View Poll Results: Which scenario do you want to use?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kovah

5 45.45%
  • MurderClaus

5 45.45%
  • AbstractPagan

1 9.09%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: RP Character/WIP Thread

Thanks

RP Character/WIP Thread

Please post your CHARACTERS and any WIPS that relate to the RP in here and not the Rp thread. When it comes time to vote for a winner a new thread will be created to vote on.
    You must create a character and have it approved (by me for now, don't worry i'm not mean) before you can join the RP

Character Thread -

Races that are allowed -
    Notes on races - with the more overly used ones - elf/anthromorphs for example try to think a little more out the box when it comes to your character.

*Human
    *Elven
    *Anthromorph [cat girls etc]
    *Dwarf
    *Gnome
    *Fair Folk - pixies faries imps etc
    *Lycanthropes [werewolves and other were-beasties]
    *Elementals (these are rare beings that can control a certain element – Earth, Fire, Wind, Water, Lightening. They only use their powers when in great need of them.)
    *Angelic (Angelic beings have the appearance of Angels and wings and such BUT do not have many powers due to the fact that they have been cast out of 'heaven' to live on earth)
    *Demonic [beings born from darkness - opposite to angelic]
    *Robots
    *Biomechanical beings/Cyborgs [Half robot half living being for example]
    *Various beasties [as long as they can communicate somehow with the others to provide dialogue i'm not too fussed]
    *Mixture of one or more of the first 6 - if you think it is phesable for them to make babies its allowed.
    *There is of course a consideration for beings that could be classed as aliens or a race that you have created, these will be judged on a case by case basis.

Name: (self explanitory)
    Gender: (self explanitory but if you are a robot or other species devoid of gender please state it somewhere)
    Race: (self explanitory - if it is a made up species please outline its character istics here.)
    Description + picture: (you MUST use your own artwork for the picture, description must be at least a paragraph. You can post the character bio before you have a picture ready but before it is entered into the RP youtere must be a picture.)
    Personality: (self explanitory)
    History: (self explanitory)
    Weapons/powers: (self explanitory)
    Misc Info: (this is just for anything that doesn't fit into the other catagories)

- The world your character has to fit into

The cities, vast matropolis's full of blooming technology, sky scrapers line the roads reaching into the heavens, piercing the clouds as the song of monks and nuns rings though the air. They prey to a god to clense the souls of the worthy as robots watch, waiting for the song to end so they may use the same space to worship their own God. The people of the city, go about their daily lives, partly fearing what is on the other side of the wall that marks the perimieter of their great city home. For they do not understand the ways of the people that live in the wilderness, for there is a place of magic, where small communities live in harmony with nature and adept in the casting of spells.

Neither community can win the power struggle, for when a new technology gives the cities an upper hand, nature seems to deal the wilderness with magic to counteract it.
    Last edited by kovah; March 13th, 2007 at 12:41 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I Rp'd alot in the past, with games like WoW as well as forums, so i'll jump in on this one

Got one question though... When we RP, are we going to make illustrations for the scenes we set our characters in?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfBane
    I Rp'd alot in the past, with games like WoW as well as forums, so i'll jump in on this one

Got one question though... When we RP, are we going to make illustrations for the scenes we set our characters in?
    First the characters for illustrations in the setting that is chosen.

Then i think we will have a vote or something for which scene in the RP that should be illustrated. Its still abit up in the air at the moment.

Thanks

Lightbulb

Anyway, here's my guy:

Name: Grick Gearsly
    Race: Cyborg gnome (25% machine)
    Description + picture:
    RP Character/WIP Thread

RP Character/WIP Thread
    A generally hard-headed Engineer, straight to the point. Intellectually stimulated about rumors and michievious thoughts with traps and weaponry. Was originally a foreman in the machine factory, but fell out of favor due to a very minor miscalculation in calibration for parts needed to make the best machines. Known to slowing production 77% for a "retribution detonation" as he calls it, chuckling everytime he thinks of it.
    Personality: Mostly a good person inside, honest, dependable. The explosion almost killed him, but because his insurance was still valid and they replaced necessary parts.
    History: See above...
    Weapons/powers: His left arm is mechanical and can complete extremely difficult calibrations and welding, etc. Has an incredible handshake with this hand. He also is trained in Martial Discipline taught in his homeland, makes him exceptionally dangerous at unarmed combat. He carries a E-345 "Impacter" that uses a variety of functions to make its ammunition. He prefers explosive bullets and delay explosive bullets. He also has a inituitive nature that gives him some foresight.
    Misc Info: Generally he doesn't fit too well with others until he gets to know them. Kind of a fugitive since he wasn't killed and the factory took heavy losses for months after his 'executive order'.

