Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking 4 art from fellow CAers!

Thanks

Looking 4 art from fellow CAers!

Ok, so I know I have asked some of you already but, I figured I'd post something in the lounge...

Im planning on finally getting my own place in June.. Something that has been in the works for a while and is a massive stepping stone in my life. I had an idea of how great it would be to sort of have a Conceptart Sketch gallery on a wall of my new place. So, Im asking for artwork no larger then 11 x 14 that I can have and display in my new home... This place has been wonderful over the couple of years I have been a member and could think of no better way to pay homage to the great artists of this forum. I would pay for an shipping costs and could even pay for the actual price of the sketch depending on how much your asking. Just keep in mind that Im a receptionist and dont make a great living. Feel free to email me at robvigo2001@yahoo.com and let me know if your willing to part with your artwork.. Thanks to everyone..

BTW- I know something like this would typically go in the job listing section but, Im hoping the mods will leave it in here for at least a day so that I can get some more responses.. Thanks again...

Oh, one last thing.. I'll be sure to snap some photos of the wall once its done.. Im sure you'll like to see it when its done..
    Last edited by vigostar; March 5th, 2007 at 11:46 AM.
    Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Ilaekae is offline P.O.W.! Leader, Complete Idiot, Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,595 Times in 1,789 Posts
    I have a suggestion, Vigo'...

How about trading piece for piece with the people here? I'm sure an amazing number of us would love to have authentic pieces done by just about anyone here, and the trade would allow everyone to share, and keep the costs down.

For those of us who have a printer capable of doing so, you could even trade comp piece for comp piece, but with a signature or message added just for the recipient, that he or she could print out.
    No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

Thanks
    Ilaekae- That would be a great idea.. I def. do not have any issues with that what so ever... If anyone is interested on one of my pieces for a trade just let me know... Although, I can always muster up a new piece for those interested... Thanks to everyone...
    Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook

Thanks
    I just wanted to thank everyone for their overwhelming support in my endeavor. I just could not believe I received so many responses... Blah...

Actually heres a HUGE thanks to Helzon who was the only person from these boards to respond...
    Last edited by vigostar; March 5th, 2007 at 11:45 AM.

SketchBook

Thanks
    Mhm, I suppose many people simply overlooked this thread - though I find the idea of Ilaekae really nice.

Fipse
    <Insert witty remark here>

Thanks
    fipse- Thanks again for the file.. Anything you want to grab from my crappy SB its yours... I'll be more then happy to mail it out to you...

SketchBook

Thanks
    Thanked 1,447 Times in 259 Posts
    Vigo, not many artists keep printers around for dashing off posters for other artists’ living spaces. The sort of effort and costs required for making and shipping prints is better used by freelance artists in printing promotional materials. Perhaps if you asked for folks here to send you their post-cards or business cards you might have more luck. Despite your admiration of the work of the other artists here, sulking because busy people won’t take the time to help you decorate on a budget is not likely to help you.
    I think you are awesome, and I wish you the best in your endeavors, but I am tired of repeating myself, I am very busy with my new baby, and I am no longer a regular participant here, so please do not contact me to ask for advice on your career or education. All of the advice that I have to offer can already be found in the following links. Thank you.

Perspective 101, Concept Art 101, Games Industry info,Oil Paint info, Acrylic Paint info, my sketchbook.

Thanks
    Rob, I don't understand your reasoning. You want art for free or for price less than it is in artist's opinion. They know you can't give them a bigger price, so it makes your offer less attractive for them.
    I suppose your friends might give you their art for free or for a smaller cost if they are fine with that, but in general you need to pay for that because it is someone's work in it and it has a price like any other product.
    With respect always. Sveta
    Last edited by sve; March 5th, 2007 at 12:23 PM.

Thanks
    Seedling- Im not asking anyone to print out anything.. They can easily send me a a high res. file which I would be more then happy to print myself.

And as to your comment about sulking... You mean the "busy" people like yourself that are on these boards constantly lingering on the lounge having complete conversations about peanut butter and jelly topics??

Im better off someone telling that they basically dont want to send me any work cuz they could care less about me or my idea rather then saying you dont have time...

SketchBook

Thanks
    Sve- Im asking for sketches.. Im not asking for fully rendered pieces of artwork that take hours to create... These boards are a community no?? Ive always thought of a community as a group of people that come together to help eacother out...?? I guess everyones definition of community is different...

SketchBook

Thanks
    I'm talking about sketches, Rob. . Sketches have prices too, some sketches are better than finished work. Work should be rewarded, you know. They are not rich, the artists, they need money too.
    If you want mine, I will give you, just because I like you.

Thanks
    I'll see if I can't grab some sketches I can part with for you to choose from, I don't have a name to myself yet but then just consider them rookie cards I like the idea of artwork for artwork, Vigo....post or choose a selection of sketches you are willing to part with and if I like any I probably to an even trade straight up... but it's up to you!

Thanks
    Rabid P- You can choose anything you want from my sb... If I still have the original I'll mail it to you.... Thanks for the support

SketchBook

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast