store. Thanks for the critique and the general school advice!

Ok, so here are some studies after the FOT sculpture (which i have to return soon). Also, some random gestures from the subway.....that guy dressed like Jack Sparrow sat down in front of me out of the blue, I asked him if I could draw him and he was totally cool about it. It was awesome!

I'll be posting the Vilppu class studies later today or tomorrow.

-Ramon

Attached Images Attached Images      

Thanks
    here are the drawings.....i wasn't able to do much today, i watched Vilppu do a long demo instead....around 1.5 hrs.....the first 2 are 25 minute drawings trying to render form a bit more.....the next one is a quickie.....the next one was the beginning of a 25, but I asked Vilppu how I was doing so far, and he used some tracing paper to draw on top of my work. The last ones are fives.

Also, I attached a rough for my surrealist perspective project at USC....has to be completely from imagination....I should have my finished rendered drawing sometime next week.

-R

Thanks
    it's been about a month a half since i last painted......so today was really fun!
    however, the picture isnt the best, and photoshop was doing weird things to the colors....c'est la vie i guess

anyway, 9x 12 oil, 2 hours.

PS. I'm trying out a new palette....in addititon to white, cad red, yellow ochre and ivory black, i'm now using cad yellow pale, aliz crimson and ultramarine blue....so it's basically a double primary palette.....i love it so far!

-Ramon

Last edited by Ramon Hurtado; October 11th, 2007 at 02:34 AM.

Thanks
    Hi everyone, here are a bunch of 2 min studies from the museum of natural history....the stuff I've learned from Vilppu is sooooo helpful when doing quick poses!!! of course some are crap....but some are ok

-Ramon

Thanks
    cast study...trying to come to terms with Vilppu's concepts of gesture, clarity of form, shading across the form, line quality, etc.....although I included cast shadows, which he's not entirely fond of.

Thanks

Amazing work!

AMAZING!!!

Year, I am no way near as good as you... so I'm not going to try and criticize you at all firstly because it all looks sweet as and lastly because i only criticize something that I could do myself.

By the way I have had a look over this thread a few times when I needed help in my anatomy studies. You studies into poses and the human and animal anatomy have helped dramatically improve my understanding of the structure and shading of the external appearance. I have a ridicules amount of study to do before I can confidently draw up a full body sketch well but I am only 18 so I have some time to get my structure up to scratch.

Thanks for your thread and I hope your work Improves as well!

Thanks
    remmy: thank you for your comments about my work, I'm glad it's helped you somewhat! However, I think it's my responsibility to tell you that I'm lacking in the areas you cited, and to really learn you should look at masters of drawing like rubens, sargent, etc best of luck to you with your studies!

Here's the finished perspective drawing....I'm actually really dissatisfied with it....it turns out that I screwed up the vanishing points (it's a long story, but I know what's wrong). Anyway, I'm doing another one later on.

Also, here's a 50 min portrait of my friend Sean in drawing class (conte, about 8 x 10")

And Vilppu class drawings....I hated the ones I did this week, but I again feel like I learned a lot....He gave me some crits on my pervious animal drawings and pointed out that I lack an understanding of the bone structure and my drawings are suffering because of it.....off to the bones it is then!

-Ramon

PS. sorry for the crappy pix

Thanks
    oh, I almost forgot these....sketches after Rubens' work

Thanks
    Great to see your still at it and cranking out some nice studies! I really like the 50min portrait you did in drawing class... I only wish I could draw a portrait that fast and have the confidence of line that you demonstrate. Keep it up, your progress through this thread is very tangible- can't wait for page 12!

Thanks
    reidaj: thanks! the portrait wasn't drawn that confidently, I just sketched it out in vine and wiped it out, then went in with the conte over the general guidelines. I can't wait to see what page 12 looks like either!

here are some more old master studies, trying to analyze the construction and gesture. I also tried to do a Michelangelo study, but it looks like crap, I didn't understand the gesture well enough, which weakened my drawing a lot. I think at this point Glenn has exposed us to all the major tools that we need to produce great drawings, I just need to digest and master all of them....and from the looks of it it's going to take a while.....a LONG while

Also, a planning page for a school painting, topic is skeletons doing something contemporary...I'm basing it off the drawing of the pensive old man in the last page

I'm following Glenn's advice and went straight to the bone section of the museum today

-R

Thanks
    So I've been trying to do some studies after Rubens lately, but I keep making careless mistakes, or getting the gesture totally wrong, and the studies turn out horrible...oh well, I'll get it eventually!

also, here's some stuff from a life drawing session at USC

-Ramon

Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 6