Art: Tsumami Self-Portrait (newbie here!)

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Tsumami Self-Portrait (newbie here!)

Errr...apologies if this isn't the right place... it's going to take a while for me to get familiar... >_>;

Anyways... this is probably the only Self-Portrait I've ever done in my life. In fact, this is the ONLY one I've ever done... (and, I'm not sure if I'll do any more... yet...).

Tsumami Self-Portrait (newbie here!)

Painted with Golden Acrylics on a masonite board (24X27 approx.), used a photograph of myself and the grid-line method, and being a full-time student at a Canadian Art & Design school... yep, this was a Painting assignment.
    And, unfortunately.. I couldn't figure out (at the time of the Fall Semester) how to damn-well get Skin colors. So, this portrait.... became, as my instructor said, 'Matisse-inspired.' ><;

But, what I see wrong:

-Facial placement, nose looks small as well as lips (despite working from a photograph, and using a grid)
    -Need more lighting on the face, I feel.
    -One eye is strange (even though that is how it looked on the photograph)
    -I need to make my paintings (in the near future, right now taking Color Theory course) brighter or something....

And... pardon me for being self-critical of myself. It's going to be ongoing like this, really. ><; Any other critiques (if possible) appreciated, since I need a thick-ass art skin.

Last edited by Tsumami; February 25th, 2007 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Addition of other information
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.