Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Help my son Ted

Thanks
    That was a really good picture. I hope that you will reach your goal.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hello. I'm not an artist by any means, just a fan of this forum and many of the artists on it, but I have autism (Asperger's Syndrome) and I'd like to say there is most definitely hope out there for your son. Good luck.

Thanks
    I am also one of those diagnosed with Autism (albeit Aspergers syndrome), and while I cannot rightly speak of how parenting one with my diagnosis - I can give you a few words of encouragement.

1. Things have changed - a lot
    When my parents first tried to have me diagnosed some 16 years ago (I was about 6 then, I am 22 now), some psychologist still held on to the belief that my condition was caused by a "cold mother" (which is quite funny because in the end it was her who went through the most of the system for me). Your son was diagnosed when he was 2, in a world that knows more about autism, and has long since accepted it as a category in its own right.

2. You learn as you live
    I have improved a lot in intervening years. Both my motor and my social skills have become better, and I have learned to accept, and to live with, the fact that I will never live the same kind of life that most other people will - I have found happiness in the things that I can, and the life I can live.

I am currently studying Computer Science, and not doing a too shabby job at it - taking life one day at a time.

Thanks
    to those who actually have been diagnosed with a form of autism or have relatives who have been diagnosed with autism as well, thank you so much for coming forward and expressing yourself here.
    It means so much to hear such encouraging words from you.

silentStatic and dwellerofthedeep: You have really touched me with your posts of encouragement. Thank you.

UpsideARTcom: Thank you so much for the information and resources, My best goes out to you and your work and nephew.

Thanks again to everyone who have written in, and once again my thanks goes out to the entire Concept Art forum for making this such a great and inspiring thread.

Respectfully,
    Glen

Thanks
    that's really beautiful
    I can relate since my nephew has Autism. He's a beautiful kid, but he has a hard time dealing with a lot of things, so this illustration really does capture all of that.

Thanks
    I honestly don’t know what to say . I thought about it many times trying to find words. Whatever I come up with won’t be enogh.
    I can’t personally relate to the situation, however I can imagine the situation. and even this is not close to the real thing.
    My wife works with kids that acquire brain injuries, so this is the closest thing I can get to such a situation.
    My heart goes to you and your family

Thanks
    oo mann sorry to hear that.u've a big n beautiful heart.,.God bless ur son..ameen.

Thanks
    very well done, and moving. it certainly sheds light on the subject of autism. you have my condolences for you son, and my 'thumbs up' on your image!

Thanks
    im also a regular lurker here at CA and seeing some fellow artist like you i feel sorry to hear that happen to ur son i pray for ur son and ur artwork is also
    beautiful take care.
    NardsDesign · Creative Director / Webdesigner / Graphic Artist / Illustrator / Photo Manipulator

Keep on Rocking! CG Artists!

Thanks
    Awww....I'm lurker in this forum and this my 3rd or 4th post I guess from the time I joined this forum.
    I feel sorry about that......all of us are to going to face struggle from different challenges in life and I know your family will pass through it. My prayers for your family specially little Ted. Take care.

Thanks
    really beautiful picture. I hope you will reach your goal !

Amicalement,
    Dimsane

Thanks
    where there is will, there is way, If there are things that can be done, Im sure you can find a way to get them done.

use the force and may the force b with u.

Thanks
    My deepest regret for your family, and more so for your son! I will repost this on myspace as well. As we all have different circles of friends, hopefully A few more names will pop up and help you out!

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 6