So what does everyone think?
    Last edited by AbstractPagan; April 16th, 2007 at 08:37 AM. Reason: update with color

Thanks
    voted for murderclause

Thanks
    So, after the votes for the world is done,

when does it start? :/
    Also, is this just a one-time design contest or do you plan to keep on going?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KaWaii
    So, after the votes for the world is done,

when does it start? :/
    Also, is this just a one-time design contest or do you plan to keep on going?

basically it will start when i have time to organize it. My life is a little to hectic at the moment with moving house coupled with uni and family stuff for me to be able to put time limits on anything, so you will have to bear with me on that.

Hopefully its an on-going thing and will be around for awhile. After this storyline has finnished there will be a new one.

Thanks
    A ok,

take it easy then I would say, will keep an eye on this

Thanks
    thankya kindly.

I should get my character up...

Thanks

Heres a tentative character with a prelim sketch.

edit: Withdrawn.
    Last edited by Jason Scanlon; April 13th, 2007 at 04:11 PM.

Thanks
    Went for Murderclaus' idea, here's my character (possible WIP, will see how this developes)

RP Character/WIP Thread

Name: Chuún Sin-Dhal

Race: Ramá

Description: Chuún's normally wearing a large and rather rough cloak over his shoulders, and a large straw hat. ((may add more illustrations if needed)) This is to conceal himself from the public, and to stay as low as possible. Though he's been seen dressed in a some sort of battle gear, thats believed to be what he wears beneath his cloak at all times. He's not a tall, neither a directly physical strong man, but you can see that he's been gifted with mental calm and strenght. He's also been spotted, lurking around the outskirts, practising with a pair of old traditioned blades, though he keeps them well hidden, and always near at hand.

The facial structure of this odd man, is cold and strict. It doesn't hold any room for any expressions what so ever. Even more strange is the sight of the "third eye" in his forehead (even though it's not a eye at all, only a jigsaw of sensors and delicate muscles), which every known Ramá possess. It is said that the "eye" sends out a high pitch sound, which then reflects back to the Ramán, and therefore allows them to render a full 3D map over the nearby area, making them extremely observant, and nearly impossible to outmanouver or ambush. Even though this instrument is indeed very useful and clever to use, it consumes alot of the Ramáns energy and strenght. Thats why they don't rely on this ability in every-day-situations.

Personality Like most of the mysterious Ramá, Chuún acts with great precision and knowledge. Not opening his mouth or engaging in any matter unless it's utterly necesarry. Sometimes he sits by himself, phrasing words of wisdom in his native tounge, making you curious about his origins. When put in a conversation, he rearly speaks about his background nor his culture, if he speaks at all. He's known as the "mute pilgrim" to some of the local inhabitants, or the guy who sits alone in the corner with no sense of humor, though it's obvious there's much more to him than that.

((Think i've mentioned weapons and abilities, wanna add his history later, when i've gotten more info about this whole thing))
    Last edited by Wolfbane; March 3rd, 2007 at 12:14 PM.

Thanks
    RP Character/WIP Thread

Name: Aysel
    Sex: Female
    Race: Demonic Cat [see description for more information]

Description: Often mistaken as an average moggie, Aysel is actually a demonic entity of unknown origin that for one reason or another decides to take the form of a domestic cat.
    She is about 7kg in weight and around 2 foot from nose to end of tail.
    She has Calico markings (mostly white with splotches of ginger and black) and is also long haired and so appears larger than she actually is, she also has bright ice blue eyes.

Background: To try and document her movements would be impossible, as a creature of magic and insatiable curiosity she has nothing to tie her down to any one place.
    As her true nature is demonic she has little clue when she was 'created' for demons are not born into this world, but created when an act of great evil is committed in the vicinity of small pocket of unused magic. She has few memories of her early life

Weapons: Teeth, claws and a handy little trick that allows her to go 'poof' in a puff of smoke and reappear somewhere within a 15m radius.
    She has some 'magic' which allows her to cast various spells.
    Once every so often she saves up enough power to go into full demon form and kill whatever has provoked her into doing it (is very unlikely she will allow her to get herself into such a situation however) [Will add a description for her demon form if its needed]

Personality: Mischevious is perhaps the best way to describe this little kitty. Her curiousity and small stature have allowed her to over hear many a conversation that was supposed to be secret. Though essentialy evil as a demon, she vary rarely shows that particular aspect of her nature, but is more than willing to create a little chaos when she feels that things are getting rather boring.

hopefully the image will work
    RP Character/WIP Thread
    Last edited by kovah; March 20th, 2007 at 08:05 AM.

Thanks
    Ok this is gonna turn out pretty wierd... we've got a demonic house cat, a noseless samurai-ish alien, a human, and a half robot gnome... think it'd be better if we waited until the poll ended, then we can all stick to one theme and perhaps the one that gave us the theme will add more details, for exampel different races or factions. This'll give more depth and understanding to the characters themself, and provide a richer RP experience.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast