Painter X shortcut keys

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Painter X shortcut keys

Anyone else using P.X on a PowerPC Mac? I'm using a PowerBook G4 and I've noticed my shortcut keys don't work reliably. For example, the tab key only works to hide the palettes when in full screen ("mounted canvas") mode. When its in the normal mode, the tab key seems to tab thru the little tiny buttons around the document window: the little tracing paper toggle icon, the grid, color, impasto, then the ones in the lower left: selection behavior, navigator, zoom...

Most of the others don't work either, like Command-0 for fit to screen, Command +/- for zoom... the F-keys for showing hiding individual palettes. Interestingly, it is normal on this Mac that when I use a shortcut, the menu item that contains the command flashes briefly. That does happen here in P.X. It just doesn't do the command.

The commands work when picked from the menu. It's just the shortcut keys that don't work. I've tried resetting the keys in Preferences, restarting P.X with the shift key to reset the workspace(s), even reinstalling the app. Nothing helps.

I still have P.IX.5 installed and the shortcuts work there. Shortcuts work fine in other apps. My suspicions now are on the implementation of the OS X universal binary code.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm using a G4 as well and had the same problem. In fact, sometimes the hotkeys give up all together, and I have to restart.
    I've pretty much decided to wait until I get a new machine before getting X, and 9.5 still works fine for my needs.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the input. I was beginning to think it was just me. But I tried restarting P.X in OS X Safe Mode and still had the problem. So I can only conclude PowerPC Mac Painter X users are an elite minority.

In playing with this further, the main problem is the tab key function when NOT in fullscreen ("mounted canvas") mode. If you go into mounted canvas mode via the menu (Window - Screen Mode Toggle), shortcut keys work OK. They will continue to work OK even if you switch back, as long as you do NOT use the tab key. Once you use the tab key in normal screen mode, practically all the shortcuts become disabled.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.