Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Tai chi gestures

Here are several gestures of the same tai chi pose. The original picture is also below. All were done with brush & ink. For the heckuvit, I put them all together and then inverted the picture. (The troubador is left over from last time, and I like this one better than the gesture in the last post, where I used a different main force line.)

Life drawings of androids

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Take a look at my series of in-depth critiques, like this one of Salvador Dali's hidden portrait of Lincoln.

Scott's Sketchbook: Check out my sketchbook. Will swap C&Cs.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

Today's lunch

Today I worked on a sketch of the Tai Chi pose from last time. This is a little more detailed, and it's in preparation of a much more detailed drawing.

Take a look at my series of in-depth critiques, like this one of Salvador Dali's hidden portrait of Lincoln.

Thanks

Faire

From a picture we took of some friends at the Maryland Renaissance Faire. Done at lunch today - just getting a feel for the image.

Thanks
    nice studies and gestures. the chow colours come better, but to be honest still need work. when do colour try to make some tests in thumbnails to see how work diferents combinations of colours and values.
    the last drawing is nice.

keep working and take care

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DIMAGYAN For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Back to Life Drawing

DIMAGYAN: Thanks for the kind words and encouragement. The color certainly needs more work. I think for now I'm going to put that off and concentrate on inking and values, which appeals more to me anyway.

---

The life drawing sessions have started up again. Despite construction in the room below us, we got most of the session in. Three times, though, they drilled up through the floor!

This is the same model who was at my very first session, so it's interesting to go back and look at the drawings I did of him then. I did gestures, but they weren't particularly good, so I'm not posting them.

Here's a link to the first one I did of him, followed by today's.

Life drawings of androids

Last edited by scottmcd; September 23rd, 2007 at 02:41 PM.

Thanks
    can anyone help me learn more bout how 2 work this thing cause i have no idea.....
    and does any1 have a forum bout any indian from india type of drawings.

thanx

Thanks
    You are defininetely getting better, and I notcied with teh junk collector Chow , you have one of the gigilo heads in the background, I notice stuff. On your second to last piece, the both have the 3/4 view , try to change up and and some more values to it , and the positionsing of the head won't be so similar.

Ev'sSketchbook for the lazy minded but willing!
    Help an artist, leave a critique.

Thanks

Worked a little more on it

Here's the sketch from the figure drawing session yesterday, finished out a bit more.

Thanks

CHoW 90: Antagonist

Evxyza92: I'm glad you noticed the 'bot head in the collector's window. I'm doing a new version of the other one you commented on (the portrait of some friends at the renaissance festival). In the new one, her head is tilted a bit differently to better show that she's playing the fiddle.

Here's a WIP for this week's CHoW (mis-scanned at the top):

Thanks

This week's CHoW: The Antagonist

I wish I had more time for this one. Maybe I'll get back to it for color or to soften the lines. I scanned using 600 dpi and the black/white setting. In the end, I think it may have been better to go with greyscale. Anyway, here 'tis.

Thanks

Beagles!

A coworker wants me to come up with a mascot for BLAST, which is a molecular biology product that matches DNA sequences. The mascot is to be a beagle in honor of the HMS Beagle that Darwin sailed on. So, I found some references and started drawing a few beagles. These are probably more lifelike than she wants, but I figure it makes sense to start like this and then make them more cartoony.

I haven't really done animals much before, so this is new. I took a look at some skeletons as well.

Thanks

Possible chow drawing

If it comes together I may submit a CHoW this week. Don't know if I'll have time, but the topic is a mobster and his moll. This is the sketch I did at lunch today. The general seated posture for both of them comes from a reference, but the clothing and details will differ.

Thanks
    Hey Scott Thanks for replying back at my sb. As for your work, I definitely see much progress since your first post, I think you're somewhat better in faces than anatomy (my case too) but you'll catch up, no doubt about it.

Oh, and as for digital work, check this out http://www.carloscabrera.com.ar/tutorials/ very VERY helpful, at least in my case

Cheers and good luck

Sketchbook .... Blog .... DevArt .... Tumblr

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.