Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Trying to start out

Generic "Hello I'm new" post. (No more point in leaving the sob story around anymore lol)

Last edited by CouchPotato; May 28th, 2007 at 08:54 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Well, post some pictures to show your progress. I suggest to take some current sketches, that show your abilities at the moment or ones you consider to be the best.

P.S. You have to post often or your thread gets lost in the forum. Keep it on the front page and you will get more critique

Thanks
    Thanks man ^^

Ok, I guess I will just put a little bit of everything, including my perspective, because I need some help with my shading.

I also got some mannikins from Loomis' book, so I will put those up as well.

Please give me your opinions!

By the way, how do I put a link in my sig that will link to my sketchbook? Sorry for being noobish :o

Edit:
    Nvm I found out ^^

Attached Images Attached Images            
    Last edited by CouchPotato; February 27th, 2007 at 11:51 PM.

Thanks
    "All quiet on the western front Sarge!"
    "Berry good soldier, but ve must keep posting! Because, some day, something vill happen!!!!
    *Gasp!*

Just trying out some poses on my manikin because I need a break from the other front, side, back view. Didn't turn out quite well though, and took me far longer than it should have.

Should I make my attachments even smaller?

Thanks
    Drawing the fleshed out manikin in slight perspective. Took me a long while....I think there's still some problem with bulk. Some parts of it came out ok, but some parts still look flat. Anyone care to tell me what I did wrong on that?

Oh yeah, also, the guy's legs are off lol, doesn't seem centered. Probably too much slant in the leg or something.

The female is like....god, I'm stupid. Supposed to be perspective but it came out looking nearly flat on. Angle I chose was wrong I guess.

Anyone want to rip me apart? Please? XD

Thanks
    Thank you for visiting my sketchbook.

Tough love time. You will get on the stick and draw something THIS INSTANT or I will beat you severely.

Edit: oops, I confused your reg date with the date of your last post. The threat still stands though, I want to see 10 more figures by tomorrow. I have a sock and a large bar of soap and I'm not afraid to use them.

Thanks
    when u draw u obey rules to get it done properly
    know the rules - know how to draw :>

basicly : every thing u see in your reality is a 3d object just like a cube-
    they are oriented and alligned in 3D space
    example : drawing a figure : figure contains a bunch of cylinders spheres and cubes
    once u know the orientation of the limps ( simplified form > realistic forms )
    u can change the lines to get the form shape and volume oriented inspace
    i use cubes alot because they show me where and how the 3d object is oriented in 3D space.. all objects are oriented somehow and thats what u need to understand
    u can measure any kind of orientation with a cube and angles

everything is geometrie
    some is simple some is complex

i like ur figures but they are flat.. they lack : third dimension * depth
    how i see figures :
    head -> sphere -> cube
    chest -> cube
    stomach -> cube
    hip -> trapezoid -> cube
    legs -> cylinders -> cube
    arms -> cylinders -> cube

those are the pieces u have to know

when i started drawing seriously i did cubes for 3 month
    just to get the basic idea of how to draw diffrent orientations
    it helped more then i could imagine

keep up post more ! (check my sketchbook and see how i learn the figure and how i try to understand the figure as a 3D object oriented in space with volume mass and porportions) *cough* xD)

Thanks
    Your definitely on the right track here. As for learning anatomy in a defined period of time: Fill _atleast_ one page in your sketchbook with anatomy studies every day and finish everything you start. Even if you screw up something in the beginning keep drawing and then search for errors in the finished piece, try to correct those errors in your next study. My advice would be to start with the human figure as a whole and focus on propotions, joints and stance (just as you have done). When you think you got that right start studying details like hands, muscles, faceses and what not. You'll be surprised how fast you'll progress. I'll be checking your sketchbook later for updates, cheers

Thanks
    Good advice given so far here, nothing more to say than keep yourself drawing on a daily basis, set a minimum, stick to the drawings, and do studies as much as you can so you can setup a good traditional foundation for branching out to other stuff later.

Keep it up.

TUNAFISH SAMMICHES?!

Thanks
    Thank you very much guys, for dropping by! First thing I did was to go to your sketchbooks and gave you my thanks ^^.

Longxiang:
    I registered a long time back...but never picked up enough courage to really get into drawing, or put it up here for peer review. Thanks a lot for your encouragement! After seeing sideshowbob's sketchbook, lol.....I need more efforts ^^

Sideshowbob:
    What can I say man? Your thread won't even load up properly for me lol. What's your secret? Lots of Redbull????

Also, to what you said, I'm beginning to use the box thing that you talked about to block out my figures. I'm still trying to settle into the best way to go about it lol. I got a drawing that I was planning to finish up later, which was blocked out, I think maybe I'd scan it in and show it first to see if I'm headed to the right direction before rubbing it off lol. It'll have to be tomorrow though , coz I got no scanner. Got to go to the office.

Zombie:
    Thanks a lot for your words man, it means a lot. Not knowing if I'm moving in the right direction is about the biggest pressure on me at the moment....When you know you're headed in the right direction, the journey suddenly becomes a lot easier.

Sirio_Brozzi:
    Thank you Sirio, drawing everyday is defintely something I'm making a point of. Only thing is, do you have a sketchbook? : / I would like to thank you "personally", like?

Thanks
    Good start with the loomis studies don't forget to try and apply these methods to your own methods of drawing, once u start studying the theories and techniques and start using with poses referenced from photographs, pictures or even your own imagination u wil get more comfortable working in this area much morte quickly.

Why do u stick your nose in other families business'. Come on dude don't u have any HOBBIES?

My sketchbook beckons, ave a look see?
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...09#post1212209

Thanks
    Thanks for dropping by blade. I'm not yet confident enough to try my own style, but I'm confident that style will come as long as I continue. What I plan to do next is to get an actual sketchbook (lol, these aren't done in a book type of thing), then I will bring that little book with me everywhere lol. When I see a motion that I like, or even just dream up of something, I'll just do quickie stick figure drawing and flesh out from there.

In the meantime, here's something that I drew out with the cube geometry thing suggested by sideshowbob. I finished up the lady but left the guy, so you guys can tell me if I'm doing right. I'm in the process of finishing up the guy, which I will put up as soon as I can.

Big thanks to everyone again!

Edit:
    Ok, the head is kinda narrow. which I WILL fix......anything else I did wrong guys?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CouchPotato
    Big thanks to everyone again!

Edit:
    Ok, the head is kinda narrow. which I WILL fix......anything else I did wrong guys?
    If there's a secret to producing good creative work, whether it be art, music, writing, acting, or whatever, I think it's the ability to study what you produce and know that it sucks. It always will, in some aspect. Then you do it again and again and again until you do something that sucks less.
    The only people who make no progress are the people who think their stuff is great, even when it isn't. People who think they're good enough never improve. I'm sure you know people like this.
    That means your ego will always be taking a beating, and you will always dislike what you do to some extent, because no matter how good you get, there will always be somebody who can do something better than you can.
    You're humble and critical of your work. Therefore I predict you will go far.

I see you stressing over your two figures and wanting to go back and fix them and try to make them perfect. I say don't. Instead, draw the same two figures ten more times. Of the ten, there will be one that you like best. Whatever you like best about it, try to duplicate that thing in later sketches. (You know you can, because you did it already.)

The people who do awesome work here (I am not one of them) were not touched by a magical art angel. Like Edison said, it's 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration. Keep doing it, stay critical of yourself, and you will improve.

Now, give me those ten sketches.

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.