Character Reference Sheet (Yet Again WHoring for Crits)
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Character Reference Sheet (Yet Again WHoring for Crits)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Icon Character Reference Sheet (Yet Again WHoring for Crits)

Not much to say here really; I wonder if I should have just placed this in one of my old threads, though. Just looking for some crits.

Alrighty then, shred away!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by RavenScarlett; February 27th, 2007 at 09:33 PM.
    ...Ask yourself, if I asked you straight off- I'm going to stuff you in this box now, would you rather be alive or dead? Naturally, you'd prefer to be alive. Life in a box is better than no life at all. I expect. You'd have a chance at least. You could could lie there thinking- well, at least I'm not dead!
    -Rosencrantz, Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlantis
    Not that yours are altogether bad, but they feel slightly flat and cartoonish. I'm not sure if that's the look you're going for.
    Oh yeah, I've dabbled with less cartoonish faces like one in this thread of mine: http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=89181
    I just have a thing for wild stylised noses.

But I do agree, my face styles have always been a little weak, and I know what you mean about anime influence in my scribbles; I was one of the many who was exposed to it early in life and am now suffering its repercussions. Still working on breaking it. Is this Bridgman someone/something I can access through the 'net, or book only?

Heh, yeah... that whole right corner is one I'm struggling with. Is it just the neck and shoulder regions that make that one awkward?

...Ask yourself, if I asked you straight off- I'm going to stuff you in this box now, would you rather be alive or dead? Naturally, you'd prefer to be alive. Life in a box is better than no life at all. I expect. You'd have a chance at least. You could could lie there thinking- well, at least I'm not dead!
    -Rosencrantz, Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You can acquire just about all the Bridgman books via Amazon for about 8 dollars US a piece. Two of them that I would highly recommend are Constructive Anatomy and Bridgman's Life Drawing.

Absolute Honesty

I Can't Stand People That Can't Spell.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If this were a character design for an animation, the animator would need much more information. How does the character look from the back? Are those split pants, or a solid dress? How would I draw the hands, cartoony? - the hands aren't shown. Ears seem to extend out to the side in the front view, but on the side view, they seem to go straight back..

Good attempt on the facial expressions, but I would like to see more extreme faces exhibiting squash and stretch.

My sketchbook is here

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.