Looking 4 art from fellow CAers!

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Looking 4 art from fellow CAers!

Ok, so I know I have asked some of you already but, I figured I'd post something in the lounge...

Im planning on finally getting my own place in June.. Something that has been in the works for a while and is a massive stepping stone in my life. I had an idea of how great it would be to sort of have a Conceptart Sketch gallery on a wall of my new place. So, Im asking for artwork no larger then 11 x 14 that I can have and display in my new home... This place has been wonderful over the couple of years I have been a member and could think of no better way to pay homage to the great artists of this forum. I would pay for an shipping costs and could even pay for the actual price of the sketch depending on how much your asking. Just keep in mind that Im a receptionist and dont make a great living. Feel free to email me at robvigo2001@yahoo.com and let me know if your willing to part with your artwork.. Thanks to everyone..

BTW- I know something like this would typically go in the job listing section but, Im hoping the mods will leave it in here for at least a day so that I can get some more responses.. Thanks again...

Oh, one last thing.. I'll be sure to snap some photos of the wall once its done.. Im sure you'll like to see it when its done..

Last edited by vigostar; March 5th, 2007 at 12:46 PM.
    Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,582 Times in 1,786 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I have a suggestion, Vigo'...

How about trading piece for piece with the people here? I'm sure an amazing number of us would love to have authentic pieces done by just about anyone here, and the trade would allow everyone to share, and keep the costs down.

For those of us who have a printer capable of doing so, you could even trade comp piece for comp piece, but with a signature or message added just for the recipient, that he or she could print out.

No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ilaekae- That would be a great idea.. I def. do not have any issues with that what so ever... If anyone is interested on one of my pieces for a trade just let me know... Although, I can always muster up a new piece for those interested... Thanks to everyone...

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I just wanted to thank everyone for their overwhelming support in my endeavor. I just could not believe I received so many responses... Blah...

Actually heres a HUGE thanks to Helzon who was the only person from these boards to respond...

Last edited by vigostar; March 5th, 2007 at 12:45 PM.

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mhm, I suppose many people simply overlooked this thread - though I find the idea of Ilaekae really nice.

Fipse

<Insert witty remark here>

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    fipse- Thanks again for the file.. Anything you want to grab from my crappy SB its yours... I'll be more then happy to mail it out to you...

SketchBook

Thanks
    Thanked 1,441 Times in 259 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Vigo, not many artists keep printers around for dashing off posters for other artists’ living spaces. The sort of effort and costs required for making and shipping prints is better used by freelance artists in printing promotional materials. Perhaps if you asked for folks here to send you their post-cards or business cards you might have more luck. Despite your admiration of the work of the other artists here, sulking because busy people won’t take the time to help you decorate on a budget is not likely to help you.

I think you are awesome, and I wish you the best in your endeavors, but I am tired of repeating myself, I am very busy with my new baby, and I am no longer a regular participant here, so please do not contact me to ask for advice on your career or education. All of the advice that I have to offer can already be found in the following links. Thank you.

Perspective 101, Concept Art 101, Games Industry info,Oil Paint info, Acrylic Paint info, my sketchbook.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Rob, I don't understand your reasoning. You want art for free or for price less than it is in artist's opinion. They know you can't give them a bigger price, so it makes your offer less attractive for them.
    I suppose your friends might give you their art for free or for a smaller cost if they are fine with that, but in general you need to pay for that because it is someone's work in it and it has a price like any other product.
    With respect always. Sveta

Last edited by sve; March 5th, 2007 at 01:23 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Seedling- Im not asking anyone to print out anything.. They can easily send me a a high res. file which I would be more then happy to print myself.

And as to your comment about sulking... You mean the "busy" people like yourself that are on these boards constantly lingering on the lounge having complete conversations about peanut butter and jelly topics??

Im better off someone telling that they basically dont want to send me any work cuz they could care less about me or my idea rather then saying you dont have time...

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sve- Im asking for sketches.. Im not asking for fully rendered pieces of artwork that take hours to create... These boards are a community no?? Ive always thought of a community as a group of people that come together to help eacother out...?? I guess everyones definition of community is different...

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm talking about sketches, Rob. . Sketches have prices too, some sketches are better than finished work. Work should be rewarded, you know. They are not rich, the artists, they need money too.
    If you want mine, I will give you, just because I like you.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'll see if I can't grab some sketches I can part with for you to choose from, I don't have a name to myself yet but then just consider them rookie cards I like the idea of artwork for artwork, Vigo....post or choose a selection of sketches you are willing to part with and if I like any I probably to an even trade straight up... but it's up to you!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Rabid P- You can choose anything you want from my sb... If I still have the original I'll mail it to you.... Thanks for the support

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If you don't mind something from me, I'd be happy to contribute! This sounds like a great idea. If you see just about anything from my SB you can have it, or I can make something new. Good luck with this!

Daily Sketchbook
    All comments welcome!

ProtoSSG: Cup-of-Joe ~ Kitsu ~ White Rose ~ Afgal

Other SBs - ShiroNami - Leadster618

Thanks
    Thanked 1,441 Times in 259 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    My mistake, vigo. I thought you were asking for prints. I was trying to suggest another way for you to acquire work. Since you mention my time here on “peanut butter and jelly topics”, actually, most of my time here is spent teaching and helping, because I find it to be a fun way to give something back to the community, which I happen to believe in as well. (As opposed to making prints, which I would find to be an aggravating and expensive way to exercise my vanity.) I find this to be a good way to fill time while I’m at work waiting for files to process.

Maybe someone else can help you out with files of high enough resolution to print. My solo work isn’t digital, so all I’ve got are craptastic photographs.

I think you are awesome, and I wish you the best in your endeavors, but I am tired of repeating myself, I am very busy with my new baby, and I am no longer a regular participant here, so please do not contact me to ask for advice on your career or education. All of the advice that I have to offer can already be found in the following links. Thank you.

Perspective 101, Concept Art 101, Games Industry info,Oil Paint info, Acrylic Paint info, my sketchbook.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oddly I have several points of view on this. i work traditional mostly. and as such well the work is shit if youwant it ok'.. but as an advoat of the Fine Arts well ..I worry about the implications of adorning your place of abode with digital perints of digital works. I am enough of a traditionalist to fear the dilution of the qualiy of the work by merely printing it out. i would much rather hear that youwant originals. but then so many o fthe "orignals" are digital files.....

of course I dont deem any thing of mine worthy
    of even Poster treatment. But I know most of the best of CA is digital... makes an interesestig dilemma... you can;t have an original (fillin the blank___ corrierro... djurdovic...manley...chan.. wan... etc)
    unless its digital. and yet what makes it special.. I dont know if you intended to but this is a very interesting can of worms you have opened,,
    sorry to wax philsophical.. or something
    again..u can have anything of mine you want.. I would be honoured that you want it. the original paint
    ings ar e both better and worse than the finalimages
    congrates on having a house to hang things in
    chaos

To see the world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wildflower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

Sketch book

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...ight=chaos%27s

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    we should all make trading cards and send them to each other. you can make 50 post cards for fairly cheap at kinkos or what ever. also the cost for 50 cards and the postage is well worth it for 50 post cards back.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nellie, bad attitude to your own art, you know. That's a big no, no. And simply not fair. I sincerely love three of your paintings. The geometric composition for their simplicity, fresh colors and beauty and the way Chip put it, for the lovely sensation of how light bounces from object's surface and lighten up and effect all around.
    I learn from you to handle light refection and how objects effect each other, traveling of light in space so to speak.
    That's a very rare thing to understand and rare thing to catch in someone's art, you should be proud and contented. I love " he touches her" composition", "Geometric love triangle". it is start of the wonderful, witty series, IMO; your TD piece (historical character). Beautiful art, I love it.
    I like the parrot and one of your Cow as well, something which looked close to a swan. Oh, snowflake. dancer, I think.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cup of Joe- I would love to have something... I would feel better for you to decide what you want to give me.... Thanks for the support.

Seedling- I'd be hardpressed to say that any of your work is Craptastic... I actually just finished looking through your webpage and I love those two dudes on the camels.. Really great work but, I would love photography as well... Im a huge fan of photography and it would be nice to have a large variety of works to display... and sorry for my aggresive attitude.. I automatically get really brooklyn on people when I feel attacked...

Chaos- I totally understand where your coming from and from an Idealistic standpoint you have a very valid point but, like you said... Most members on this site are digital based artists and therefore cant very well ask for something that doesnt exsist... So, option B would be for people to send me files so that I can print it out... I would love whatever your willing to spare whether it be digital or traditional mediums... Thanks for the support..

Adam- that whole thing was tried and failed miserably.. And if you print out 50 postcards its not as personal nor is it that "special" as someone sending you their "one of a kind" artwork versus something mass produced...

Rabid Peanut- thanks again buddy..

Once again I just want to say thanks... Everyone artwork will be displayed and cared for properly.. I have a pretty cool idea for presentation and am really siked to be able to take a photo of all the works in the group when they are all hung...
    Thanks again...

Also, to those who want to send me original artwork send me an email and I'll give you my addy..

Last edited by vigostar; March 8th, 2007 at 01:11 PM.

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Vigostar.. you know I was tempted to post my response to you but then I didn't. I kind of thought... why the hell would you want anything from me... I draw so rarely. Anyway I feel apropriately ashamed for not responding. If you like anything I have done then let me know and I will send you an image or an original

Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we die.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    LaPalida- Send me whatever you would like me to have... Im not one here trying to get artwork from the pros and although it would be nice to get work from them i think there is something very humbling about acquiring work from the reg. Joes of this forum...

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If you see anything you like in my sketchbook or website and you want a file of it to print I'll send it over.
    I like the postcard idea, it could be like the old sketch trade thread, only with postcards.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Vigo,

Go to my sketchbook and choose whatever you like, except for few files that are not around anymore or are oil-paintings - but i'll tell you that. If you don't find anything in my sketchbook, go to my "wild west" thread (also linked in my sketchbook) and choose something out of there. Then i'll send you a high-res.
    I'm so grateful for your support & advice here, a little file will be a appropriate "Thank You", i guess.
    Cheers,

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.