Art: Paintings and introduction

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Paintings and introduction

Hello

I'm an art student from germany and after lurking around for quite some time here on the forum i decided to post some paintings.

The portraits are all started from life to get the lines and basic shapes and finished from imagination.
    This is because art academys in germany (or perhaps only the academy i study at) do not support life drawing or painting.

further more we have no classes for color theory or painting methods like american academys and so it's quite hard for me to get better.
    i have to teach myself and the only way to paint from life is to ask some friends to sit down for some minutes and then to paint the rest from imagination.

ok the paintings are either oil on linen or masonite.....and the last one is a graphite drawing

hope you like them and crits are very welcome....

p.s. the pics are really bad digital camera sorry

Attached Images Attached Images          
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi there AllPayed!
    I like your paintings quit a bit
    What exactly are those stains on the last darwing? Is that coffee? ^^ I Thought about painting qwith coffee after I accidently crashed a half filled coffee cup against my white wall next to my monitor hehe

And, where are you studying? I'm also from germany and I'd like to study illustration or graphic design or some movierelated stuff like 3d animation... and I'm still looking for a good scool! I thought about going to the netherlands or england or ireland but concerning money I guess I'll have to stay in germany ... so what school are you going to and can you recommend it?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow, thats pretty damb good for someone who goes to a school that doesnt support life drawing/ painting... You would love studying under Michael Hussar.. Your style is very similar to his and he's a great teacher.. Cool guy too...

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @katzenminze:

thanx for the comment. i study in düsseldorf and jepp it's coffee

@vigostar:
    thank you for the comment

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Agree with the things that allready said before. great stuff!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you can paint from life without painting the figure. as a great teacher once told me, "if you want to learn how to oil paint, paint plein air." you can paint the landscape, still lives, things other than the figure if youre having trouble with models. also, one of the best things you can do is to go to a gallery and paint from the master paintings, in person. this will teach you color, composition, mood, etc.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Never in my 22 years of baby doodling to professional painting, I thought of blue tears.
    I'll give you two thumbs up just for that!!

I hope you find a way to make your school journey both exciting and challenging.
    Welcome to CA my friend-!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sup alpay?
    really nice stuff. i hope they don't give you to much shit for pursuing painting with actual skill at the academy

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @metalwings:
    plein air painting is really important ....... but i love to paint the figure and paint it life. it's really an experiance..... thank you for your advise

@davekang:
    thank you for your nice welcome ...... i like your stuff too man it's really inspiring to me ....cheers

@dan:

yep it's me how are you doing man? Man you got the point they give the shit at the academy...... i'm almost the only figurative painter at the academy ....
    everyone around me is just trying to make money with shit..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Damn....for sure you have some Mr. Hussar influences.......looks too much like him ...but no matter what GREAT STUFF MNA.......keep up posting please
    D.

Love all, Trust few, Do wrong to none ! William Shakespeare (1564-1616)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice stuff... looks alot like one of the guys that work that I saw at the last conceptart.org workshop.. the whole discoloured "bleeding eyes" idea anyways. nice work

Mike Phillips
    www.mikephillips.ca

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the graphic composition of the last drawing... Always liked graphic compositions. The black shape at the bottom might be a bit to much and I would avoid having a line in the backround that hits the eyeline. This drawing somehow reminds me a lot of Wes9000 stuff...

The oilpaintings are nice... I guess hussar is a big influence of yours, I'm not a big fan of crits that include "find your own style" because its not really helpfull. Seeing your stuff its the first thing that comes to my mind though.

I'm from germany as well so I know about your problems. The only thing one can do about this is to change things... or to go somewhere else... I think we can both agree that giving up is not an option.
    have a look at this:
    http://www.digitalartforum.de/forum/
    there are more people interested in serious education in this country...

▄▀▄▀▄▀■ - GORILLA ARTFARE - ■▀▄▀▄▀▄

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    youve clearly seen alot of mike hussars stuff as several people have mentioned. and im gonna do exactly what zaknafain doesnt like

you need to find your own voice dude. youve got the technical skills to do great things no doubt. and its mostly in your oil paintings that the hussar refrence comes in. and yeah im sure you would LOVE to learn under mike as vigo said, hes an awesome fellow and fantastic instructor. but really i think youd be better learning from someone else entirely. i think you would benefit best from changing the way you paint completely. exploring a different avenue to explaining form/colour/light whatever. when you handle something VERY differently from the way youre currently doing it you break your habits and see the world in a new light. and after youve explored this new method you can go back, but no matter what youll go back with something more and your old way of painting/drawing will become richer by your experiance.

so my suggestion (and this is just my personal suggestion) is to distance yourself from hussars work, at least to the extent that you make sure your not handling things like he is. its influencing your work too much imo. youve got loads of skill here you just need to find your voice.

much of what im saying comes from the same speech ive recieved from marko durjdavik (bloody name), dan milligan, and coro.

keep on pushing man i cant wait to see how you evolve.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i am scared!

hehe very cool paintings, nice use of oils. like the zombi style very much , keep at it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the way they are painterd, it looks like its so easy! Beautiful works, really! The more I look at them I realize how much I like them!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.